Secret

SJ:2 Super Junior 2nd Generation

CHOI MI RAN

 

 

            “I think I might pass out from all the homework our economy professor gave us.” Saehee complained slamming her books down on the cafeteria table.

            “tell me about it. This will definitely take us two sleepless night, at least!” Hyunee agreed burying her face on her arms.

MiRan just shook her head at her friends.

It had been a month and a half since the two girls started college and they have been loving every moment of it; the freedom, new friends and most especially no interference.  but they have also been wondering why their brother aren’t making their lives difficult. They weren’t seeking them out like they expected them to and weren’t warding off boys who tried to hit on them.

They didn’t complain though. Life was better that way.

Saehee and MiRan met 3 new friends who they’ve constantly been hanging out with, Hyunee, Lin and the girl from Busan, Jihyun. The three girls did not know, however, that they are daughters of famous pop stars or the fact that MiRan is debuting in 2 weeks. Her teaser video and photo won’t be released till the next week.

It had been awkward for Miran and Saehee when their three friends spazz over their university’s heatthrobs, SiHwan, JaeHee and JeungMin. They haven’t gotten around in telling them that two of those guys are their brother and the other one is as close to one.

            “why don’t we start working on the essay so we don’t have to stay up all night?” Jihyun suggested.

Lin, MiRan, Hyunee and Saehee groaned.

A sudden squeal of giggles erupted in the cafeteria. MiRan and Saehee didn’t have to look up to know why the girls were acting like it.

SiHwan, Jaehee and JeungMin walked in the cafeteria oblivious to the attention they were getting from the diners. They were just talking among themselves, laughing occasionally at Jaehee’s jokes and punching Jeungmin playfully for his snide remarks.

Both of the girls kept their heads lowered at the pretense of reading their homework, if people here were to find out they were the sisters of JaeHee and SiHwan, they will never have a moment’s peace in college. More so to SaeHee since after MiRan’s debut she wouldn’t be in school too often anymore.

            “they are so perfect.” Hyunee sighed resting her head on her palms staring at the boys dreamily.

            “yeah, I wish they’d talk to us or something, but sunbaes are too cool for that, I guess.” Lin said dejected.

            “what do you two think of sunbae? I especially like JaeHee sunbae. He looks so cool and funny too.” Jihyun said. Saehee made a face of disbelief and snuck a glance at her brother who was picking his lunch and gagged.

            “I think they’re a bunch of idiots.” Saehee mumbled from under her breath.

            “how can you say that? They’re so cool, Saehee-ah. I mean look at SiHwan sunbae, he’s been getting the university gold medals in every taekwondo competition he’s entered and I’ve heard he’s preparing to join the Olympics too.” Lin said shocked.

Saehee gritted her teeth. She knew SiHwan is the nice one among the three but she just can’t say it out loud and kept shut.

MiRan leaned on her arm to block her sight of the boys.

            “how about you, MiRan-ah? I bet for someone like you, SiHwan sunbae must be your type right?” Lin teased.

MiRan choked on her juice.

            “MWO!?” she yelled. Then realizing what she’s done she ducked her head and Saehee grimaced. Now the boys are going to see them.

True enough after Jeungmin heard MiRan’s voice he whipped his head to the direction of the table where the girls sat and am evil grin appeared on his face.

            “don’t even think about it, Jeungmin-ah.” SiHwan said holding Jeungmin back.

            “what? I’m just gonna drop by and say hi.” He shrugged off Sihwan’s arms and slowly walked towards the table.

            “umma did ask not to bother Saehee for at least a month and it’s been almost two months already.” Jaehee sniggered and followed Jeungmin.

            “this is so not gonna be good.” SiHwan shook his head and followed his friends.

 

Saehee and MiRan sank even lower in their seats hoping they won’t be seen. But with their friends shaking them and silently squealing, they know their hope was in vain.

            “hi girls.” Jeungmin smiled widely. Lin, Hyunee and Jihyun sighed.

            “annyeonghaseyo Jungmin sunbae.” They chorused, blushing madly.

            “can I join you?” he offered, Saehee and MiRan stared at their friends and shook their heads but they had already agreed.

Both of them kept their heads low and away from Jeungmin.

But a shout of excitement made SaeHee wish for the earth to swallow her whole.

            “SAEHEEEEEEE~~~!!!” her brother yelled in a sing song voice, then tackled her almost knocking her off her chair. Jae had wrapped her in a bear hug so tight her air passages were blocked.

