Four

Let's Bet on It

 

(A/N:) Unbetaed~

 

Oh my God…

You stare wide-eyed at the soiled spot on the ground and internally scream at yourself. This has to be the most embarrassing thing to ever happen to you. How could you do something so disgusting and, not to mention, rude?!

The boys are in utter chaos, but all you hear is a bunch of ringing and random crashing sounds. You don’t dare to move from your spot, let alone lift your eyes.

You will never live this down. Ever.

The ringing in your ears starts to fade and you can make out some exchanges in the commotion.

“Quick, someone get a towel!” A guy barks out in slightly broken Korean.

“Right!” Another voice responds quickly.

“Do we have a bucket or something?” Someone else asks frantically. A bunch of crashing sounds come from the direction of the kitchen.

“Are you kidding me?” Someone else shouts over the crashing. “There isn’t a clean dish in this place!”

“Well, if someone cleaned up after themselves once in a while, or didn’t eat for a small family, maybe we’d have some clean dishes,” the frantic boy snaps angrily.

“Yah, Byun Baekhyun, I know you don’t mean me, right?” Deep-voiced monster shouts from across the room.

By this point, with all the commotion and shouting, you’re about ready to make a run for it. You’re already embarrassed beyond belief, so why hang around any longer?

You blink a few times and shake your head, ignoring the nauseous feeling in your stomach, and begin to back towards the door. You still haven’t lifted your eyes from the ground. You’re too afraid of making eye contact with someone.

“I found a towel!” A voice shouts. 

The room explodes in cheers and hollers and, almost immediately, a stampede of footsteps charge towards you.

You’re a few feet away from the spot and glance up to see the crowd of boys bickering and fussing with the towel, no doubt trying to figure out how to go about cleaning up the mess.

With them all distracted, you decide now would be a better time than ever to get the hell out. You straighten up, whip around, and, without looking, charge full-speed-ahead towards the door.

Only, instead of grabbing onto a knob and darting out the open doorway, you ram right into the firm chest of one of the guys.

Your eyes go wide and your heart races in your chest. Crap, I got caught!

Slowly, you raise your head to see who it is that got in your way. Kai towers above you with a look of pure hatred on his face as he glares down at your deer-in-headlights expression.

“Going somewhere?” He grits his teeth and a dark eyebrow.

There’s no way you’re getting out of here.

*  *  *

You place the blue toothbrush gingerly on the sink and slowly exit the cramped bathroom. Cautiously, you remove the clothes pin from your nose and rub at the soreness.

The place is dead silent.

You in your bottom lip and tip-toe across the dance floor towards the archway. Luckily, the other side of the practice room is all windows, rather than a mirror, so no one can see your reflection as you awkwardly sneak along the wall.

Once you reach the large archway, you cautiously peek around the edge and out into the open area where the Exo members are gathered.

They’re all either sitting on the couches or sprawled on the floor.

Suddenly, a boy with adorable features and fluffy brown hair snaps his head upwards and stares directly at you. Your eyes nearly pop out of your head and you swear your heart freezes up.

Noticing the other’s stare, a few other members turn around to stare at the part of your face sticking out from the doorway.

You gulp when you meet Kai’s icy glare and shrink back a little. He might as well have daggers for eyes.

It starts to feel pretty awkward just staring at the boys from behind the wall. With a shaky breath and an internal ‘hwaiting!’, you step out into the large room and slowly walk over to the twelve staring boys.

Once you’re right in the middle of the room, you turn sharply towards all the boys and bow 90 degrees. “I’m so sorry, please forgive me! That was so rude of me!” You apologize loudly. “I-I was feeling rather sick today, so I really should have gone home, but Kai brought me here because we have to practice for a dance competition, so I’m really sorry!” So the last part wasn’t a total lie, but you can’t exactly tell them you threw up because their space is atrocious.

You lift your head slightly to see the reactions of the boys and your cheeks blush a bright, crimson red when you notice them all holding back laughter. The look on your face is clearly the last straw, and the majority of them break out in cackles and fits of knee-slapping and air-clawing.

You could die right here and now.

