First Encounter (1)

Journey with Kiyoto Makimura

 

- Dream -

‘Let’s break up’

‘Why…? Did I do something you don’t like…?’ I can’t believe it at all. We haven’t even reach 1 month and he asked for break up?!

‘It’s not like that. It’s just; your sense of fashion doesn’t meet my standard. I prefer you when you are in your suit & skirt uniform…You know, when we went out last week, I was like, shocked to see you wearing those kind of clothes…kinda make me embarrassed…’

What the hell is he talking about…I thought to myself while still in composed manner staring at his eyes.

‘And anyway, we have different type of the way we joke to others…I find myself don’t like it when you fooling around with your friends…’

And I was like… DUH?!

I cleared my throat. ‘We were dating for let say a week or two, before finally official and you didn’t notice that I actually like this? I never pretend myself to be a feminine when I actually don’t, I never try to act like a princess and wear all those skirt while I prefer to be in jeans. You should know that in the beginning. Yet, you still asked me to be your girl! And now you are asking for a break up…?’ 

‘Yes,’

I shook my head in disbelief. ‘Fine then,’ I sat up and walked away, leaving him sat on the couch while making a face like he didn’t do anything bad to me. I walked briskly to the direction of my home.

My steps went faster… I found myself running in tears. Rain started to pour really hard when I was in front of my house. I walked inside slowly, closing the screen door behind me.

Why it has to be like this again… I thought he is the one… I thought he is different…I sat down with my clothes dripping wet to the floor while hugging my legs and buried my face.

‘God…how many times will you put me into this kind of situation…?I can’t stand it anymore…’

- End of Dream -

“…………” Her eyes fluttered open slowly. “…..huh..?” The short haired girl sat up from the bed and felt her head hurt. “Ugh..” massaging her forehead, she scanned the room. 

The apartment wasn’t too spacious but big enough for one or two person live in. She noticed many painting piled up in the corner. Tilting her head, “Where am I…” muttered to herself.
————————

The evening before…

Kiyoto was about to close the bar as his co-worker waved goodbye and left though the back door. He followed her and locked the door and checked if the lights in the restrooms and the backroom were off. When he came back to the front he saw a single woman sitting on a stool.

Kiyoto walked over a little frowning. It was not like him to frown because of female guests but it was already late and he definitely needed some sleep.

He patted on the polished wood of the counter with his palm to make the woman look up. Just slowly she raised her head and revealed a pretty face with dark eyes, which were red from too much crying just like her nose.

Though the bar was closed Kiyoto couldn’t possibly kick her out when she was obviously needing a drink. There was a reason Kiyoto was called the best bartender around.

“Okay, Miss, I am really sorry but we’ve closed already. I can give you one or two drinks only. I hope you understand?” He smiled kindly at her but she only nodded without bothering to look at him. Her stare was glued on her hands.

Kiyoto took two glasses with a sigh and poured his favorite whiskey into it. One glass he placed in front of the woman and the other he downed himself.

Surprised he watched like the woman downed her drink as well. He whistled. “Whoa! Not every woman can drink like that, Miss.” Still she didn’t react and Kiyoto filled her glass up again.

Before he could drink she had downed hers already, put some money on the bar and wanted to leave. Kiyoto jumped to the front and got hold of her shoulder.

“Hey, Miss, it’s alright. You can stay a little longer. The other bars are closed as well anyways.” He watched how she got back on her stool and filled the glasses once more. “Wanna tell me why you cried?”

Instead of talking she just kept drinking.
——————-

“Good morning, Miss. You slept quiet long. Well, no wonder after all the drinks you had!” Kiyoto walked into the living room with a cup of steaming hot coffee he held out to the confused looking woman. “Not to mention that you were all tired out after all of the exhausting things we did.” He watched her face losing all its color and laughed.

“I’m just kidding, Miss. You were totally knocked out and I had to bring you here. I had no idea what else to do. You didn’t even give me your name before passing out.”