Goodbye.

Up to Here.

"Oppa~ Get up~" He could hear your faint whisper surrounding his ears. A small, sweet smile crept onto his face as he tried to replay the whispers in his head.

 

"Oppa..If you don't get up, I'm going to leave without you." Your faint whining turned into a threat in an instant. Snapping his eyes open, Jiyoung sat up in his bed scanning his cold empty room. No one is here..Aish. I'm going crazy. With a frustrated grunt, he got out of bed and  got ready for his everyday, boring job at the office. It's not like he didn't like the office, it was just filled with memories he didn't want to keep reliving. It was the place where random memories that were painful would show up.

 

"Good lord. Jiyoung, you are one mighty fine beast aren't you?" He cooed to himself in the mirror before putting on his jacket. He took one good look at himself and nodded in satisfaction and headed for the door. Without eating breakfast, Jiyoung moved past the kitchen and saw a figure cooking. 

 

"Oppa, you're not eating breakfast?" He saw you holding up a frying pan with sizzling bacon. You smiled at him with her bright beautiful smile, and her eyes filled with life and hope. Blinking, Jiyoung closed his eyes for a few seconds before opening them again. To his utter dismay, the figure was gone, and so was your eyes filled with life and hope.

~~~~~

"GD, baby. I missed you~!" One of his male co-workers tackled him into a hug. 

 

"Seungri, not now. Plus, I hate it when you call me baby. It's gross." Jiyoung shivered as he pushed past his overly touchy co-worker, and moved to his desk in the office. Jiyoung works in the famous Big Bang enterprises that handles everything from small selling houses, or even having to make a cake for a bachlorette party. They were an all round comapany that were plain crazy.

 

"Well excuse me for trying to show my affection and love towards one of my brothers." Seunhyun walked to his desk that was right in front of Jiyoungs. 

 

"No need to tell me I'm gross." He added before playing with his never solved rubix cube. Shaking his head and sighing Jjiyoung shuffled through his the papers on his desk that were due in a week. I'm never going to finish these.. He thought to himself before being hit by a familiar memory.

 

"I can't finish these! I'm going to get fired..." He ruffled his hair in frustration, and slammed the papers onto his desk. Not knowing what to do, he rubbed his temples and did a few breathing excercises.

 

"You shouldn't overwork yourself." A pair of arms wrapped around his shoulders making him look up. Smiling at the figure, Jiyoung pulled on your waist making you sit on his lap. 

 

"I know, but you know why I'm doing this right?" He said as he put his cheek on your head, rocking the both of you at a slow pace. There was a small slience between them, where you could only hear his steady breathing, and your small giggles.

 

"Of course. For our future right?" You smiled at him, giving a small kiss on the tip of his nose. 

 

"Yes. Our future." He repeated and hugged you tightly and never wanting to let go. 

 

A flick to the forehead took Jiyoung back to reality. Rubbing his forehead, he looked up to see the owner of the comapany's son was smirking at him. Rolling his eyes, Jiyoung held out a five dollar bill towards him.

 

"That was infair." Jiyoung stated as he watched Seunghyun or what now people called him in the office, TOP, shoving the five dollar bill in his pocket before heading to his desk in the opposite corner of his.

 

"It was bet of a lifetime. You owe me five dollars everytime I can flick you on the forehead. Simple." TOP shrugged, putting his feet on the desk. Nodding, you took a long deep breath and scanned the papers in front of you again. Determined that he'll have these papers done by the end of the day, he cracked his fingers and got ready to do some actual work.

 

Almost putting his pencil on the paper, it was snatched under him and pushed into a cabinet near his feet. Furrowing his brows together Jiyoung looked up to see two smiling faces high fiving each other. Dropping his pencil on the desk, and groaning in irritation, Jiyoung leaned in his chair and waited for the daily news that always came from the two office gossipers.

 

"You guys, guess what!" Daesung squealed like a school girl, shaking Seungri in the process. Swatting his hand away, Seungri motioned the both of them to go on.

 

"To put it in a simple way, we were invited to a party. Want to go?" Taeyang smiled as he sat on his desk, and munched on an apple. There was a long silence afterwards before TOP spoke.

 

"Sure why not. We haven't been to a party in while." He shurgged like he didn't care, but everyone knew that he was a secret party animal that couldn't wait to get loose and get it on. Soon the whole section of their office side was agreeing except for Jiyoung. 

 

"Are you coming or-" Daesung stopped in mid-sentence after realizing what he just asked him. With a sheepish smile, Daesung shuffled his way to his desk, awkwardly moving papers around.

 

"I've got some things I need to get and a certain place to go.." Jiyoung looked at the four of them and smiled. Nodding and saying nothing else the group went on with work. Soon enough, Jiyoung smiled happily as he stacked the finished papers that were due in a week, into a nice pile and stapled them. 

 

His happiness was short lived when he knew where he was going next. Shutting off the lights in the office, Jiyoung headed for the nearest flowershop and got the prettiest arrangment he could find. He then went to the gas station to pick up a certain kind of sushi that he knew one person would actually enjoy with him. Smiling at the things he bought, he went into his car and headed to his final destination, before heading home.

 

Parking in front of the hospital, he shakily grabbed the flowers and sushi and headed from the entrance. It was only about 7:30pm, so he had enough time to visit. Stepping onto the elevator he quietly pressed the button to where he needed to go. As the floors went up, it stopped to pick up another group of people. 

 

