Chapter 1

Park Chanyeol, You Make Me Go Crazy

 

You’re only getting farther – you’re the only one
As much as I loved you, you’re the only one
It hurts and hurts and it’s foolish but good bye
Though I may never see you again, you’re the only one
Only one

- (BoA – Only One)

You copied the exact dance steps your idol, BoA, performed in her music video. Your moves were clean and flawless. Your dark hair bounced along with your steps. A small smirk tugged on your lips and you could feel the music pulse through your veins.

The song was coming to an end and you executed the last dance move perfectly. You smiled and bit your lip as your hair covered your face. You touched the small, gold locket around your neck with a small smile. *Mom...*

----

 

Park Chanyeol fidgeted in his seat on the bleachers. He chewed on his bottom lip as he watched his crush, Kim Yejin, of two years dance flawlessly. *She could be a kpop idol. No, she’s better than any kpop idol.* He sighed in bliss with a small smile.

Kai rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. “Are you just going to stare at her like this?” He growled.

Chanyeol didn’t respond. He was too busy watching the girl he liked. Kai groaned and shook his head. He looked at Suho, who chuckled and shook his head. Suho patted Chanyeol’s knee, “Why don’t you go talk to her? Huh? She won’t be able to see you from all the way up here~” He sing-songed.

Chanyeol glanced at his hyung and then back at Yejin. “I don’t know…”

“Oh God.” Kai shot up from his seat and marched down the bleachers, towards Yejin!

Chanyeol’s big eyes, widened. He stood up and tried to get Kai back. “Yah!” He snapped.

Kai ignored Chanyeol and jumped onto the gym floor. Chanyeol tailed behind him. He grabbed Kai’s elbow. “What do you think you’re doing?”

“Something you should be doing instead.” Kai shrugged his arm off and walked off. He stopped in front of Chanyeol’s crush and called out, “Yah, Kim Yejin.”

You looked up. Chanyeol’s heart shot off at rocket speed. You sighed and slung your backpack over your left shoulder. “What do you want Kai?”

Kai suddenly shoved Chanyeol forward. “You know my friend Chanyeol, right?”  You nodded. He was in most of your classes for crying out loud.

Chanyeol stumbled forwards and blinked his adorable, brown eyes. He looked you up and down. His eyes stopped at your mid-drift. Your black shirt only came down to above your belly-button. He cleared his throat and straightened up. Awkwardly, he looked away and glared at Kai.

You looked up at Chanyeol. He felt his heart stop. Your eyes shifted over to the tan boy. *This guy is hopeless.* Kai thought. “He wants to walk you home. Okay, bye.” Kai shoved his hands in his pockets and smoothly walked away with the others.

“Here.” Baekhyun shoved Chanyeol’s backpack into his chest and smirked.

Chanyeol watched his friends abandon him. *Those bastards!* He mentally killed all of them. He turned around and faced you. His eyes traveled everywhere but you.

*Cute.* You put your fist to your mouth and tried not to laugh out loud. “Chanyeol…” You said.

He turned his gaze over to you and his eyes stopped at your exposed, flat tummy. It looked so soft and toned. He had to fight the urge to reach out and touch it. “Chanyeol? Did you hear me?”

He snapped out of his daze and met eyes with you. You tilted your head to the side with an amused smile. Chanyeol tried hard not to faint right on the spot. “Are you going to walk me home?”

He swallowed hard. “Uh…s-sure.” He held the gym door open for you and followed you out.

The sun was beginning to set behind the horizon. You smiled as a small breeze swept by. You and Chanyeol walked out of the school gates and treaded up the hill.

----

“How about Mr. Lee? He’s pretty weird too.” You chuckled.

Chanyeol’s nose wrinkled up in a cute way. “He always smells like cough syrup.” He stated.

You burst out laughing at his comment. *He’s so funny.* You covered your mouth with your hand as your eyes practically disappeared.

*Her laugh and smile are beautiful.* Chanyeol glanced at your face and smiled, happy that he could have made you laugh. On the walk it was mostly awkward for him because he didn’t know what to say. He wanted to crawl into a hole and never come out. But as you started up an easy conversation he relaxed.

“We’re here.” You spun around and looked up at him. “Thanks for walking me home, Chanyeol.”

He loved the way you said his name. He softly smiled and put his hands in his pockets. “No problem.”

It became silent. You didn’t want to leave his side just yet. You really enjoyed his company. Chanyeol cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. “So…um….”

“I’ll be going in now. See you tomorrow at school.” You said. “Good night.” You turned to go in.

Chanyeol caught your arm, “Wait!” He gasped at his own abrupt action. *Crap!*

You faced him and blinked up at him. Chanyeol ped his jacket and wrapped it around your shoulders. “Don’t become sick.” He sincerely said.

