Getting to know each other (Part 4)

Journey with Kiyoto Makimura

 

Kisses and heavy breath filled the car on the way back to Kiyoto’s bar. Kathleen tried hard to ignore the lovel dovey couple at the back and sometimes startled a bit when either of them unintentionally kicked her seat. ‘Oh dear God…’ she patted her pounded chest. Couldn’t they do it later?! PRIVATE?! Her face went red and Kiyoto’s word snapped her back.

“Lee, I told you before. If you have in my car you’re going to buy me a new one.”

Her eyes widened and turned into Kiyoto’s direction. ‘I wonder if Lee had done it in his car before…’ she couldn’t imagine it- no, she didn’t want to. Kiyoto turned at her, apologetically. “Sorry, sometimes he totally forgets about other people around.” he said.

“I-it’s alright…” just as Kathleen said this, the girl moaned loudly. Kiyoto face palmed himself and she got even redder.

She heaved a great sigh when they finally arrived and got out at once. Kiyoto led everyone to the front door. But soon as they got in, a dark-skinned girl ran up to him and grabbed his collar. “You! Are you damn insane? Why is your phone off? I was trying to reach you all day!” 

Kiyoto was taken aback but a grin never leave his face, “Whoa! Calm down, beautiful, what’s wrong?”

It seemed a sudden work-call had coming up. She could tell from their conversation earlier. Apparently there was a huge reservation tonight and they need the presence of their bartender as well. Kathleen tilted her head. ‘Guess it is hard to keep both work and school altogether…’ She noticed Kiyoto’s trouble face as he massaged his temple.

Kiyoto turned to them and offered to sit at the counter. Their eyes met. “Hey…maybe we can drink next time together, Miss..but if it’s okay with you, then just stay here and maybe I’ll have the one or another minute free to talk to you?” he said.

‘He must be tired…’

She walked up to him and asked, “Do you mind if I help…?” Kiyoto raised his one eyebrow. “I know I’m not good at mixing drinks, but I do work in hotel industry before. Perhaps I can be one of the waitress…?” He was about to open his mouth but she cut in. “Consider this as my make up to you okay? There’s nothing wrong to have another hand?” she said, placing her hands on the hip
—————-

Kiyoto sight and looked back at Brandy who just shrugged.

“Well…I guess it won’t hurt to have one more waitress for tonight.” He led her to the backroom and showed her a uniform the waitresses had to wear. A kneelength black skirt, white blouse with half sleeves and black and white ballet flats.

“So, you can change in here and then come back to the front room…”, he grinned suddenly. “What a pity that you believe in such things like love…I would live to help you changing now.” He chuckled low as he left the room and headed to the front. Kiyoto didn’t bother to change his shirt in front of the others and just when he had finished Kathleen came back.

“Hey, Miss, not bad”, he said with a grin. “Though I like you with your casual clothes too.”

He filled a tray of glasses with a golden liquor and handed it to her.

“Okay, see the the two long tables in the back with the blue lights underneath? These ate the majors, the tables for the major reservations. And you will have to serve the drinks to them and take their food orders. And now”, he gestured for her to go ahead, “show me if you can hold a heavy tray like this one ans bring it to them guests.”

Kiyoto watched how Kathleen slowly made her way to the back and placed the drinks on the table. He clapped a little applause.

“Fine. That want really tough, now was it? Anyway, Brandy will explain the deatails to you. Now bring the drinks back and prepare yourself, the guests will arrive soon.”