A little girl with pink flowers in her hair, stepped into the elevator and pressed a button. She humming a small tune that made Jiyoung smile as another memory flashed through his mind.

 

Humming a small tune, Jiyoung danced around the house, cleaning. It wasn't his job to clean, but he didn't have work, and he was really bored. So why not try cleaning for once? 

 

"I LOVE YOU, BABY I'M NOT A MONSTER!~" He sang, pouring all of his emotions into the lyrics. Hearing a familiar giggled, he turned around and was surprised to see you covering your mouth trying not to laugh. 

 

"Of course you're not a monster. And if you were, I'd still love you~" You cooed as Jiyoung dropped his broom and hugged you. Even though he was embarrassed that you caught him cleaning, and singing like a loner, he was happy that you were home to keep him comapany.

 

"Same goes for me." He whispered in your ear before pulling you in for a kiss.

 

The elevator stopped on the floor he wanted. He stepped out, and walked through the hallways that he remembered by heart. Looking at all the doors with clipboards next to them, Jiyoung felt weird walking past them. At any given time the person inside that certain room could be dead, or almost dead.

 

Stopping at the room he knew that you were in, he softly knocked, and stepped in. Seeing all the machines strapped onto you, broke his heart. He slowly crept next to you, and sat down in the chair that was always there when he came to visit. He gently put the flowers and sushi down, and held your hand.

 

"O-oppa?" You croaked, looking at Jiyoung through your long eyelashes. Jiyoung smiled and nodded. He gently brushed the remaining pieces of hair from your face. Smiling at his warm touch, you turned to look at him. Same as ever. Smiling on the outside, but stressed and miserable in the inside. You chuckled a bit, hoping it wouldn't hurt this time.

 

"I g-got you flowers and the s-sushi you a-always l-love.." Jiyoung looked down not wanting to look at your pale, and almost lifeless body. He reached down and handed you the flowers and sushi, hoping you would like them. Without saying anything you stared at the small gifts in front of you, tears threating to leak out. 

 

A silence fell through the room, only the beeping of the machines attached to you were making sounds. You smiled and turned to Jiyoung, mouthing a simple 'thank you'. He nodded and held onto your hand tightly.

 

"H-how..are you feeling?" You could feel his hands shaking. You moved the flowers and sushi to the side and patted his hand soothingly. 

 

"The..chemo is doing fine.." You lied. The chemo wasn't going well. The doctors even came in telling you that you only had a few days to live.

 

"You're lying to me." Jiyoung finally stared at you. The life and hope in your eyes still haven't left, but he knew, soon they would be gone. Gone forever.

 

"Jiyoung.." You tired laughing, but couldn't. The both of you knew that this would probably be the last time you'd see each other alive. You looked up at the ceiling and frowned.

 

"Jiyoung..I'm so scared..I'm scared of dying. I'm so scared.." You finally broke down into sobs putting the back of your hand on your face, not wanting him to see you like this. 

 

"I'm scared to you know...W-we planned on h-having k-kids remember? We're s-suppose to stay t-together for eternity r-right?" Now it was his turn to start crying. Just the sound of the broken promises you made to each other, and the sound of his crying, were enough for you to just break down even more.

 

"I'm so sorry..I can't make those promises come true..I'm so sorry.." You cried harder, feeling the sharp pain in your chest. Oh dear god..no..Not now..Please. Not now.

 

"Y-yah..Are you okay? Oh g-god..NURSE! NURSE!" Jiyoung ran through the hospital like a madman trying to find the nearest doctor or nurse he could. Dragging a doctor to your room, he heard nothing but the loud horrible sound of the heart monitor go flat. Stopping in his tracks, he saw nurses push past him, with equipment. Everything was in slow motion. All he saw was the nurses trying to revive you, but in the short minutes, they stopped and came towards you with a sadden look on their faces.

 

"N-no..No..N0! GET A-AWAY!" He screamed falling to the floor, shutting his eyes, and ears trying to block out the voices.  This can't be reality. It just can't. You're alive. I know you are. 

 

The doctors and nurses nodded, as they left Jiyoung and your lifeless body together for a moment. Closing the door behind them, Jiyoung stood up, and slowly went to you. Your eyes were closed and your small soft breathing was gone. Your chest wasn't rising and falling like it should be, it was stuck at not moving. 

 

"B-babe..Please..Don't d-do a joke like this..G-get up." He smiled as the tears came back. He gently grabbed your shoulders and shook you telling you to wake up. 

 

"W-wake up babe..You need to w-wake up. Our f-future kids need their mommy..I n-need you." He smiled once again, shaking your shoulders harder this time, as if you'd magically wake up again by the hard shaking.

 

"Please..DON'T LEAVE ME!!" He screamed at the top of his lungs, before hugging your body and sobbing. He rocked the both of you in a slow rythmatic motion as he sniffled.

 

"I l-love y-you..baby I'm n-not a monster.." He whispered one last time before planting a small kiss on your forehead, and gently placing your body back down on the bed. 

 

"For us, it probably isn't eternity, but only till here." Jiyoung whispered before, heading out the door of the hospital and never looking back. 

 


There you have it~ I hope it wasn't too boring. I probably don't have a chance in winning, but hey. I had fun making a story for a competition, and that's what matters to me. ^^ I tried making it sad and all, but I think I failed. I would've done something fluffy because that's my expertise, but I wanted to try something new. Hope you guys liked it~ Good luck to the future winners!~