“I…can’t…breathe!” The deep-voiced monster wheezes, clutching his stomach. His face has turned a deep purple color.

You pout and wait patiently for their hysterics to die down.

“Okay, that’s enough now,” an extremely manly looking guy barks from the far end of one of the couches. You recognize his voice as the one who gave out the command to find a towel earlier. Korean must not be his native language, because he has a slight accent. “Shut up.”

The boys finally settle down, but proceed to sit there with dorky smiles on their faces. You pout and straighten up, hugging your arms tightly around yourself. You swear every inch of your skin is blushing.

“You don’t need to lie about it,” accent guy says. He stands up from the couch and gives you a small smile. “We know it was because our place grossed you out. That’s why we don’t usually have girls over here.” At that last part, he shoots Kai a lethal glare. You have to stifle a laugh.

“Yeah, this is no place for a girl,” fluffy-haired boy admits sheepishly. “It’s actually really embarrassing that it made you throw up.”

“But funny!” Deep-voiced monster chimes in.

“Shut up, Chanyeol,” accent guy snaps. Chanyeol rolls his eyes and leans back against the couch cushion. You have to admit, you like thinking of him as ‘deep-voiced monster’ better. “We’re really sorry about being such slobs.”

“Ah, no, no, don’t think like that!” You wave your hands about frantically to dismiss the other’s statement. “I shouldn’t even be here. We could have practiced at the school studio, but someone decided to come here.” You shoot Kai a hard look and can’t help the bit of acidity that seeps into your voice. It is partially – well, mostly – his fault, after all.

Chanyeol lets out a howling laugh and claps his hands like a seal. “Did that just come out of your mouth? I didn’t see that coming. Look at Kai’s face!”

At this, every head snaps toward Kai. He manages to keep his cool, but anyone can tell he’s clearly irritated with what you said. You smirk when he meets your eyes.

“Alright, alright,” a guy with red hair chuckles. “Let’s drop it for now. We should all introduce ourselves to…em…” he pauses and gives you an apologetic smile, adding, “I’m sorry, but what’s your name?”

“Song Minhi,” you answer, flashing your famous eye-smile. “I’m Jongin’s…” You’re cut off by a loud grunt. You glance in the direction of the noise and roll your eyes at the impatient look on your classmate’s face. It’s gonna take a while to get used to calling him by his new name. “I mean Kai’s classmate.”

“Nice to meet you, Minhi,” redhead smiles. “I’m Suho, co-leader of Exo.”

“I’m the other co-leader,” accent guy adds with a firm nod. “Kris.”

“I’m Chen,” says a boy with ashy hair and sharp cheekbones. You notice his prominent jawline and smile to yourself. Jihyun loves guys with strong jawlines.

“My name is Lay,” says the next boy. He sports a fluffy beanie and has really deep dimples.

“I’m Luhan!” Cheers a blonde-haired boy. You nearly faint at the sight of him. His smile practically lights up the room, and you can feel your heart pounding against your chest. He’s absolutely adorable.

The next boy, with dirty blonde hair and bored-looking eyes, seems somewhat familiar, but you can’t place him. “I’m Sehun,” he states with a slight lisp. Cute, you think to yourself and smile at the boy.

You look over to the other side of the room and don’t even glance at Kai. There’s no need for him to introduce himself, obviously. He just scoffs and gestures for the others to go on.

“I’m Baekhyun!” Cheers fluffy-haired boy. You recall his name as being the one Chanyeol called out earlier, and you remember his sassy comments. Can this cute, nice boy really be that snappy?

“You probably remember my name,” Chanyeol laughs, throwing and arm around Baekhyun’s shoulders and leaning the other on the cushion beside him to support his head. Baekhyun makes an irritated noise, but makes no effort to remove the much larger male’s arm from around his small shoulders.

You smile brightly and nod. “Chanyeol, right?”

He smiles this huge, toothy smile and nods feverishly at your correct response. You can’t help but giggle at his reaction. He reminds you of your little brother.

“I’m Xiumin,” greets a boy with adorable, puffy cheeks. He’s almost as cute as Luhan. Almost.

The next guy has a pair of humongous eyes that would probably scare a normal person, but you find them extremely cute.

