Drunken Pain

Jaejoong the

"Yunho, tell me about your parents." Sejong took a bite of the kimchi in front of him, smiling at how well it tasted. He would need to ask Yunho if he could borrow his chefs for a while.

"My mother is still here," he said, nodding in her direction. "My father died in battle. He was a great man with a strong heart. I want to be as memorable and great as him some day."

"What was his biggest victory?"

Yunho had to think about it for a minute, but then smiled when he remembered the day he came home from the Great War. "When I was little, my mother sang to me every night my father could not come home. It was often I fell asleep in her arms, but whenever my father came back, she did was not as affectionate. I never understood why until the war with Japan. It took him five years to defeat the Japanese forces, but the moment he returned, he was the one to stay in my room and tell me stories of the battles he had. I was already growing into a man, but I appreciated his care for me."

Ara kept eating, but when her father let out a stern grunt in her direction, she looked up and smiled sweetly. "That was a lovely story."

The king tried not to laugh at her uninterested tone. Her father didn't notice so she must have been happy when she was allowed to go back to eating. King Sejong rolled his eyes and kept the conversation going with Yunho.

In the kitchen, Yifan and Kyungsoo were talking quietly while they took their break.

"Where is the queen?" Kyungsoo mumbled, tapping his foot nervously.

"I have not heard anything about his location." Yifan shrugged, not too worried about it. He trusted Jaejoong to be well-behaved.

"I do not think he will be coming back here, but if he does, it feels like it will be hell. He probably does not want to see His Majesty any time soon."

Yifan chuckled and ruffled Kyungsoo's hair. "You are a very caring person, Kyungsoo."

The younger smiled, relieved he had gotten something kind to come out of the icy chef.

"Shut up."

Both Yifan and Kyungsoo turned their heads in the direction the rude demand came from. They spotted Jongin. He was back from his sissy fit about how one of the servants was talking about Kyungsoo. He wasn't feeling completely better, but he at least made eye contact now. "Do not speak of anyone behind their back."

Kyungsoo was the first to react. A deep red blush crept up his neck when he looked at Jongin so he had to stare at the wall behind him. He bowed and said, "I-I am sorry, Jongin-sshi. Please forgive me." They weren't on a friendly basis since no one really was with the quiet meat slicer, but they could speak a few words to each other when they both felt like it. It made Kyungsoo happy when they did. He came back up and turned to leave but bumped into Zitao. "Sorry!" the smaller apologized, his head down. He dashed out of the kitchen, leaving Yifan, Zitao, and Jongin to wonder what the hell got into him.

Kyungsoo sighed with relief when he was outside of the kitchen. Unfortunately, he'd gone out the wrong door. He wasn't aware of his mistake until someone cleared his throat next to him. It was the handsome Jang Geun Suk. The man smiled at the people around the dining table and held his arms out in a 'welcome' gesture. "Please applaud your mystery chef for the night. He has worked hard these past days to prepare a full-blown meal for so many people. Well done!" Geun Suk was the first one to clap for Kyungsoo and smiled down at him, secretly winking. The small gesture made Kyungsoo blush.

The only one not clapping was King Sejong. He was hardly ever impressed with such displays. He remembered the one time he actually clapped for someone, and it wasn't worth it in the end. He learned from the experience, something he tried teaching his daughter to do whenever the opportunity jumped in front of her face.

As Kyungsoo slipped away, he passed someone that stumbled into Geun Suk. A light giggle past the stumblers lips, causing Geun Suk to smile down at him. "Do you feel better?"

Jaejoong nodded happily and used Geun Suk for support. He got him into this state and now he was going to stay by him. Well, that's at least what Jaejoong thought should happen. As he wobbled toward the table, Sejong got the first glimpse of him. The drunkard wiggled his fingers cutely before hurriedly sitting on Yunho's lap. "Hello," he announced loudly in Yunho's face, blowing his terrible breath on his lips. "How is your supper going?"

Yunho turned red in the face in a record of three seconds. He shoved Jaejoong off him--careful not to knock him down--and stood quickly. "It was wonderful until you interrupted. Where did you get the gin?"

Jaejoong shrugged his shoulders and shook his head, but his eyes gave way to Geun Suk's figure in the shadows. Only a few noticed the prince standing there, and one of them was Ara. She tried not to giggle, but she couldn't help it. Her father gave her a stern look as she lowered her head again. She knew the routine: be a good girl and hide emotion. Every good queen rules a nation without feeling.

