The Fairy Book

Welcome to Sirius

 

Hana P.O.V

 

*Why? Why do I have detention on a Friday afternoon?* I thought as I looked out the window. Just because I took a little nap at history class didn´t mean to give detention already. And it wasn´t even my fault! It wasn´t possible for me to sleep at home anymore since I dreamt that weird dream, where a beautiful boy called my name and when I reached him, he suddenly disappeared. I stayed awake every night to not fall asleep and dream that stupid dream over and over again. Seriously it .

 I looked at the watch from our class room. 10 minutes to go and then I was free. I looked again out the window. It rained and the whole sky was grey. As he was sad I felt sadness too. Maybe because it wasn´t really the best day today. I stared for a while outside, seeing people running in the rain not to get soaked. I wished I could be one of them. Then finally the bell rang. I jumped up, packed my things and ran outside in the rain. I didn´t care if I got soaked wet or not. I just wanted to go home as fast as I could. As I saw my bus already staying at the bus station I ran faster, but I slipped and fell down on the streets. ! It really hurt. A man came rushing to me and helped me up.

“Are you alright?” He looked worried to me as I nodded and smiled.

“Yeah. I´m fine. Thanks for helping me up.” I bowed and wanted to walk away when I felt something burning on my knees. I looked down and saw that both of my knees were scratched. As I saw the blood running down my leg, I got dizzy. I don´t like seeing blood. Thanks god the man caught me, before I could crash on the floor.

“Come. I´ll take care of your wounds.” He picked me up bridal style and I was so irrated and noticed that my face got a light pink color. He walked to a book store, opened the door. Careful not to hurt me and put me down on one of the seats, which stood there.

“Wait. I´ll be right back.” He smiled at me and patted my head. He then disappeared behind curtain. I looked around, amazed by the amount of books the owner of the store had. It kinda reminded me of how my granny read all the fairy books for me. Because of her I still loved reading books, not like other kids nowadays. My gaze fortified on a book. I limped to the bookshelf and grabbed it.

“Welcome to Sirius?” I read out loud, when I grab the book and skipped through the pages. It was old and smelled already a bit musty, but something was fascinating me. I didn´t notice that the man came back and stood now behind me.

“Interested in that book?” He asked smiling. I got surprised and nearly let the book drop on the floor. How embarrassing. I could feel my head heating up as I nodded. He giggled. He had a really gentle giggle. He walked to the seats and patted on one. I understood what he wanted from me and I limped back to my seat, still holding the book in my hands.

He had bring a first aid-kit and now he cleaned my wounds. It sting a bit, but I could bear it.

“Excuse me, Sir. But can I ask for your name?” I asked formally how my mother taught it to me. He looked up to me while he bandaged my knees.

“My name is Lee Byung-hun. And yours?” Again he showed me his angelic smile.

“My name is Park Hana.” I said as I flinched as He bandaged my right knee.

“So Hana-ssi. Do you like books?”

“Oh yeah. I love them. I know, I´m not like a normal teenager right?” I smiled sheepishly and Byung-hun-ssi shook his head.

“No. It´s really great that you love books. It should give more teenagers like you.” He explained as he sat down on the other chair.

“Welcome to Sirius, did you read it, Byung-hun-ssi?” I asked as I remember the book which I still hold in my hands. I over the cover like it was my treasure. Byung-hun-ssi tilted his head to the side, at first looking at me and then at the book.

“Yeah. It´s quite interesting to me, I think. But I love every book and find it interesting.” He chukled. As he stood up.

“Byung-hun-ssi. Is…is it alright if I can read it too? I just can´t pay it today. But I promise to come back tomorrow.” I asked and jumped from my seat, forgetting that I had some wounds and bowed deeply. I heard him giggle and I felt again, that I blushed. Damn me. Always getting embarrassed so fast.

“I´ll give you the book as a present, because it was really nice talking to you.” He said as he patted my head.

“Thank you very much.” I bowed again.

“I think it´s time for you to go now, right?”

“Oh, yeah. Byung-hun-ssi. Can I come back?” I asked, hoping that he would say yes. He nodded as respond and I smiled brightly, leaving the bookstore and waved to him. He waved back and then I was again outside in the cold weather.

 

No One P.O.V

Byung-hun closed the door after Hana left the bookstore. He leaned against the window and sighed.

“I didn´t think I would meet you, Hana. I´m sorry, but it was the last time that you would see me.” He sighed and walked back behind the curtain.

 

Hana P.O.V

I finally reached home and went into the kitchen, where my aunt already prepared the dinner.

“Auntie!” I´m back. What are you cooking?” I said as I looked what she cooked and it smelled delicious.

“Kimchi. You´re favourite meal.” She smiled and pinched my cheeks. I laughed softly as I hugged her suddenly.

“Huh? Dear? What happened? Oh and don´t forget to greet your parents and granny.” She patted softly my back. I was happy that I still had her. I nodded and walked to the living room, where a photo of my parents and my granny stood. I kissed both photos slightly.

“I´m back, Umma and Appa. I hope you´re alright over there. I miss you really much. And granny I found another interesting book. When I finished reading it I talk with you about it.” I did this every day. Speaking to my parents and my granny as they were still alive. My parents died 6 years ago, when they flew from Japan to Korea and the plane crashed down. My granny died last year, because she was already old and really weak. It was her time.

“Hana! Dinner is ready.” I heard my aunt yell from the kitchen. I stood up and walked to the kitchen, where she already placed the dishes and the food. I sat down and both of us started eating. We talked about our day and after the dinner I went upstairs trying to do my homework. Then I remembered the book and couldn´t concentrate on my homework anymore. I walked to my bag and put out the big, old book. I opened it and started to read.

Once upon a time a girl named Park Hana lost her parents at the age of 11. Since then she lived with her aunt in Seoul, attending school there and had a lot of friends. One day she got detention by her history teacher….

I couldn´t believe my eyes. Was this book talking about me? Or was it just a coincidence? As I continue reading more things got suspicious. It described my whole day today till now. Terrified I threw the book onto the ground. Now I knew why I was fascinated about the book. I had a bond with in a kind of way, but it was creepy. How could someone knew how my day would be, before I even finished it? I hid myself under my blanket and tried to sleep. In a matter of time, I felt dazing off into my dreamland.

 

No One P.O.V

As Hana fell asleep, she didn´t notice anymore that the book opened itself and a dazzling light flashed her room into white.


The first chapter is out <3 hope you liked it everyone^^ do you think it´s short? I´ll try to write more next time :D