That XX

THAT XX

Tonight was indeed a beautiful night in winter, or that was what Donghae thought. He put both of his hands in his pocket, wishing that his hands would be warm to touch her later. A smile plastered in his face, imagining both of his hands held her hands tightly. And of course, seeing her smile was an important thing for him.

Donghae quickened his steps. Sometimes, he would take a glance at his watch, making sure he wasn’t late. Hmmm, winter is surely better if we spent with our lovers. That was what Donghae watched. There were many couples passed by in the street, walking down hand in hand and sharing joys together. Aaaah..Donghae couldn’t wait anymore to meet her.

 

But suddenly, a couple caught his attention. Donghae widened his eyes and rubbed them as he saw them. He looked at that couple in disbelief. How could this happen?!

Donghae could feel his anger was boiling up, he wanted to walk at them and pouring his anger out at them.

But he just clenched his fist tightly and watched them until they disappeared from his sight.

Still holding his anger, he walked again. But his thoughts were mixing up. Anger, hatred, sadness, and happiness. Happy? Donghae shook his head repeatly. How could he felt happy of he knew he would suffer after this.

Maybe he was too busy with his thoughts so he didn’t realize that he arrived at his destination.

 

“Oppa!”

 

Donghae snapped back to reality. He was seeing a girl waved her hands at him. Beatiful. She was beautiful, no, more than beautiful. A girl with height that suited him, a big doe like eyes that sparkling, and a smile that could melt his heart. This girl was really a goddess. Seeing her was enough to kick his anger out.

 

“You took a long time, oppa.” She pouted when Donghae was right standing in front of her.

Aigoo, Donghae wanted to pinch her cheeks, caressed them, and kiss them. She really drove him crazy.

 

“Yah Oppa!!”

 

Donghae back to his sense. He saw her pouted more and it was making his heart in joy. One smile, she got his whole heart.

 

“Aigoo, why you yelled like that? I’m not deaf, okay?” Donghae asked, pretending to be bothered at her.

 

“Because you were spacing out oppa. Really, you like to space out these days.”

 

Really? Was that true? He liked to space out these days? Yeah, maybe since that day, he did like to space out. But he was thinking about her, too much thinking.

 

“See…you are spacing out again.” She added.

 

“Aiissh, I’m not spacing out, okay? Now, tell me why you asked to meet. You waste my precious time, you know.” Donghae said lazily. Of course, he was still pretending. To be honest, Donghae was jumping like crazy after she called him to ask him met her. Donghae even left Eunhyuk who was sleeping over in his house and ignoring his umma who asked him where he wanted to go. In that time, the only things he wanted the most were meeting and seeing her as fast as he could. But it was impossible to tell her like that. Impossible.

 

“It’s not like you have a date.” She stuck her tongue out.

 

“Just tell me why you want to meet.”

 

That girl was in silence for a while then heaved a sigh. Donghae could see that she was upset. Donghae knew everything about her. When she was happy, sad, afraid, anxious. He would know although she didn’t tell him. However, Donghae was only person who knew her more than she knew herself.

 

“Nichkhun Oppa is busy with his family, Oppa. He said that it’s his family tradition in Christmas to gather up and have dinner together. And here I am, being trapped in loneliness. That’s why I want to meet you…”

 

“why me?” Donghae asked in little voice. It sounded that he was like asking himself instead of asking her. But she was too close to him to not hear it. She patted his shoulders.

 

“Because you are my best of the best friends I ever had, oppa!” she answered happily as it was the right thing in her eyes.

 

Donghae could only look at her and smiled weakly. Best friend. Of course, he was only best friend for her. Best friend who always there for her when she was happy or sad. Best friend who always accompany her when her boyfriend wasn’t around. Replacement, that was him. He was a boy who loved his best friend. Im Yoona, his best friend. Im Yoona, Nichkhun’s girlfriend. And Im Yoona, a girl who he loved so much but she didn’t know.

 

“If you know what your boyfriend does behind you…”

 

Yoona frowned and stared at Donghae in confusion.

 

“What does Nichkhun Oppa do behind me?”

 

“nothing…” Donghae turned his body and walked away.