You softened. “Thank you.” You shyly smiled and headed into the house. You stopped and waved one last time to Chanyeol before closing the door behind you.

Chanyeol sighed loudly in content and walked away, whistling. He put a hand over his rapidly beating heart and bit his bottom lip. He felt that his heart would explode any moment. He looked up to the star filled sky and smiled. *Thank you Kim Jongin, you bastard.*

-----                                                                

The next day at school Chanyeol and his friends gathered around his locker and conversed about last night’s soccer match. He shoved pens and notebooks into his light backpack while Kai and Sehun were fighting over who the best player was.

“Dude, you’re so dumb. He missed the ball. It went straight into the net.” Sehun shook his head.

Kai huffed and crossed his arms. Suho, Baekhyun, and Kyungsoo sighed in annoyance as the two (supposed) maknaes began bickering. Chanyeol glanced at his friends and smirked. *Idiots.*

“So…how’d it go last night?” Kai interrupted. He looked straight at Chanyeol who had frozen.

The boys all looked at Chanyeol expectantly. Chanyeol uncomfortably fidgeted under their intense stares. “You didn’t ditch her, did you?” Kyungsoo asked.

Cheeks red, Chanyeol snapped his head up. “What?! N-No!”

“Then…?” Baekhyun leaned towards his friend with a smirk. “Tell us what happened.”

Chanyeol ruffled his hair and puffed his cheeks out. “I just wa-”

“Chanyeol.” A soft voice interrupted. Everyone looked up to see you walking over like a model. Chanyeol’s heart raced and thumped against his chest violently. He was most definitely not ready to confront you so soon. “I hope I wasn’t intruding on your conversation.” You looked at the guys.

“N-No, it’s o-okay.” Chanyeol stuttered and mentally cursed himself.

You reached into your bag and pulled out Chanyeol’s gray jacket. “I accidentally slept in it so I washed it.” You embarrassedly said and chewed on your bottom lip.

Slowly, Chanyeol took it from your hand. “Thanks.” He whispered.

You smiled and met eyes with him. You could feel heat creep onto your cheeks. Just when you opened your mouth to say something a voice called out, “Yejin-ah!” You turned around and saw your friends waving at you. “Let’s go~!” They giggled like little girls.

You rolled your eyes with a smile and looked up at Chanyeol again. “I’ll see you later?” He shyly nodded. “Bye guys.” You waved to them and sauntered off.

As soon as you disappeared around the corner of the hallway, the boys erupted into cheers and slapped or punched Chanyeol. “Yah! You sly dog.” Sehun whistled.

Chanyeol smiled and looked at Kai who had a smug look on his face. It was as if he was saying ‘you’re welcome.’ Chanyeol slung his backpack over his shoulder and shook his head. “You guys are so annoying.” He walked away and beamed widely.

----

After school Chanyeol and the boys were changing out of their practice uniforms. Chanyeol rotated his neck and groaned. *Today’s soccer practice was really tiring.* He slumped against the wall and banged his head against the cool metal.

“Uh oh. Looks like someone it getting cranky~” Kai cooed, causing everyone to snicker.

Chanyeol frowned and tried hitting him. Kai leaned back and laughed at his friend. “Are you planning on asking Yejin out on a date? It is Friday.” Suho asked.

Everyone stopped talking and looked at the giant. Chanyeol blinked at them. “Am I supposed to?”

“Oh brother.” The boys groaned and looked at Chanyeol with eyes that read ‘DUH.’

“If you don’t, she’s going to think you’re not interested~” Kai said.

Chanyeol nodded and slipped into his jeans. He zipped them up and ran out of the locker room. His footsteps echoed throughout the empty halls. He didn’t stop running until he reached the gym. He burst in and searched the vicinity for you. His eyes landed on you. He sighed in relief. *Yes! She hasn’t left yet.* Chanyeol leaned against the wall and watched you.

You ran your fingers through your hair and tried to regain your even breaths. You let out a sigh of exhaustion and grabbed your belongings off the floor. You made your way towards the exit when you bumped into someone. “Oof.” You stumbled back as the person reached out and pulled you forwards.

You looked up and gasped. “Omo, Chanyeol. You scared me.” You put a hand over your chest.

“Mianhae.” He scratched the back of his head and let his arms fall by his side.

Your heart started to beat a little bit faster as you met eyes with him. “What are you-?”

“Are you busy tomorrow?” Chanyeol blurted with closed eyes.

You stopped talking. You blinked up at him. Chanyeol opened his eyes and stared down at you. “I was wondering if you wanted to do something…..with me.” He whispered the last part.

You bit on your lip, trying to prevent yourself from smiling too big. “S-Sure.” You shyly curled your hair behind your ear. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

What did you all think so far?! (:

Please do comment and subscribe!

I'll have the last chapter posted by no later than Sunday night (hopefully).

Byee~ <3