This Is a one shot!

Visual

 

The visual. That’s what he was supposed to be. But someone always outshined him.

Always.

When all six members sat down to be told their parts in in the band he was excited. Yongguk was the rapper and leader—of course. They told him he would be the visual; he smiled. Daehyun would be the lead vocal; Youngjae the main vocal. That’s when his smile slipped. Jongup would be the main dancer and Zelo would also be a dancer and rapper.

He didn’t’ have a main part, but he could live with being the visual.

That is until the actual shooting of the music video for Warrior, and Power, and No Mercy… etc…

Even in their interviews they mocked him for being the visual that stood in the back. They even said Daehyun was the true visual. Multiple times.

He couldn’t take it anymore…

Himchan didn’t know where his other members were at, and he honestly couldn’t care less. They were not in the dorm and that’s all that mattered to him. He locked himself in the bathroom with the shower running just in case the other members came home. They would just think he was in the shower.

He looked at himself in the mirror and didn’t like what he saw. His eyes were too small… front teeth to big. His hair was damaged from all of the dying, hair products, and heat it was put through every day. Below the makeup were dark circles that he couldn’t make go away; no matter how much he slept, or coffee he drank.

He picked up the black eyeliner and looked towards the shower. What would the point be? The water would wash away his pain. Instead of putting the eyeliner on his tiered eyelids he leaned forward and began writing on the mirror.

When he was done with his short message he jumped because of a swift and heavy knock on the door, “Himchan! We’re home!” The deep voice of his leader was heard behind the door.

“Oh—okay! I just got in. I’ll be out in a minute!” he lied.

He stepped into the shower fully clothed. The stylists would scold him for that. But he didn’t care. He closed the shower door and reached for the knife he put in there.

**

Daehyun felt like there was something wrong when he walked into the dorm. Himchan wasn’t in his usual place in the room playing on his janggu, or even creating some disastrous concoction in the kitchen.

“Hyung? Where’s Himchan-hyung?” He asked Yongguk, following him into the kitchen.

“He’s in the shower. He said he’d be out in a little bit—hey he made something for us to eat.” The leader said opening a pot on the stove.

The five gathered in the kitchen and began to eat the food Himchan had made. Daehyun thought it was good. But something was wrong.

Five minutes later he walked to the bathroom and put his ear to the door. He heard the water running but he didn’t hear Himchan’s voice singing one of their songs like he usually does. He knocked on the door and let out a soft “Himchan-hyung?”

He didn’t receive an answer so he knocked louder, “Hyung I have to go to the bathroom,” he lied trying to open the door. It was locked.

The only answer was the water hitting the floor of the shower.

His face paled, “Hyung!” he yelled, banging on the door.

Yongguk came out of their room, “what’s wrong Daehyun?”

“Yongguk-hyung, Himchan-hyung isn’t answering me.” Daehyun stated while still hitting the door with his balled fists.

Yongguk walked up to the door, “Himchan, open up!”

Again, the only answer was the water hitting the floor of the shower.

“Himchan!” Yongguk and Daehyun yelled. One in anger; the other in worry.

Himchan didn’t answer.

Yongguk started to push his body on the door; beginning to get genuinely worried for the visual.

Daehyun stepped away from the door while his hyung pushed on the door. Yongguk had no luck. He pushed harder and harder but the door didn’t budge.

Yongguk ran to the closet and pulled out a small hunting axe while Daehyun began to pound on the door again. By now the other, younger members were watching them in the hallway quietly.

Yongguk ran back to the door and swung the axe into the door by the door handle, “Himchan if you’re playing with us you are paying for this door!”

He made an opening for his hand and unlocked the door. Daehyun beat him into the small room and screamed. Yongguk’s eyes widened in fear. He turned to the younger ones and Youngjae knew what that look was. He dragged the two youngest members into their room and closed the door.

Yongguk pulled out his phone and immediately called the police. Daehyun pulled Himchan’s body out of the shower. He was in tears. Blood was running out of Himchan’s body and down the drain.

Daehyun grabbed Himchan’s wrists and applied pressure; hoping he wasn’t too late.

He let out another agonizing scream and hugged his hyung, “Himchan please, wake up.” He shook his hyung, but Himchan wasn’t responding. His eyes were rolled to the back of his head. Daehyun wailed more and shook Himchan.

Yongguk came into the bathroom and pulled Himchan’s body away from Daehyun. Daehyun tried to reach for him but Yongguk took Himchan and the first aid kit from the bathroom to the living room.  He laid Himchan’s body on the sofa, and saw that he was still bleeding. He wrapped the deep cuts with gauze and looked for a pulse in the younger’s neck. It was weak.

“Himchan what did you do?” the elder boy asked quietly. Youngjae had come out of the room and was holding Daehyun on his feet and the younger boys were watching from the hallway. They ignored Youngjae’s warning and were regretting it, seeing Himchan’s body wet on the couch.

Daehyun let out an anguished cry and Yongguk turned to him, “He’s not dead. The ambulance is on its way.”

Daehyun let out another cry and ran to his hyungs. He hugged Himchan again, “Please don’t die.” He whispered into Himchan’s chest.

The eyeliner on the mirror read, “I’ll be the visual in the next life. Daehyun, you be the visual.” And it nearly killed Daehyun.