“I’m D.O,” he says. His owl eyes crinkle into little half-moons as he smiles over at you.

The last member looks intimidating, what with his intense dark circles and dark hair, but he introduces himself with a lot of aegyo. “I’m Tao!”

You nod to yourself and give the group a quick once over. There are so many of them. It’s a good thing you have a knack for remembering names. Otherwise, you’d be screwed.

“Well, now that everyone’s been introduced,” Suho begins and rises from his position on the couch, “let’s start practice.”

“Minhi, you should watch!” Chanyeol shouts, bounding over to you before you even have time to blink.

You gaze up at him and have to will yourself not to comment on his extreme height. Odds are, if you comment on how tall any of them are, they will no doubt tease you for your short stature. That’s how it usually goes.

“Sure.” You beam up at him. Kai and you were going to use the place after Exo’s practice was finished, anyway.

“Woohoo!” He grabs onto your wrist and sprints toward the practice room, dragging you behind him. You nearly knock over a few of the members on your way there.

Chanyeol pulls you over to the far side of the room – the one with the windows – and points at a spot on the ground, next to an mp3 player port. He hands you his player and instructs you to put it on a certain track, which you do without arguing. You’re not even upset that he has you doing random things for them. You did kind of throw up on their floor.

Your cheeks begin to blush again, but you shake your head and focus on finding the right track.

Finally, after what seems like forever, you find the song. You plug the player into the port and lean back against the cement wall beneath the windows.

You jump when you look up and see all twelve boys staring at you. They all seem to be in pre-designated positions. They must want to show you some choreography they came up with.

You force yourself not to fangirl right in front of them. They are an extremely popular dance group, after all. But it’s not like you’ve never seen their dances. You have, and they’re always impeccable. However, to be able to see them practice makes you one of the luckiest girls alive.

The music starts and you feel your lips curl up into a huge smile. This is one of your favorite songs of all time.

TVXQ!’s ‘Mirotic’ blasts from the speakers hanging around the room, and you watch in awe as the Exo members move in perfect synchronization. They’re not dancing the original choreography, but instead dancing something completely new.

That’s to be expected of the powerful dance group Exo, though. They have their own style, so why should they mimic someone else’s choreography?

All of them are amazing dancers, but some are better than others, and you find that your eyes are subconsciously following Kai’s every move. He is, admittedly, the best dancer out of the twelve of them. His moves are fluid and in time with the music. It seems almost effortless the way his body moves with the music, as if he’s not even thinking about the choreography, but just letting his body do what feels right.

The song comes to an end and you shake your head frantically, breaking your stare away from Kai before he notices.

It’s too late, though. He felt your stare on him the entire time. He smirks when he notices you’re avoiding his eyes.

“So?” Chanyeol pants. “What’d you think?”

You meet the eyes of every member and a huge smile stretches across your face, your eyes twinkling. “You guys are amazing!” You stand up from the ground, too excited to keep still, and start mimicking some of the moves they performed. “That one move,” you begin, wiggling your hips to loosen up, “that went like this…” You proceed to glide across the floor and snap your arms into different positions, meanwhile rolling your torso like a wave. You finish the move and turn to face the boys with a huge grin. “It was so cool!”

The boys all stare at you, each wearing an expression of surprise and bemusement. They exchange impressed glances and turn back to you with devilish grins. All except for Kai, that is.

“Minhi, can you do that again?” Luhan asks sweetly, batting his eyelashes.

You tilt your head to the side and pout. “Do what? The move?”

The members nod simultaneously and you giggle at their cuteness.

“Okay,” you say. You perform the wave move once again and, this time, end it the way they did at the end of the song: with a fast spin and a very Michael Jackson-esque . You hope your movements didn’t look too awkward; you’re still wearing your school uniform.

“Daebak,” Chen gapes.

“Minhi, you’re really good at dancing!” Baekhyun exclaims, smiling brightly. “You should dance to something, too!”

You raise an eyebrow at them and shake your head. “I’m really not that good. Besides, don’t you guys need to practice?”

“Practice can wait!” Chanyeol shouts, pointing to the sky. “We want to see you dance!”

