Preparation and Favor

SJ:2 Super Junior 2nd Generation

            “oppa!” Gayoon and MinAh shouted and ran to the house across the street. DongWoon was just taking off his helmet and ran a hand through his hair. He looked up at the approaching girls with a bright and happy smile.

            “hi girls! Missed me?” he said wrapping them both in a bear hug.

            “you bet!” Gayoon said happily looking up at the older guy. DongWoon laughed heartily and ruffled Gayoon’s hair. DongWoon looked a lot like his father ShinDong but physically he’s in between lean and slightly meaty and shorter than Minhyun by an inch.

            “hi hyung! how was you trip?” Minhyun asked and hugged Dongwoon.

            “it was ok, could’ve been better but ok.” He smiled and leaned on his motorbike. Although he was allowed to ride it by his parents the other kids were forbidden on it.

after graduating from college, DongWoon decided to go on a trip somewhere far in the province. He said it was for recreational purposes, as they all know their debut will be happening soon.

            “we weren’t expecting you to be back for at least two more weeks!” MinAh said in a slight surprise.

DongWoon’s eyes widened a bit and put his helmet on top of the handle bar.

            “I thought you all knew? JungSu appa called in for a meeting for our upcoming debut, didn’t you guys know?” DongWoon asked specifically to MinHyun and Gayoon, who both looked shocked.           

            “no, they didn’t tell us anything.” Minhyun said brows slightly furrowed.

            “oh.” DongWoon blinked and stood up. “maybe they’ll tell you about it tonight.” He said and swung his backpack onto his shoulders.

            “when is it, oppa?” Gayoon asked.

            “on Saturday. Which reminds me, MinAh, can you do me a favor and give this to, YoungMin?” he said handing a box to her.

            “why don’t you give it yourself, oppa?” she said eyeing the house beside DongWoon’s.

            “nah! he’s kinda pissed off at me coz a prank I did before I left, that’s my piece offering. He might chuck it at me if I’m the one who’ll hand it to him.”

MinHyun and the other laughed and bid their goodbyes to DongWoon who trotted happily towards his house.

 

SJ Entertainment

 

All 15 members of SJ:2 gathered at the conference room waiting for their Jungsu appa to come in, or should they say, their president.

The maknaes, EunJi and Shane were giggling excitedly at the end of the table, XiLin, Gayoon, MinJi and JoonHae were talking about what field they should do aside from being a singer. JoonHae was thinking of being an actor like his father, Donghae, all of the girls all wanted to do radio although XiLin expressed her thoughts on wanting to be a model in the future.

The older boys DongWoon, YoungMin, JaeHee and JeungMin were just fooling around and getting impatient about the president taking too long to start the meeting.

MiRan, SungWook, XiaQin and JongJae were just talking about random things. The others were trying to change the topics as JongJae kept talking about the bearded dragon he’d just bought with his sister.

After almost 30 minutes, the conference door opened and walked in were some the heads of the company, Leeteuk, Siwon, Heechul, Kangin and Shindong.

Everybody greeted them with a bow, they have long since established that whenever they are in the company there address fathers as sajangnim or seonsaengnim, although most of them call them hyungnim instead.

Leeteuk motioned them all to sit down and the room fell into a hush.

            “we finally have the final date of your debut.” Leeteuk said grinning widely. Squeals and hoots followed this announcement and Siwon motioned them all to quiet down.

            “Originally, we wanted to have your debut date the same as ours but circumstances prevented us from pursuing the idea.” Siwon said shifting his weight. All of the heads were just standing there like some sentinels on guard.

            “so, we will have your debut on October 20 of this year.” Leeteuk announced. The cheers that followed were not as easy to quell as the first one, it took Kangin’s gruff voice and Heechul’s impatient shout to make them all hush down.

            “your debut single will be entitled Take Over and since it’s still the summer you will have an ample amount of time to practice. You all will have to study and record the song of course and we will be giving you your schedules of recording by Monday and you will be able to start recording by the end of the week.” Kangin said sounding more professional than his usual playful self.

            “JongJae and MinJi will be the main base for the album and will be recording by Wednesday next week.” Shindong looked at the two. “we expect a lot from you two.” He added JongJae and MinJi nodded.

            “before we forget, after promotions for the main group, you will form into subgroups.” Heechul announced.

            “subgroups?” JaeHee said with a voice that says the idea is ridiculous.

            “yes, subgroups, the girls will for a 7-member girl group and the 8 boys will for another. Got a problem, JaeHee?” Heechul said glaring at his eldest.

            “uh, no, appa, I mean, hyungnim.” He replied hastily shrinking back in his seat.

            “I thought so, now, the subgroup names have yet to be decided so you need not bother with it now.” Heechul said waving his hand.

