Royal Proclamations [EDITS DONE]

Jaejoong the

"Hoorah!" the crowd cheered, raising their hands in festivities.

The two men on the floor danced happily, clapping and spinning in circles, arousing the crowd. It was their job as the jesters, and they had to jest to keep the king entertained. If they did not do what they were told, then they knew what was to come their way--death.

"The king so fine, m'lady, how divine! In this country of Korea!" the two sang, ending up in a bow in front of the king. Even though he had no queen, his mother was beside him, looking lifeless. The king had to match the scowl in order to show his authority, but all he wanted to do was prance around and be silly again like he once was when his father was king. Sadly, his duty called for a serious aura, and he changed to it to please his honorable father.

Soon the show ended and the crowd from the palace dispersed, going to their respectful quarters. The king stayed where he was while his mother went ahead, sighing.

"Your Majesty, what's the matter?" one of the advisors asked him, also one of his closest friends.

The king looked up. "Ah, nothing, Junsu. Just a lot on my mind."

Junsu looked over at his best friend and partner in life, Yoochun, for directions to lead the king. He spoke up himself. "Your Majesty, secluding your feelings from humanity can break one's barrier if not careful. Please, share your thoughts with us."

The king looked up at Yoochun with a small smile. "Are you really going keep using that title for me?"

Yoochun chuckled. "I'm sorry, Yunho. I guess I just have to get used to it around everybody so they don't suspect anything."

Yunho shrugged. "I do not care anymore. Because we are friends and in different ranks in the kingdom does not mean we cannot have a friendship. They either accept it and live or they don't and I will behead them myself."

Junsu giggled over on the side, causing the two bickering friends to turn his way with a "What's so funny?" look plastered on their faces. Junsu only shrugged. "Everyone thinks you're so kind and friendly to everyone, but here you are, talking like this about them so crudely. Your supervisors would be surprised if they heard you just now."

Again, Yunho shrugged without a care in the world. "They will learn to deal with it." With that, he looked over to his right, the spot where a queen would sit. He had to find one quickly, or else he'd be delayed in having the children he wanted.

Yoochun noticed the worry in his friend's eyes. "Is something else the matter, Yunho?"

"H-huh?" the said man spoke, looking up. "Oh... It's nothing. I'll find one sooner or later."

"You want a queen, right?" Junsu bluntly stated, knowing exactly what the king was thinking.

Sighing, he lowered his head in shame. "I don't know why I keep wanting one here, but I do. I imagine her as a beautiful maiden with a strong heart and a beautiful voice. Jet black hair, wide eyes full of wisdom, and a voice that could soothe and tame even the most ferocious of dragons..." He ended his sentence with a dreamy sigh, imagining how beautiful his wife would be when he found her.

"Oh, my my my..." Yoochun spoke up, laughing softly. "Our king is really lovesick, isn't he, Su?" he said, looking over at Junsu.

"Ah, yes, he is," the said man giggled, covering his mouth a little. "What shall we do about it?"

Just then, an idea popped into Yunho's mind. He jumped up in his spot with an excited grin on his face. "I know! You two can search for my unknown love! Hurry! I need to be making my sons and daughters as soon as possible!" He waved them off, not realizing how flushed they had become with his statement, and, without any preparation, left the palace immediately, embarking on a 500-mile journey across Korea to find their king his future queen.

~~~~~~~~~~

Two weeks later, back in the confines of the palace, Yunho sat in his large bedroom with a piece of papyrus sprawled out in front of him, an ink brush in-hand, ready to design the room of his soon-to-be bride. He would give her luxury after luxury, happy day after happy day, pleasure after pleasure. He would go to the ends of the earth to please her, and that's just what he was doing.

With the swipe of his brush across the middle of the paper, he painted a delicate vase with beautiful flowers in it, a table made of ebony holding it in the air. Next, his hand skillfully outlined a bed only made for a queen--his queen--with lace flowing from the carved wood that would hold it up. His excitement grew by the second, and as he created more and more delicacies for his lady, he admired the work with great respect. Once he finished, he held it up in front of him, proud of what he had created. This would be the layout for her room.

Outside, the rest of the palace was bustling with work, trying to follow the king's requests and create a welcoming ceremony for their soon-to-arrive guest. Surely the king's closest advisors were already on their way back with the future queen. They had to hurry and finish.

"Is my queen here yet?!" Yunho bellowed from the hall, speeding down it to check up on the main garden for the thousandth time that day.

The advisors worked faster at the sound of their king. He would probably get mad at the slow progress they've made since they started and scold them, threatening to behead them. To their surprised, when Yunho appeared and looked around the garden, he nodded in approval. "Well done, fellows. Only a bit more and you will be finished!" He clapped his hands merrily, going on his way to his previous destination.

He burst into the craftsmen room with a bright smile on his face. "My friends, I have a favor to ask of you."

All of the workers got down on their knees, placing their hands in front of them flat on the ground, showing their respect for their king. The director of crafts spoke up. "What would Your Majesty like us to do for him?"

"Please, get up off the floor," Yunho said, still smiling. "I would like for you to use the guest room across from mine and turn it into the Queen's Quarters. Make it as elegant as you can, and try to finish by the time she gets here."

"Y-Your Majesty," one of them said, not seeing how they would be able to finish in just a mere few hours. Fortunately, before Yunho could hear him, another one of the craftsmen came up behind and wrapped his hand around the short man's neck, covering his hand with his mouth. He bowed at the king. "We will try our absolute best to please our future queen, Your Majesty."

"Good man," Yunho praised, walking out the door and heading to the kitchen. He could hear the craftsmen bicker, chuckling. He mumbled, amusing even himself, "What a foolish bunch they are."

Soon, the whole palace was decorated beautifully with bursts of yellow and red, blue streams flowing around here and there. Yunho was satisfied with the result, and the craftsmen were nearly finished with their job. He knew they could do it.

Somebody came running into the palace. He had a worried expression on his face as he dashed down the corridor, looking everywhere for the king. "Your Majesty!" he called out. "We are back, Your Majesty!"

Yunho, observing the Queen's Quarters, heard the voice, and a goofy grin grew on his face. "My queen is here, right?" he said, walking out to catch Junsu right where he was.

The young man was panting loudly, wiped out from the run. He bent over and put his hands on his knees, trying to catch his breath before speaking. "Your Majesty... we found you a queen... but--oh my goodness, I am never doing that again--but 'she' isn't exactly the way you probably imagined..."

Yunho raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean, Junsu? I'm sure she is perfect." He smiled and helped his advisor and friend up. Suddenly, another voice came booming through the hallway.

"YOUR MAJESTY!"

Yunho chuckled, replying, "Bring me my queen, Yoochun-ah!"

"But Your Majesty," Junsu said, speaking against Yunho. "I have to warn you that she is not--"

"Oh, nonsense, Junsu. I am sure she is fine."

"B-but she is not a--"

Just then, Junsu closed his mouth. Yoochun had appeared with a small figure behind him. Yunho peered over his friend's shoulder to see jet black hair, exactly what he had imagined. An approving smile graced his face as he walked forward, greeting his friend, Yoochun bowed slightly. "Your Majesty."

Yunho placed a hand on his friend's shoulder, squeezing it. "Thank you, Yoochun-ah. You are a great friend."

Yoochun looked up at Yunho carefully. "Before you see... this person, I would like you to know that having children may be a problem..."

Again, Yunho's eyebrows raised. "What do you mean?"

Moving out of the way so Yunho could see the person Yoochun had found to fit to his friend's taste, he spoke softly, "Your queen is a male, Your Majesty."