The Trouble With Love

A TUNA Fanfic: How Taemin Became An Oppa

 

“Krystal call me Taemin,” I said to Krystal who looks at me weirdly for a moment but didn’t say a thing. “Yah I said call me Taemin.” I nudge her this time.

“Wae?” she asked with those cat-like eyes of hers. “Oppa you’re being weird again.”

“Aish just say it. Call me Taemin.” I said impatiently. We just finished practicing for our special stage with other SM artists. Krystal and I also rehearsed with Sulli and Key hyung.

“Taemin,” Krystal finally gave in. “Happy now?”

“Aish so troublesome,” I said out loud.

“What? You tell me to call you Taemin and now you say I’m troublesome. Oppa something’s wrong with you,” she said and scooted away from me.

“Well it’s just that,” I scooted near her. “Sunyoung refuses to call me oppa.”

“Why would she call you oppa?”

“Because I’m her oppa,” I reasoned.

“No you’re not, plus how could she call you oppa when you’re clearly everyone’s maknae.”

“What?”

“Don’t look so shock, I know you know it. Everyone thinks of you as the maknae. If Sulli and I have a choice we’d probably call you Taemin too.” She said and turned to me with a silly smile on her face. “Oppa, are you perhaps…?”

“Perhaps what?”

“You like her don’t you?”

“Bwoh? What are you saying?” I turned away from the younger Jung sister.

“Don’t bother denying it, you’re blushing from your forehead down to your neck. You like Luna unni.” She said convincingly. “I was just kidding you know, but it turns out you really do.”

“Sunyoung? I don’t like her,” I answered not wanting to lose even though my heart says otherwise.

“Aigoo, your nose is growing.” Krystal teased.

“I don’t like her okay?”

“Admit it oppa, you like her. That’s why you want her to call you oppa. It’s obvious unni likes older guys, like Onew oppa, Yunho oppa, Sungmin oppa…” Krystal continued enumerating the guys that Sunyoung might like.

“I don’t like Sunyoung.” I said again but Krystal still would not stop teasing me. “Where is she anyway?”

“Well she’s supposed to be practicing with Jonghyun oppa and Onew oppa.” Just then I hear a familiar laugh not far from us. It was Sunyoung talking to someone on the phone. “Oppa don’t stare too much,  unni might notice you like her.”

I ignored Krystal this time and admired Sunyoung’s pretty smiling face, it’s never enough to just stare at her.

“Krystal! Taemin!” I thought we’d be awkward since the last time we saw each other but it turned out she’s way over it. She skipped to get to us like a little girl, her face is bare of makeup and her hair in a ponytail. She’s wearing a lose shirt her favorite one and skinny jeans complete with sneakers.

“Unni it’s great you’re here Taemin oppa just said he’ll buy me ice cream,” Krystal elbows me this time.

“Really?”

“Yeah, why don’t you join us?” Krystal asked her.

“I don’t know, maybe I shouldn’t.” Sunyoung answered and I thought I saw regret in her eyes but she turned to me with her brightest smile. “You go Taemin,” she whispered to me and even winked. Wait, does she think I like Krystal?

“Unni, we’re just getting ice cream –”

“Of course you are,” Sunyoung said pushing the two of us away.

“But wait, Sunyoung –” then Sehun appears out of nowhere just like Sunyoung.

“Sehun!” she called him like they were supposed to meet here. “There you are!”

Sehun looked puzzled for a while and it didn’t escape my eyes the way she playfully pinches him on his side. “Actually I promised Sehun I’m going to buy him pizza,” Sunyoung said which surprised the other guy as well but he didn’t say a thing against it instead he smiled and nodded his head.

But I was not about to lose her without a fight. “Is that so? Then why don’t we all go and grab something to eat? You two can eat your pizza and Krystal can buy her ice cream.” I feel Krystal silently giggling behind me. Sunyoung was about to disagree. “Wae? Don’t tell me you want to be alone with Sehun?”

Sunyoung’s eyes turned as wide as a plate and she shook her head rather violently. “Aniyo!” she said in a hurry.

“Then come on,” I said. “We don’t have all day you know.” I pulled Krystal without a glance at them knowing too well that Sunyoung would definitely follow.

“Is that okay with you Sehun?” I hear her silently asking him. Sehun must have just nodded his head. “Thanks!”

So we ended up going to a nearby restaurant, without fans noticing us. Luckily they have what we wanted. I sat beside Krystal while Sunyoung sat together with Sehun opposite us, with Sunyoung right across from me. She was asking Sehun about their promotions and how everyone was doing. Always the talkative one she managed to ask Sehun seven questions before our food arrived. I don’t know where she gets all of the energy but Sunyoung is almost always happy whenever I see her. And that’s one of the reasons why I like her. Just her smile can take away the stress I feel after a long day of practice and promotions.

I watched as Sunyoung steals a glance at Krystal’s ice cream for some reason she wouldn’t bother just looking into mine though both the ice creams we ordered are of the same flavor.