            “now the leader will be-“ Leeteuk said but got cut off by the loud voices of the members all pointing to one member.

            “DONGWOON HYUNG! DONGWOON OPPA!” they shouted. The fathers just shook their heads and couldn’t help but laugh.

            “yes, DongWoon will be the leader.” Leeteuk chuckled. “ we told you about this early on for you to be really prepared, when classes start most of you will still be attending although majority will be in college already you still need to attend classes and graduate.”

            “don’t worry we will arrange your schedules after debut as to not be as heavy and would not clash with your studies.” ShinDong said.

            “so any questions?”

            “me!” JeungMin said raising hand. Leeteuk raised an eyebrow.

            “are we allowed to skip classes?” he asked hopefully looking at his father who glared at him and didn’t answer his question.

They were all dismissed after that question and one by one they left the company.

They weren’t supposed to be seen together at the company to avoid getting rumors floating around about SJ Ent.’s new group, so most went out from the back and some used the basement parking. None of the sons and daughters of SJ have been exposed to the limelight, there have been news and some pictures when they were born and as babies but never as they grew up.

ELFs have caught glimpses and had an inkling who the sons and daughters were but as they respected the decision of the parents and just kept their hunches to themselves.

 

End of Summer

 

SJ Compound

 

Jaehee trudged back to his home after a long day of rehearsals and recordings; he was aching all over and just wanted to drop on his bed for a well-deserved sleep.

As he got to the porch, he smelled his mother’s familiar carbonara wafting through the air and his tiredness vanished in an instant. He fumbled through the door and swung it open.

            “Umma, I‘m home!” he said aloud, hurriedly removing his shoes to get his hands on the carbonara.

            “Jagiya!” a girl’s tinkling voice rang out from the kitchen. A few fumbling feet later JaeHee felt arms wrapped around his waist.

            “Kristine! You’re here again, are you?” he said laughing a bit.

            “uh huh! Zee umma is making carbonara, jagiya!” she said pointing towards the kitchen. JaeHee looked down and laughed.

            “I know, I can smell it from outside. Are you hungry?” he asked and picked up the 7-yr old from the floor and walked her to the kitchen.

            “uh huh!” she nodded vigorously.

            “how was your lessons with umma, Kristine?” He asked putting her down on a barstool.

            “I was great! I am better now, I can play Twinkle Twinkle with no mistakes!” she giggled proudly and JaeHee cheered for her.

            “c’mon you two, dig in before it gets cold.” Zee said putting two plates of carbonara on the kitchen counter and both them started to eat.

            “umma, that smells good!” SaeHee said brightly coming in the kitchen door. “Kristine!” she yelled catching sight of the little girl and hugged her.

            “SaeHee unnie!”

            “I missed you, kid. Did you miss unnie?” SaeHee said snuggling into the little girl’s cheek. She giggled and nodded.

            “but I miss jagiya more!” she added tugging on JaeHee’s sleeve. He grinned his mouth full of white sauce.

SaeHee grimaced in disgust at the sight of her brother. She threw a box of tissue at him and he caught it easily with one hand.

            “be careful of the boys you like, Kristine. They may not be the prince charming as you hope them to be.” SaeHee said mockingly still eyeing her brother.

            “don’t you two start fighting now.” their mother said setting down a plate of pasta for SaeHee.

            “don’t worry mom, SaeHee’s just pms-ing.”

            “oppa!” she shrieked and punched his arm.

            “yah! I’m your brother!” JaeHee yelled rubbing his arm.

            “yeah right, you’re not even human. Seen yourself in the mirror lately?” SaeHee snapped and made a face at her brother who, once again have white sauce all over his face.

            “the question is, have you? At the rate that’s growing you’ll be the ugliest unicorn soon.” JaeHee said pointing at his sister’s forehead where a red pimple was.

SaeHee gasped and put a hand on her forehead. She glared at her brother who sniggered at the sight of his distraught sister.

            “umma!” SaeHee went over to Zee who didn’t bother getting between her children’s argument knowing it’s no use.

            “stop it, you two, you’re not setting a good example to Kristine.” She reprimanded cleaning the kitchen table. They all eyes Kristine who was oblivious to their exchange and was happily eating her pasta, her legs swinging from her chair.

At that moment, the doorbell rang.

            “answer the door please, SaeHee?” Zee said throwing empty packets of plastic.

SaeHee walked out the kitchen and went to open the door.

            “oppa!” SaeHee’s voice rang out cheerfully. “come in, they’re in the kitchen.”

A few seconds later SaeHee came in and a tall man just a few steps behind her.

            “Kristine, your dad’s here.” She said and the little girl looked up and her face brightened.

            “daddy!” she said cheerfully and hopped off the stool towards her towering father.

