Five

Let's Bet on It

Unbetaed, for now~

 

“Okay,” you begin as you pace across the floor of the practice room, “we should probably brainstorm ideas, first, right?”

Kai is lounging on the floor and his eyes follow you as you move from one end of the room to another. “Let’s just get this over with,” he sighs.

You scrunch up your face and throw the other an irritated look. You want to leave and get this all over with just as much as he does, but he doesn’t see you acting like a brat, now does he? No.

“Then help me come up with an idea,” you snap, plopping down a few feet away from him. It’s a little uncomfortable being alone with him in an unfamiliar place, and you’re a little upset that none of the Exo boys stayed behind to watch or just hang out.

Kai narrows his eyes at you and blows a stray piece of dark hair out of his face. “Let’s just do a romance gone bad or something. The judges always loved those at the past competitions.”

You shake your head at the suggestion. There’s no way you’re dancing some cliché, overused routine just because it’s guaranteed that the judges will like it. That’s no way to be remembered.

“That’s so overdone,” you assert, shaking your head.

“But they’ll love it,” the other retorts.

“But it’s unoriginal and not memorable.”

Kai glares at you and emphasizes every word, “But they’ll love it.”

You glare up at him and cross your arms over your chest. When did he even get over there? He hovers over you and his eyes bore into yours.

“I’m not dancing some cliché, stupid routine because you’re too stubborn to come up with something original!” You stand up and point a small finger at his face.

Kai laughs without humor and runs a hand through his hair. “You’re so ing annoying,” he growls, taking a step forward, “you know that?”

You refuse to step back and scoff at his insult, but you can’t deny that the harsh words stung a little. “I just annoy you because I refuse to be one of your stupid little fangirls. I bother you because I don’t find you irresistible like everyone else does. That’s why you find me ‘so ing annoying’, isn’t it?” You smirk when the other’s face contorts into a dark scowl. His eyes could burn holes through you, right now.

“Why the hell would I be annoyed by that?” he scoffs. “I can have any girl I want. I don’t care what some little kid thinks of me.”

Your eyes narrow and your hands ball into fists at the ‘little kid’ comment. “And that’s why I can’t stand you,” you hiss. “Because you think you can get any girl you want! You flirt with every girl that walks by and act as if getting attention from you is some sort of gift! An arrogant jerk like you couldn’t go a day without flirting with a girl. It would damage your pride, too much.”

Kai shoves you hard against the mirror and glares daggers into your eyes. You gulp and you’re visibly shaking from the confrontation, but you can’t show fear in this situation. You can’t let him see weakness.

“I could go longer than a day without flirting with a girl,” he spits. “It’s them who come flocking to me. It’s them who need me.”

You roll your eyes and attempt to brush his hand off your shoulder. It’s starting to hurt.

“Yeah, right,” you mutter.

His hand is still planted firmly on your shoulder and you breathe a sigh of relief when he pulls it back. An idea comes into your head suddenly and you step forward so that your chest bumps into his gut. His eyes widen a little and he jumps slightly, but he recovers quickly.

“How about a bet, then?” you ask.

He an eyebrow and crosses his arms over his chest defiantly. “What the hell are you talking about?”

You glare at him and copy his pose, tilting your head to look at him sideways. “You think you're so smart? Fine. Let’s bet on it.”

You know that Kai loves making bets when it comes to girls. You’ve heard him make countless bets with his friends during class, and he’s never once turned away from a bet. You can’t remember him ever losing one, but you’re pretty sure he’ll lose this one, and you love winning.

“I’m listening,” he says firmly, breaking you from your thoughts.

“I bet you can’t go one month without flirting with some girl, or treating a girl like a toy.” You watch at least ten emotions cross over his face in under a second, but he manages to form an emotionless poker face. “What, afraid you’re going to lose?” you mock him, an innocent smile on your face.

“Shut the hell up,” Kai snaps. “I’ll do your stupid little bet.” You smile wider and open your mouth to set the terms, but you’re quickly cut off. “But I get to set the terms and what we’re betting for.”

“Fair enough,” you say slowly.

Kai smirks and takes a step towards you, grabbing a curl and twirling it around his finger. “And let’s make this a bit more fun,” he whispers dangerously.

You gulp and watch his finger go around and around, pulling the strand of hair tight. “What do you have in mind?” you ask nervously, your confidence slipping away as his seems to grow.

“I bet that I can make you fall for me within that same month.” he whispers in your ear, raising gooseflesh all over your body.

Your eyes go wide and you try to stutter out a response, but you can’t even form words. Your face is as red as a tomato and your heart hammers painfully against your chest, but not because you’re nervous that you’ll lose the bet. Instead, you’re far more nervous of what Kai will do to make you lose.