 

Not getting satisfied by his answer, Yoona caught him in the hand and making him faced her.

 

“Tell me, Oppa! What does Nichkhun Oppa do behind me?!” Yoona sounded like demanding than asking. She stared at Donghae sternly, the boy was staring back at her eyes deeply. Should he tell her? Or he should remain silent? But Yoona wasn’t type who gave up easily. She was stubborn girl. She would haunt him if he couldn’t tell her.

 

“He’s cheating on you Yoong…” Donghae remarked.

 

Her doe eyes were wide as a sign of her shock.

 

“How could you say that, Oppa? How could you accuse him like that?!” Yoona yelled at Donghae.

 

“Shisuss Yoona, I don’t accuse him! I saw him! When I was on my way here, I saw him with another girl. He even took off the ring you gave and linked his arms around that girl!” Donghae yelled back. How could Yoona trusted that bastard more than she trusted him. It was making him angry and….hurt.

 

“No Oppa!! There’s no way he’d do that! He loves me!!”

 

Her eyes started to teary, her hand were trembling and she was sobbing softly. His anger vanished when seeing her sobbing. He felt guilty. Because he couldn’t hold his temper, Yoona was in tears. Donghae took steps closer, he open his arms and hugged her. The girl just keeping silent and accepted his hug. But she didn’t stop sobbing. Donghae just sighed.

 

“Don’t mind me, Yoong. I must have seen someone else. You’re right. Nichkhun wouldn’t do that. He….,” Donghae stopped to face her,”…….he loves you.”

 

Donghae was trying his best to smile and it was making her stop sobbing. She hugged him back and buried her face in his chest. Donghae tightened his hug, enjoying this moment. God knew how badly he wanted this moment to be last forever.

 

“I’m sorry Yoong. I lied to you…….again. It’s not like I’m a big liar. But….I did it because I don’t want to see you broken. I….I hate you, Yoong. I hate you for not knowing me. I hate this waiting.Please, let go of his hand now. When you are sad, I feel like I could die…” Donghae wanted to tell Yoona this. He wanted to screming it out. Screaming, so Yoona would know. But he couldn’t. He didn’t want a girl that he loved, got more upset.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Donghae leaned his back at the blue coach in his room. Sometimes, he would smiling or giggling. The reason was no other than a girl next to him, Im Yoona.

Tonight was their night. Yeah, they had a special night to spend together every week. They would spend a whole night in Donghae’s house with watching movies, talking about school’s stuffs, about they friends or sometimes they would have a fights because of silly problems such as who spent more money if they ate together, who got more detention from their teachers  in a week, who got more scolded from their ummas, etc. They called their night “YoonHae’s Night”.

Like this time, Donghae was listening to her story. He loved to see how she talked, how she moved while mimicking the scenes, how her face would change in many expressions, how her eyes sparkling when she told him happy things. That were worthy enough for him.

 

But tonight, it was nothing more. The things that se told is about Nichkhun, her boyfriend. She said she really loved Nichkhun. She said that was going to last forever. She believed in the end. Donghae forced himself to smile again. When Yoona asked for his comment, he gave her his thumb up. Donghae really didn’t know what to say no more. His heart was hurt. He was holding his tears, not wanting them to rolling down. Yoona looked happy when she talked about Nichkhun. Yoona looked good since she were laughing like this. And seeing her happy was his happiness.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“That Nichkhun bastard! How dare he cheats on My Yoongie!!” Yuri cursed as she held her soda cane tightly.

 

Donghae heaved a sigh. That day he was going out with Eunhyuk, Kyuhyun, Yuri, Seohyun, Tiffany and Jessica. And now they was talking about what Nichkhun did behind Yoona. Yeah, you could tell that they knew about this. All of them……except Yoona.

 

“Poor unnie…she doesn’t deserve to be treated like this…” Seo looked down, she really felt sorry to her bestfriend. Kyuhyun who was sitting next to her, held her hand and rubbed it softly.

 

“He’s not worthy for Yoona!” this time Fany talked.

 

“Isn’t there any ways you can do, Hae?” Eunhyuk saw Donghae who remained silent. Now every pairs of eyes were looking at him, wishing Donghae would tell them that he had solution. Donghae just in silence for a while.