            “hi Kris, how’s it going?” Zee said walking towards Kris and gave him a short hug.

            “great, but the trip back from Canada was tiring.” He said in his low voice and laughed.

            “I think you’re just getting old, hyung.” JaeHee teased from the table.

            “just wait till you reach my age, Jae, and see if you can still laugh.” Everybody in the room laughed. Kristine tugged on her father’s collar and pointed at JaeHee.

            “daddy, I’m gonna marry JaeHee oppa!” she announced, her audience laughed except for her father.

            “what? you’re too young , Kristine.” Kris’ face looked as what every father’s face would look when their princess got another man in their lives aside from them.

            “but I’ll grow up.” She crossed her arms and pouted. “JaeHee oppa will wait for me to grow up, right?” she looked at the subject of her plea.

            “of course I will, kiddo!” JaeHee stood and ruffled her hair and laughed. Kris looked worried.

            “don’t worry about it, Kris. She’s still 7 you don’t have to seriously worry about it for another 8 years.” Zee said putting a hand on Kris’ arm. he sighed and shook his head.

            “I guess so.” He said and kissed his daughter’s forehead. “anyway, jie, thank you so much for her lessons.”

            “don’t worry about it. it’s fun having little Kristine around. Definitely beats having to deal with those two fighting.” Zee jerked her thumb towards her kids who were now arguing again.

            “I don’t even want to think when my kids reach their age. Topher is starting to get quite a handful now that he’s reached highschool.”

            “you can just ask Tao to get your son in line then.” They both laughed and Kris looked at his watch.

            “I think we have to go now. Rin is waiting for us.” Kris said giving Zee a short hug and bid goodbye to the two squabbling siblings.

            “say hi to her for me.” Zee told Kris as she walked them out of her house.”

            “I will.” Kris waved. “Kristine go say goodbye.”

            “goodbye!!!” she waved both of her hands, laughing in her father’s arms as he helped her onto their car.

Zee walked back to the kitchen where JaeHee was now cleaning out the last bit of the pasta in the stove.

            “JaeHee! Leave some for your father!” Zee shouted and smacked his hand and taking his plate away from him.

            “awww, umma, I’m hungry!” he whined, SaeHee rolled her eyes and pushed her half-eaten plate towards her brother.

As soon as JaeHee saw it his face brightened and looked at his sister as if she was the greatest person in the whole world.

            “thank you, sis! I knew you love me!” he said squeakily in his delight and started eating the pasta.

            “tch! I gave it to you coz I lost my appetite watch you pig out.” she scoffed. Her brother just stuck his tongue out at her.

            “SaeHee?” Heechul’s voice echoed from the entrance.

            “appa?” SaeHee turned her head towards the kitchen entrance and went to greet her father.

            “he’s home early today.” Zee said glancing at the wall clock. JaeHee ignored everything and continued on eating. Zee shook her head at the sight of her eldest son and went to greet her husband as well.

a few minutes later JaeHee saw her mom enter the kitchen with a sigh.

            “what’s wrong, umma? Something happened?” although JaeHee doubted it since if his father and sister were fighting he’d surely hear about it.

            “nothing’s wrong, just your appa and sister having a one-on-one talk in the living room.” She replied taking her son’s plate to the sink.

            “why?” JaeHee asked baffled. He took a napkin from the kitchen counter and wiped the sauce from his face.

            “he’s briefing her before school starts on Monday.”

JaeHee ‘ooh’-ed in realization.

            “I guess it’s about time for appa to do it. I was wondering what’s taking him so long.” He sniggered and stretched.

Zee pondered what she could at least do for her daughter. Heechul have been so overprotective towards her ever since she started elementary school. She knew her husband still wouldn’t let Saehee be truly free even in college so she wanted to make it a bit easy for her, at least for the only year with JaeHee since her son will be graduating by the end of the school year.

            “JaeHee, can you do me a favor?” Zee said looking towards his son who was just gulping down a can of soda.

            “sure, umma, what is it?”

            “it’s about your sister.”

 

---------------

finally an update! i know this is a bit boring since the first 3 chaps will focus more on the intro and stuff..hihi

starting the next chapter it will focus on one character and his/her story and a few other characters might be involved..i thought it'd be more organized that way..;)

oh and EXO-M's Kris' cameo..hihi i really love him.. one hot namja he is..lol im having a lot of Kris feels lately..ahaha

anyway anyone else spazzing over SJM on Korean music shows? i know i am since last night!weeeee!!!! SJM on SMA stage! love HenMi's entrance! /cries blood!

another smtowner's son/ daughter will be on this fic too..care to guess who? and please tell me if you want to suggest a cameo or appearance..hihi

ps. chapter unedited. and if anyone has kakaotalk feel free to add me..chat me up..i dont bite..keke much..>:) 09intotherain