“Still confident that you’ll win, kid?” the other asks with a smirk.

You shake your head and will the redness to leave your face. “And just how do you plan to make me fall for you when you won’t be allowed to flirt with anyone?”

Kai doesn’t even hesitate before replying with, “Clearly you’ll be an exception to that. How would it be fair, otherwise?”

Your eye twitches at the thought of this arrogant greaseball flirting with you and you wrinkle your nose. “Fine,” you say finally. “What are the terms, then?”

“If a girl comes up and flirts with me on her own, that’s not my fault. I can’t flirt back, but she can flirt with me all she wants without it counting against me,” he begins. He eyes you for a second to weigh your reaction and continues when your poker face doesn’t change. “I can use any means necessary to seduce you,” he adds with a smirk.

You choke on your spit and frown at him, trying not to blush at his straightforwardness. “Don’t phrase it like that!”

The other scoffs and keeps going. “If you don’t see me flirting, it doesn’t count, so none of that he-said-she-said .” You’re about to protest when he slaps a hand over your mouth and narrows his eyes. “I’m not done.  You can’t avoid me purposely just so I can’t flirt with you. It’s not like I won’t see you when we practice, but you can’t just run away from me. That wouldn’t be fair.”

“None of thith thoundth fair,” you say against his hand. He an eyebrow and removes his hand from your mouth so you can speak clearly. “None of this sounds fair,” you repeat with a pout.

“Shut up,” he says, slapping his hand back over your mouth. “What else? Oh yeah, we have to come up with rewards for the winner.” He places his free hand against his chin and looks up at the ceiling thoughtfully. “Let’s see…if I win, you have to confess to me in front of the entire school.”

Your eyes go wide and you pull his hand away. “No way! This is totally unfair!”

“Stop being a baby. You agreed to let me come up the terms and prizes,” he points out with an amused expression.

“I take it back!” you whine, stomping your foot. “Making me confess in front of the whole school is cruel and unusual punishment!”

A strange glint comes into the other’s eyes and he pushes you back against the mirror, but less aggressively than before. “Are you afraid that you’ll fall for me, Song Minhi?” he breathes seductively. His breath smells minty as it hits your face in little bursts.

“N-no,” you stutter, avoiding his eyes. The lack of distance between the two of you has your hair standing on end and your heart thumping loudly. It’s pounding way too much for your liking and you shove the large boy away with both hands. “At least let me choose what happens for when I win, though.”

He groans and rubs the sore spot on his chest from where your hands hit him. “Fine.”

“If I win,” you begin slowly, glancing around the room as if something in there will give you an idea. You turn back to Kai and a smile slowly forms on your face as a thought forms in your head. “If I win, you have to confess to me in front of the entire school.”

Kai’s face pales and you laugh at his horrified expression. He has never confessed to anyone before in his life, and he wasn’t very confident in winning this bet in the first place. He shakes his hesitation away and gulps. “That’s not so bad-“

“And I get to reject you."

 

***

 

“I really ing hate you,” Kai hisses after a good three minutes of pacing around the room throwing a tantrum.

“Stop being a baby,” you sing-song, mimicking what he said to you earlier.

The other freezes and sends you and icy glare from the other side of the room. You flash him a mocking smile and giggle when his eye twitches. You start to feel confident that you might actually win this bet and that you’ll show everyone that their godly Kai isn’t greater than anyone. You’ll reduce him to a sobbing ball of embarrassment in front of the entire school.

“It’s a bet,” the other says confidently, nodding his head once.

You blink at him and a cold sweat breaks out on your palms as he saunters over to you, a cocky grin on his tanned face. He extends a hand and waits for you to shake it and make the bet official.

You stare at it for a moment and gulp visibly. “It’s a bet…”

As soon as your hand wraps around Kai’s he pulls you roughly forward and presses his lips firmly against your own. Your eyes practically bug out of your head and your heart hammers unbearably against your chest as your cheeks turn a deep shade of crimson.

Kai pulls away after what feels like forever and releases your hand. It hangs limply at your side as you stare open-mouthed at the gloating boy in front of you. He his lips, runs the pad of his thumb along his bottom lip, and says with a deadly smirk, “Let the games begin.”

You have your bag slung over your arm and are running out of the building before he can even blink.

 

 


 

OHMYGOD I'M A HORRIBLE PERSON.

I've kept you guys waiting for so long, and I'm really sorry about that. I promise to update this more often, especially now that summer vacation is only a month away *screams*

Hopefully you liked this long overdue update!

Please comment and upvote!

I update faster and more often when I get comments...hint, hint.

Before I end this author's note, please check out the Graphics Shop I run with my sister and request from us! We have some awesome designers c: Click here!

Annyeong~!