It was Sejong's turn to stand up and face Jaejoong. He held his hands behind his back, jutting his chest out to signify how important he was. "Young lady, you never answered my question from earlier. Do you know who I am?" He stared down Jaejoong, but the 'lady' seemed to stare back blankly.

"Who are you calling a lady?" he blurted out, putting his hands on his hips. Yunho watched in horror as Jaejoong's mouth opened again. He thought he was going to reveal their secret, but he didn't. Instead, he said, "I am a woman!" The statement made Yunho smile and chuckle nervously. He ushered Jaejoong away with a small "Go to bed." Unfortunately, when he put his hands on Jaejoong's arms, Jaejoong held back, smirking. "I am a woman because Yunho and I have slept together! Oh, that's right, Ara, little Miss Princess. He is not as pure as you thought!" He giggle maniacally, leaving Yunho's grip and everyone's sight so they paid attention to the paralyzed Yunho.

Sejong's jaw went slack as he stared at the prince. Never in a million years would he imagine Yunho sleeping with someone before they married. The thought made something go off in his mind. "You are wedded!" he yelled, pointing an accusatory finger at Yunho. "You have been married to that woman this whole time and never told any of us!"

The king's eyes shut tightly as he mentally cursed himself. Jaejoong would have to be punished later for what he did, but Geun Suk would be joining him for getting him drunk in the first place. Composing himself, Yunho turned around with a calm stature. "No, I am not married. That ma- woman is drunk and crazy at the moment. She does not know what she is speaking of. Shall we finish our supper so we can get to the main event?"

~~~~~~~~~~

Yoochun and Junsu sat inside of their room side-by-side with tea cups in their hands. They were half- and laughing with each other, sharing a few kisses here and there. Having been together since before Yunho, they convinced him to let them share a room. Just as Yoochun was feeling in the mood, a knock came to their door. "What?" he asked sharply, hovering above a red-faced Junsu.

A few sniffles and a sob came from the other side before a quiet murmur. Neither of the lovers could hear it, so Yoochun grumbled as he slid on a robe and opened the door. "What is--?" He went blank at the sight of a red-eyed, puffy-cheeked Jaejoong. "My queen." He let the beauty in immediately, bowing as he walked by. He immediately fixed his clothing and helped Junsu with his, sitting in front of Jaejoong respectfully. Junsu on the other hand was by his side, an arm around the crying man's shoulders.

"Why are you crying?" Junsu asked softly as Jaejoong put his head down on his friend's shoulder.

The queen sniffled and coughed a couple of times. "Y-Yunho," he mumbled before breaking into another fit of sobs. It took him a few minutes to get back to normal. "Yunho embarrassed me in front of everyone."

Junsu looked up and at Yoochun. They'd made a mistake to let him out to go to the kitchen. "How did he do that?"

Jaejoong shook his head. "I don't want to tell."

Yoochun was the first to notice the slur in Jaejoong's words. He pointed it out by sighing, "He met Geun Suk." He knew because he'd known Geun Suk since the first day he got to the palace. He was a proud man with a loud mouth and a very snappy attitude on a bad day. He was a jokester, but a very good friend. He always knew how to make people feel better even when they refuse help.

Jaejoong nodded almost immediately. His lip trembled as he whispered, "He called me a beautiful lady."

Junsu's eyebrows shot up. "Why did he do that? Does he not know you are a man?"

"Yunho has not told him yet."

Yoochun made the face of makes sense before scooting closer to Junsu and Jaejoong. "Maybe we can find some free servants that will attend to your every need."

The beautiful queen looked up sadly. "Not every need." He answered before either of the lovers could ask, but something was different in his eyes as he said, "I need Yunho and a bed. That is all I want." He giggled and pulled back from Junsu so he could flop down on the mess of Yoochun and Junsu's sheets. He pulled them close to his body as if he could hugging Yunho. He closed his eyes, and before either of the main advisors could stop him, Jaejoong yelled, "Take me, Yunho!"

Junsu immediately threw his hand over Jaejoong's mouth with a giggle. "I bet he will want to take you if he finds you underneath the sheets in his chamber. I shall walk you there, Jaejoong. Come." He stood with an unsteady queen, an arm around his waist. While they walked down the hall, they received many strange looks, but Junsu couldn't care less. He was taking care of his friend and that was all that mattered. When he got to Yunho and Jaejoong's room, he helped him lay in the sheets and get comfortable. Almost immediately, Jaejoong fell asleep, allowing Junsu to leave and get back to Yoochun. He never expected to find such a wonderful sight waiting for him.