 

“You know her, right?” finally he talked. But he was asking back instead of answering.

 

They sighed in defeat. Who wouldn’t know her? The stubborn girl who always think that everything she believed in were true. And they knew it wouldn’t be easy to open her eyes to face reality. Sometimes, giving up on her stubbornness when they were arguing was the only thing they could do.

 

“Love is blind, huh?” Jessica remarked.

 

Donghae looked at Jessica, “If love is blind, then Yoona must be so blind…”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who wouldn’t like Im Yoona? A cheerful, kimd hearted, friendly, smart, caring, stubborn yet nice girl who came from wealthy family. Expensive cars, pretty clothes, classy restaurants. They suited her well. But Nichkhun bastard next to her really wasn’t it. He didn’t go well with her. He smiled fake smile next to her. He touched her cheeks and hair, but inside, he was definitely thinking of other girls. How could he do that to her? It was like a sin. A big sin.

 

Its you (its you)
Its you (its you)
Youre the only one for me (its you)
Its you (its you)

I dont need anyone else, its only you to me
Even if you ask again, its only you to me
Even if you have another love already
I cant forget you, i cant turn back
Right when my glare was sharp
Right when i was nailing a nail deep inside my heart
I chose you without any regrets
Yes , its you

 

Donghae snapped back to reality. He was drowning again to his thoughts. Donghae sighed again. Really, if heaving a sigh too much could kill people, he must be died right now.

He grabbed his phone that still ringing. His smile cracked after seeing who was calling.

 

“Yoboseyo?”

 

“O..Oppa~…”

 

Donghae narrowed his eyebrows. He heard she was sobbing in other line. And it successed to kick his smile out of his face.

 

“Yoong? What happens?”

 

Donghae could hear she sobbed more and it was making him panic.

 

“Y..Yoong, what happens? T..tell me. You make me worried.”

 

“I…I need you oppa…”

 

“Where are you now?”

 

“At usual park….”

 

“Wait for me! I’ll be right there. Don’t go anywhere, okay?”

 

“okay..”

 

As soon as she hung up, Donghae grabbed his jacket and rushed out from his house. He ran as fast as he could tp the park near his house and Yoona’s. After arriving at the park, he saw her sat on the swing alone. She loved to sat ther and she even marking it as hers. Donghae remembered Yoona once kicked his out from that swing when he accidentatally sat there.

 

That night, the moonlight was beautiful. But it didn’t reach his heart. He knew he would be in pain as much as hers later. Donghae approached her, as he stepped closer, her sobbing was getting clearly heard, and his heart was more aching.

Donghae kneeled down in front of her. She looked at him with her tears. And it was really painful for him to see.

 

“O..oppa..”

 

“Ssst…I’m here,” he wiped her tears gently,”….now tell me what happens to you…”

 

“Nichkhun Oppa…he….he..he’s cheating on me..” she answered as she broke into  tears.

 

Donghae could feel anger burnt inside him. He swore if Yoona’s condition wasn’t more important, he would kill Nichkhun right now.

 

“I…I went to the mall to buy cake for him. But I…I saw him with another girl. And..and,.” Yoona touched her chest,”….they were kissing oppa….”

 

Donghae immediately pulled her to his embrace and hugged her tightly. Yoona hugged him back and cried in his chest. Donghae rubbed her back softly, letting her cried. He wanted her to share her pain to him. No matter how much she shed tears, he swore he would treat her better.

 

“Mianhae Oppa…Mianhae for not believing you. I’m such a bad bestfriend…”

 

“Yoong, please look at me…” Donghae said, lifting her chin,”why don’t you understand that your love is me?”

 

Yoona widened her eyes as a sign that she was surprised about what Donghae just said.

 

“Oppa, what do you m-”

 

“No Yoong. Listen to me.” He cutted her off sternly,”...this time  you should listen to me.  I can’t handle my feeling anymore. Why are you the only one who doesn’t know?”

 

Donghae kept staring at her. Tonight, he would tell her everything. He would confessed his feeling for her. And he would make sure Yoona listened to all his words.