“You want one?” I asked her stifling a laugh as she looks up to me.

“Aniyo,” she denies and waves her hands. Sehun looked at her seeing the same look I see on her face. She badly wants the ice cream. Sunyoug loves sweets as much as she loves her pet.

“Noona, I’ll get you the ice cream,” Sehun said.

“Aniyo –” but before Sunyoung could finish Sehun stood up.

“You can just share mine,” I said abruptly before Sehun could leave. I said with a spoonful of ice cream held in front of Sunyoung.

“Bwoh?” she said eyes on me and not on the offered sweet.

“Come on, I can’t finish it all anyway. Don’t bother Sehun, she can just eat my ice cream.” I told Sehun and he returned to his seat. “Yah eat this.” I said to Sunyoung but she remained staring at the ice cream. Good thing we were seated at the very back of the restaurant.

“It’s o –” before she could finish the word ‘okay’ I shoved the ice cream right into . Some of it getting on the side of . Krystal giggled beside me as she watched Sunyoung silently eating. I laughed too seeing the mess on her face. “What’s funny?”

“Aigoo so clumsy,” I said and got some tissue for her I was about to reach out when Sehun casually grabbed her shoulder.

“Noona, you have something here.” I was too aware of Krystal holding her breath as Sehun wipes the cream off Sunyoung’s face with his bare finger. I saw the blush slowly crept up on her face as Sehun’s face slowly gets close to hers. 

“T-thank you,” okay now she stutters and she can’t even look him in the eye.

An awkward moment passed, well Sehun did not even feel it I guess. Krystal asked Sunyoung the time even though she was clearly wearing a watch. She readily says she has to go and meet her Jessica unni  back at the company and Sehun said he needs to go back to SM too. So that leaves me and Sunyoung. I got nothing to do but I didn’t say that. Sunyoung said she’ll just go back to their dorm.

“Bye Krystal, say hi to Jessica-unni for me.” Krystal nodded her head and waved goodbye too.

“Thank you for the pizza noona,” Sehun said to Sunyoung. “Next time I’ll treat you.”

“Oh you don’t have to do that,” Sunyoung said turning pink again.

“Aniyo, I’ll treat you next week when we have time. Uhm can I perhaps have your number? Kai has your number but he wouldn’t tell me.”

“Oh is that so?” Sunyoung was amused to hear this. I didn’t even know they had exchanged numbers already! She ended up giving him her number of course. The two finally disappeared. At last just the two of us.

“Taemin, why did you let Krystal go with him?” she asked as if scolding me.

“Wae? They’re going back to the same place anyway.”

“Aish, you should take care of Krystal more.”

“And why should I do that?”

“Do you really have to ask?” Now she thinks I like Krystal, really clueless but I don’t blame her.

“Where are you going anyway?” I decided to ask to divert her attention.

“Home,” she answered. “Can you perhaps give me a ride?” she asked sweetly even batting her eyelashes at me. I held my laughter in.

“And why should I do that?”

“Because you’re my friend and I’m a girl.”

“Says who?” I decided to for a bit.

“Says who what?”

“That you’re a girl?”

“Yah Taemin that’s an old joke!” she said. True I always tell her before that she’s just one of the guys.

“Wae? It’s true anyways. You don’t even wear makeup except when you go out on TV.”

She consciously touches her face. “Do I look ugly then?” she asked suddenly which put a frown on her face.

“Ani –” but she turns away from me. “Hey where are you going?” I ran after her.

“Home,” she answers back.

“I’ll take you home,” I told her but she continues to walk. “Hey I was just kidding you know.” But Sunyoung still continues to walk. “Luna!” I called her and she turns to me. “Luna,” I said again and I know she doesn’t like it when I call her that. She said that she likes it when we call her Sunyoung. It reminds her who she really is. Not the idol, just plain Sunyoung. I give her my sweetest and brightest smile. “I’ll buy you ice cream if you let me send you home.”

She looked suspicious for a moment. “You call me ugly and then you buy me ice cream after?”

“I never said you’re ugly. You’re the prettiest girl there is. Makeup or no makeup.” I walk towards her. “Something’s on your face.” I said even though we both know there never really was in the first place. I just want an excuse to touch her. How I wish I could do this whenever I want to, just freely touching her or holding her hand or calling her my girl. “Sunyoung, the truth is –”

“It’s SHINEE!!!” A bunch of screaming fans came running to us. I hurriedly grabbed Luna’s hand, holding it tight so as not to let it go. Our feet started to move even before our minds could think. This is trouble!

 

 

_______________

Thank you for supporting TUNA ^___^

Please leave a comment.

I want to know what you think of the pairing too ^____^

Should I do another TUNA 'cause this one's just three chapters most 

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE IF YOU LIKE THE STORY. LET ME KNOW HOW MUCH TUNA SHIPPERS ARE THERE. SUPPORT TUNA!!!!