“GET.OFF!!!” She squirmed from her brother’s grip. But Jae only grabbed a chair hug her still.

“don’t wanna!” he said childishly laughing inside at the sight of her friends whose jaws drop at the sight of them. “oh hi MiRan!” he added cheerfully.

“hi Jaehee oppa.” She said quietly.

“oppa!?” her friends said in shock.

“MiRan.” She flinched hearing her brother’s voice. She reluctantly stood up and gave her brother a short hug.

If possible, Lin, Jihyun and Hyunee’s jaws dropped even further.

            “aren’t you going to introduce us to your friends?” Jeungmin said staring at Saehee who was almost blue now.

Saehee stomped on her brother’s foot so hard he yelled in pain.

            “yah! That hurt!”

            “right! And you’re trying to choke me to death!” Saehee spat back.

            “errr…anyway oppas.” MiRan cut off the imminent sibling squabble. “these are our friends Lin, Jihyun and Hyunee.”

The boys all smiled and shook their hands. The three girls felt like they were about to faint.

            “uhmmm…how do you guys know Saehee and MiRan?” Lin asked curiously.

Jaehee and Jeungmin looked shocked while Sihwan was passive; he had been expecting this.

            “aww…you didn’t tell your friends? Saehee, I’m hurt!” JaeHee said dramatically and rested his forehead on his sister’s shoulder.

            “that’s because you are an embarrassment that’s why I don’t want people to know I’m related to you.” She said shaking her shoulder.

Jaehee brushed off his sister’s comment and looked at her friends.

            “I’m Kim Jaehee. She’s Kim Saehee. Can’t you guys figure it out?” he smirked.

All the three girls’ eyes widened.

            “you…you’re siblings?!” they chorused in shock. Jaehee smirked and nodded. Hyunee’s head snapped towards MiRan and SiHwan who was sitting beside his sister and watching the scene in silence.

            “Choi MiRan, Choi SiHwan.” She said pointing to each of them. “you’re siblings too?” MiRan just nodded.

            “sorry.”

            “oh my-! I even teased you if you SiHwan sunbae!” Lin said in horror.

            “bwoh?” Jeungmin laughed rolling in his seat. Saehee glared at her brother.

            “I can’t believe you’d embarrass me like this! I had hoped for a peaceful college life and now I can’t even have it coz of you!” SaeHee spat angrily.

            “hey umma did you a favor and made me leave you alone for a month I gave you almost two months so you should be thankful.” Jaehee said sticking his tongue out at her.

            “right I’m so thankful my tears are turning into blood.” She said in heave sarcasm.

            “are they always like this?” Hyunee asked MiRan.

            “pretty much.” MiRan sighed.

“but if you ask me Jaehee loves his sister more than anything and Saehee too, this is just their way of showing sibling affection. No guy will ever get near Saehee by a mile radius as long as Jaehee is around.” Jeungmin sniggered watching the his two friends squabble.

“so Saehee really never had a boyfriend before? Or anything close to?” Jihyun asked. They didn’t believe Saehee when she said she’s never been in a relationship before.

Jeungmin snorted.

            “if you think Jaehee is protective, their father is worse.” He replied sipping his soda. “at least Jaehee is ok with Saehee’s bestfriend, Minhyun, their father, not so, and mind you they’ve been friends since they were in diapers.”

            “oh.” Jihyun said a bit shocked. She looked at MiRan. “so you’ve never had a boyfriend too?”

MiRan snapped out from her daze and blushed.

            “uhmmm…” she mumbled something and was about to answer but Jeungmin cut her off.

            “tsh! See him?” he said jerking a finger at SiHwan who was sitting with his arms crossed glaring at any guy who dared to look at his sister.

The three girls didn’t need any more explanation and nodded.

            “hyungs! Saehee! MiRan!” a voice called them and they turned to look who it was.

A tall and lean boy with slightly chubby cheeks, slit-like eyes, which would’ve looked usually scary but on his face it looked really cute, jogged towards them. SaeHee blushed scarlet, MiRan was silent.

            “YunJae-ah!” Jeungmin and Jaehee stood up and greeted the boy.

            “isn’t that YunJae, the rookie singer? Didn’t he debut 2 months ago?” Lin asked Saehee who nodded.

            “how do you guys know him?” Jihyun asked shocked, she didn’t expect this days to be full of surprises or that her friends know not only campus celebrities but also actual celebrities.

            “his parents are close with ours so we pretty much know each other since we were kids.” MiRan replied.