 

“What does that bastard have that I don’t? Exactly why can’t I have you? That bastard doesn’t love you. Not even a little, Yoong. Until when are you going to cry like a fool? Please, open your ayes! He doesn’t deserve you!”

 

Yoona was left dumbfounded. She didn’t know what to say. His sudden confess was making her speechless.

 

“I love you, Im Yoona.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Donghae walked along in a beach. He was enjoying the sunset, a music from waves, and seagulls that flew freely in the sky. He smiled, his heart was peaceful. He reminiscenced that night. The night when he confessed to Yoona. 5 years passed since that night. And it left him regretting nothing.

Suddenly a pair of hands covered his eyes.

 

“Guess who I am..”

 

Donghae smiled after hearing that voice, “My pabo girl?” he teased.

 

“Yah!” She released her hands and hit his shoulders.

 

“Ouuch, hurt Yoong. What’s that for?” Donghae rubbed his shoulders.

 

“That’s what you get after calling me pabo!” she crossed her arms across her chest and frowned.

 

“If it’s not called pabo, then what? Only pabo girl who  ignoring her friends’ word. Only pabo girl who loved a bastard with her whole heart. Only pa-”

 

“Say it again and I’ll cancel the wedding tomorrow.” She threatened him as she pointing her index finger on him.

 

“Oh…C’mon Yoong. I’m kidding, okay?”

 

Donghae tried to calm her down. He loved to . Because when she got angry, she looked cute.

 

“Seriously oppa, I feel like I want to cancel our wedding tomorrow.” She pouted cutely.

 

Donghae pulled her closer to him and caressed her cheeks.

 

“Well, I’ll correct it then. You are my one and only woman. You are my soul, my life and my everything…” Donghae said smiling.

 

“And of course you are my wife-to-be which officially become Mrs. Lee tomorrow.” He added while grinning like idiot.

 

Yoona’s cheehs flushed in pink after listening to his cheesy words.

After that night, their relationship became awkward. Yoona avoided him because she was confused with her feelings. But, being away from him, making her realized that she got  feeling for him. And she confessed back. That was a start of their new relationship.

Suddenly, Donghae leaned closer to her. He rested his forehead in hers. Their nose met, so she could feel his warm breath. Her heart was pounding like crazy. Donghae rubbed her pink lips with his thumb lightly, staring at it for a while, then lifting her chin ‘till their lips met. He was sending her shiver down to her spine. He kissed her gently. He kissed her with love. Full of love. They were kissing for a while, then broke the kiss because of lack oxygen. Still resting her forehead in his, she looking at his eyes deeply. She could see that Donghae did love her. He loved her with his whole heart. Not like that bastard. And Yoona was grateful to have him as her husband-to-be. To have him as hers.

 

‘You know Yoong, I would like to say thanks to that bastard.” Donghae said suddenly.

Yoona stared at him in confusion.

“If he’s not being a bastard back then, there’s no our wedding tomorrow.’’ He added and caressed her hair. Yoona smiled wider and touch his cheeks.

 

“I love you, Hae Oppa…”

 

Donghae smiled, “I love you too, Yoong.”

 

They kept looking at each other for a moment. Smile was never levinmg their faces.

 

“Better we go back. Tomorrow will be long day. And make sure you still have stamina for the night.” He smirked

 

“Yah! ert!” Yoona yelled but then chuckling.

 

Donghae pulled her hand and grabbed it tightly. Not even wanted to let it go.

They walked their way back hand in hand. They walked to their happiness.

 

 

 

 

Hay.... so this is my first oneshot :D

How is it?? It's happy ending for Yoonhae!! Though, at the beginning, Donghae isn't happy after all. But whatever, it's still happy ending. Kekeke~

Sorry for the late update. I had some stuffs to do and then I was not satisfied enough to this story so I edited it again and again. I hope you like it. Kekeke~

 

Thank's for commenting and suscribing. Love you, guys <3 <3

PS: Actually some ideas pop out from my mind. And I want you to be able to read them. But I need mood and time to write them down. You know my school is about to start and it'll be took most of my time. I hope I could write them soon and post it u.u

 

Annyeong guys, wait for me, okay? :D

Oooh and happy new year. I know it's late but I still want to say this. Kekeke~