Chapter 3

The Man of Her Dreams

 

"Yah! So Young! Why didn't you wake me up yesterday?" His obnoxious voice was the first thing she heard when she opened her eyes the next morning. Kai (her best friend and practically her brother) was half-, rummaging through her drawers noisily.
 
"Aish, shut up!" she muttered, "It was your fault for falling asleep on my couch instead of going back to your own apartment like a normal person! What are you doing in my room this early anyways?"
 
"I can't find a clean shirt! Probably because they're all in your drawers. Somehow."
 
"Just find your shirt and go away. You owe me breakfast."
 
"Fine, fine. See you in the kitchen, sleepyhead." Kai said, pulling on a t-shirt and closing the door behind him. So Young sighed and yanked herself out of bed to get ready for another day.
 
------------
 
So Young padded into the kitchen to find Kai with his back turned to her, making her breakfast as promised. 
 
"Aren't you going to eat?" she asked as he placed the plate in front of her.
 
"Nope, already ate at my place," he answered. "Hey, I was wondering if you'd like to come have lunch with me next Saturday. I'm bringing friends." he glanced at her hopefully. 
 
Normally, her answer would have been a "no, thanks" along with an "I'm too busy", but Min Hee's words kept echoing in her head. Maybe she really should try and go out more. Besides, her projects could wait. 
 
"Alright. I'm in." she said, stuffing a spoonful of rice into . 
 
"What? Really?" Kai was surprised, but quickly went back to being nonchalant. "Okay then. Oh, let's go now, we're late!" (A/N: as usual...) 
 
-----------
 
Back in art history again, So Young fiddled with her desk, bored to death. Suddenly, her hands felt a piece of paper tucked into the underside of the desk. She pulled it out and opened it, curious. 
 
"Hello, my name is Baekhyun." she read aloud, raising her eyebrows. "Okay... random." But she pulled out another piece of paper regardless, and started to write a reply.
 
"I'm So Young. Why are you writing notes and sticking them under the desk? And what class are you from?" she wrote, folding the note up and tucking it into the corner. So Young had no idea who this Baekhyun was or why he had left a note, but it actually was a pretty exciting idea, exchanging notes with an anonymous classmate. She smiled in satisfaction, looking back up at the professor and trying her best to pay attention.
 
--------------------
 
"Crap, I'm going to miss my bus." So Young muttered, glancing at the clock. She was at the cafe, just at the end of her shift.
 
"You better go, if you want to catch it. I'l finish up here." Lay offered.
 
"Really? Thanks so much! I owe you!" 
 
"No problem. Almost done anyways." 
 
"Okay, bye!" So Young was already halfway out the door, scrambling to get her coat on. 
 
"Bye." Lay chuckled. "Boy, that girl is always running late." he murmured to himself, glancing at your figure outside the cafe window and smiling.
 
So young dashed to the bus stop, rushing past surprised passerby. As she turned a corner, she collided into something- or rather, someone. 
 
"Ouch." She sat up, rubbing her head, and then realized that another person was on the ground as well. "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" she apologized. The man looked up, and So Young's eyes widened. It was a cute guy with huge, anime-like eyes and dark blond hair. He shot a contagious smile at her, pulling himself off the ground.
 
"Don't worry about it, I wasn't really looking where I was going either. I should be sorry."
 
So Young opened to argue, but she was cut off by him. 
 
"Aish," he said, glancing up in alarm. "They've found me." 
 
So Young turned around to see a swarm of girls, some whom she faintly recognized from her school, advancing towards them, squealing in happiness. She barely had time to process this strange sight before she was pulled away by the guy, who mouthed to her, "RUN!"