            “isn’t his father U-Know Yunho of Dong Bang Shin Ki?” JIhyun asked. “don’t tell me you parents were past idols too?” she added feeling she wouldn’t be surprised if they were.

            “we’ll tell you next time ok?” Saehee said and the three girls nodded then stared at the celebrity in front of them.

The cafeteria was now abuzz looking at the group of people in the corner.

            “hi girls.” YunJae greeted Saehee and MiRan and gave a friendly wave at their friends.

            “hi oppa.” Saehee choked out. She had liked YunJae since she was in highschool and has been battling the constant choking she does whenever she talks to him. The only two people who knew about her crush on YunJae were MinHyun and MiRan.

            “you don’t have schedules today?” MiRan asked.

            “nope, not today, but I have a whole new one tomorrow though.” he replied smiling widely at MiRan.

            “must be tiring.” Saehee commented.

            “it is, but it’s fun.” He laughed.

            “looks like a meeting here.” a voice said from behind Saehee who felt a heavy arm drop on her shoulder.

            “what are you doing here?” Saehee said icily. Minhyun raised an eyebrow.

            “thanks for making me feel welcome, Sae.” He shook his head.

The group chatted well enough with each other even the other girls started to feel comfortable around MiRan and Saehee’s brothers. It was surely not hard to with Jeungmin and Jaehee joking about. YunJae was politely joining in the conversations making everyone slightly forget the fact that he was a celebrity.

Saehee kept talking to MinHyun as she was too shy to talk to YunJae for more than a sentence or two. MiRan was the one who talked to the others more than Saehee.

Everyone started to leave the cafeteria when classes had started again. Every eye in the cafeteria stared at the group of people walking out. The boys turned to the model-like MiRan and to the confident Saehee ogling like they’ve never seen anyone so gorgeous. The boys drop their gazes, however, from the glares Jaehee and SiHwan gave them.

The girls swooned at the sight of the celebrity YunJae, muscular athlete, SiHwan, the Jokester, JeungMin, the evil guy, Jaehee and the silent heartthrob, Minhyun.

None of them know of their popularity nor do they even care as they find it mundane to care for such trivial things. They all just want to enjoy and finish college so that they will be free to do their own things.

            “MiRan-ah, care for coffee? I’m craving for caffeine.” Saehee asked her friend after their classes. MiRan glanced at her watched and bit her lip.

            “uhmmm…sorry Saehee but I still have somewhere to go. Rain check?” she said with a smile.

            “oh alright. Take care then, see you later.” Saehee rolled her eyes and waved MiRan goodbye.

MiRan bit her lip and walked towards her car.

She’s been feeling uneasy since lunchtime and she knew why. She felt guilty; it had been quite some time now that she’s been keeping.

Getting into her white Audi, a gift for her 18th birthday from her parents, she started off to a familiar location. She weaved through the rush hour traffic trying not to be impatient. Messages started to flood her phone, she knew who it was but ignored it.

After almost an hour stuck in traffic, MiRan finally arrived at a small botanical garden that overlooks the city of Seoul. She walked inside never once failed to admire the flowers that grew there. The place had a flower shop once but when the owners decided to leave the country MiRan offered to keep the place intact and maybe in the future she could buy it from them as it had been her favorite place to just relax and be away from the bustling city.

And this place was where she met him.

Walking through the familiar red brick pathway she led herself to the edge of the garden where a canopy stood there with vines of Wisteria weaving through it, it’s purple flowers made it look like curtains and the wooden swing underneath it accented the place perfectly.

MiRan smiled as she reached the edge and saw the familiar back of the boy she loved.

            “oppa.” She called. The boy turned from the swing and smiled sweetly back at her.

He stood up and walked towards MiRan, his dimples and perfect smile could have melted her right from where she stood.

            “MiRan-ah, I missed you.” He said wrapping his arms around MiRan and hugged her tightly burying his face into her hair.

MiRan smiled and buried her face on his neck hugging him back.

            “I missed you too, YunJae oppa.”

 

------

EDITED!!! made a mistake with the name..hihi

im back after 2 weeks! hihihi hope you like this chapter..ive been putting off this update since friday although i was almost done..so sorry! hope you leave comments!:D anyone who has kakaotalk? add me up! :D 09intotherain

ps. unedited

pss. i've also been writing a new fic..it's be a totally different kind of story, and i wont be posting it yet until i couls have at least 10 chapters of it so i can leave it for a long time without getting pressured..hihi take care all!