You laugh at his strange gesture and shake your head. To be honest, the thought of dancing alone in front of twelve boys is a little nerve-wrecking. “I don’t know,” you sigh.

“Just get it over with so we can practice,” Kai snaps suddenly. He leans against the mirrored wall and rolls his eyes at your annoyed expression.

“Fine,” you hiss at the brute. Your expression changes to an innocent smile when you look back to the rest of the members. “I’ll just get changed really fast, okay?” With that, you dart out of the room to grab your dance bag. You run back into the practice room and walk past the members until you reach the bathroom door at the other end of the room. You grab the clothes pin off the small table and stick it on your nose before entering.

“What song do you think she’ll dance to?” You hear Chanyeol ask the members.

You smile and shake your head when you hear some of the guesses the members have. They’re not even close. You only hope Chanyeol has the song you’re thinking of on his player.

“Oh, please,” Kai scoffs. “She’ll probably dance to the Pororo theme song, or something.”

What are you, five? You finish changing and glare hard at yourself in the mirror. You’ll show that stupid Kim Jongin – that’s right, he doesn’t deserve a nickname – that you’re not some baby. You can dance to intense music as well as he can.

After doing a small ‘hwaiting’ pose, you exit the bathroom. You stick the clothes pin back on the table and skip over to the mp3 port, hoping Chanyeol has the right song. You giggle when you find the song and smile smugly at the thought of totally catching the Exo members off guard.

“I bet it’s Roly Poly by T-Ara,” Baekhyun announces confidently.

You just shake your head and gesture for the members to move back so you have room to dance. They all retreat so that they’re backs are against the mirrored wall.

You tap your foot on the ground as the beat slowly builds and the song begins. The faces of the Exo members are priceless, but you barely notice. You’re way too into the music blasting from the speakers.

The song you chose is your absolute favorite intense track: No Joke by BlockB. You dance to this song whenever you need to relieve stress, or whenever you just feel like being intense with your dance moves.

You start out with a few popping movements, followed by some fancy footwork. You then do a series of body roles leading into a turn that you quickly turn into a jump.

From there, you start crumping and pounding the air with your arms. Your eyes are closed and you let yourself just feel the pulsing beat of the music. You don’t want to see the members’ reactions until the very end.

You plop onto the floor and perform some freezing and breaking moves that earn a few gasps from the Exo boys. You lean back, with your hands on the ground, and bring your legs back so that they’re above your head before swinging them forward and jumping up from the floor.

To finish out the song, you do a final spin into a jump and land in a cute pose, just to be funny. When you open your eyes, the Exo boys look like they’ve just had the shock of their life.

“Wow,” Baekhyun breathes. “I didn’t see that coming.”

“You’re amazing, Minhi!” Suho praises. For some reason, he sounds like a proud father when he says it. The thought makes you laugh; he does strike you as a fatherly figure.

“Kai, why didn’t you tell us she was so amazing?!” Chanyeol squawks, glaring playfully at the younger.

Kai rolls his eyes and pushes off the mirror. “Yeah, yeah, she’s good. Can we practice now?”

He stomps over to where you’re standing and spins you around, shoving you back towards the windows. He turns you back around and shoves your shoulders down so that you plop onto the floor. You glare up at him but stay put. They really should get some practice in; you’re starting to feel guilty for wasting so much of their time today.

“Daebak,” a few of them whisper as they get into position.

You smile at their bewilderment while Kai just huffs and shakes his head.

The embarrassment from earlier is as good as forgotten.

 


 

 

OMG I AM SO SORRY TO KEEP YOU WAITING! How could I have left you all hanging for a month? (there's not that many of you, but whatever)

I am sooooo sorry!

Hopefully this update was to your liking?

I hope?

Siiiigh. 

The reason for the title will be revealed in the next chapter, by the way~ c;

If you were wondering, Mirotic is not one of my favorite songs. I just chose it because of Exo's cover. But No Joke is definitely one of my favorites ^^ (Basically all BlockB songs lol)

Please comment, subscribe, upvote, and all that good stuff! I'll update as soon as I get the chance!

Annyeong~!