Epilogue

Feelings Kept Inside

Right after the night Hyoyeon and I confessed our feelings to each other, I decided to end it up with Jessica so the next day, I called up to meet her. Apparently, Hyoyeon wanted to go with me so when I met up with Jessica, she was puzzled to see Hyoyeon there with me.

     “What’s this, Onew?” She asked, blinking.

     “Jess, I..” I said, rubbing my nape awkwardly. Well, who knew this was hard to do? “I don’t know how to sa—”

     “Jinki is breaking up with you, Jessica.” Hyoyeon cut my sentence and I mentally facepalmed myself. That’s not how I really wanted it to end but the look on Jessica’s face made me think otherwise.

     It was priceless.

     With her eyes bulging out and her jaw dropped.

     “What?” She hissed.

     “You heard me,” Hyoyeon, keeping up her cool tone and her crossed-arms posture, shrugged her shoulders.

     “Jinki!” Jessica turned to me.

     “I’m sorry, Jessica—”

     “How could you?!”

     “I—”

     “Fine!” She screeched, her face red. She must be fuming right now. I feel bad for wanting to laugh at this sight. “I never wanted to stay with you longer anyway! I was planning to break up with you earlier!”

     Not letting me speak, she stormed out, groaning.

     “This girl—” Hyoyeon was about to go after her when I grabbed her arm.

     “It’s okay,” I smiled at her. “I love you, Hyoyeon.”

     Hyoyeon just smiled back and said, “I love you too, Jinki.”

     And we kissed longer than last night.