Parental Pains

SJ:2 Super Junior 2nd Generation

            “APPAAAAAAAAA!!!”

The what had just been a peaceful morning around the SJ compound was shattered by the scream of a pissed off girl.

 

Cho Residence

 

            “they’re at it again.” Min Hyun muttered from over his breakfast and stabbed the bacon on his plate.

The family of four looked out of their dining room window to check what’s going on at the house next door.

            “I bet SaeHee finally found out.”  Kyuhyun chuckled before taking a sip from his coffee.

            “I don’t really get why Heechul oppa would break his promise like that.” Angela scowled placing a serving of kimchi on the table before sitting.

            “well, did you expect hyung to expose her beloved daughter to boys?” Kyuhyun answered back with a question.

            “but appa, MinHyun is boy and Heechul appa seems not to mind much.” Min Ah said from beside her twin brother.

            “yeah right, you should see Heechul appa’s face when he looks at me these days.” Said the 18-year old bitterly.

            “I bet Zee has something to say about it.” Angela said confidently.

            “I bet she does.” Kyuhyun grinned expecting the outcome.

Kyuhyun looked up from his breakfast and stared out the window again where another 18-year old girl was ready to have a death match with her father.

 

H. Kim Residence

 

            “APPA!!!” Sae Hee screamed again running down the stairs clutching what seemed to be a college acceptance letter.

            “I told you she will not take it lightly.” Zee sighed from the table handing bread to her eldest son JaeHee who was grinning widely looking at the entrance.

            “it’s my final decision.” Heechul said stubbornly putting down that day’s paper.

A few seconds later Sae Hee appeared, red with anger.

            “Appa, why am I going to an all-girls’ university!? You promised I could go to a co-ed university!” Sae Hee ranted waving her Ewha Women’s University acceptance letter.

            “SaeHee, don’t shout at your father.”  Zee reprimanded calmly. SaeHee bit her lip at her mother’s admonition. Her resemblance to her father both in face and personality was uncanny.

            “but umma, he promised.” Her lips almost trembled as she sat beside her mother.

            “I didn’t promise you anything, young lady, I said I would think about it.” Heechul said not looking at his daughter, he knows if he sees his daughter crying he might give in.

            “but oppa didn’t go to an all boys’ school all his life!”

            “your brother is a boy and he can take care of himself.”

            “appa I’m a man now, I’m already 20, I can drink and all that.” JaeHee scowled at his father. Jae Hee resembled Zee as much as SaeHee resembled Heechul, 2 inches taller than his father and fit like the swimmer that he is.

Heechul ignored this.

            “you will go to that university, Sae Hee and that’s my final word.” Heechul said fiercely and defiantly now looking up from his plate.

Angry tears welled up in SaeHee’s eyes and she stood up and ran from the room.

            “that went well.” JaeHee chided not laughing. He didn’t like seeing his sister like this.

            “Jae-ah, can you go check up on your sister?” Zee asked. Jae Hee nodded and excused himself from the table.

As soon as her son’s footsteps faded, Zee rounded on her husband.

            “oppa, this has got to stop!” Zee said angrily. Heechul looked at his wife with defiance.

            “and what? send her to a co-ed school and have her exposed to all those wolves?!” Heechul said raising his voice.

            “SaeHee is a strong girl she won’t let those kinds of guys fool her and besides JaeHee and MinHyun will be with her.

Heechul scowled even more at the mention of SaeHee’s bestfriend.

            “she’s never been out of an all-girls’ school before how sure are you she can handle herself?”

            “and whose fault was it that she was cooped up in an all girls’ school since middle school?” Zee retorted and it left Heechul unable to say anything. “your daughter studied hard just to get into Kyunghee University with her brother just so you will consider letting her go there. Can’t you at least give this chance to her?”

Heechul’s mind went haywire, he was torn between keeping his daughter protected from undeserving men and wanting to be in her good books, coz if he keeps this up SaeHee will alienate him.

            “Zee, I can’t let her go to a co-ed school.” Heechul said sounding doubtful this time.

            “Kim Heechul, if you won’t send her to a co-ed university I will send her to Canada!” Zee slammed a letter on the table.

Heechul took the acceptance letter to the University of Toronto from the table and looked at it angrily then to his wife.

            “you wouldn’t!”

            “oh yes I will! I knew this might happen so I told SaeHee to send an application there. This just got in this morning. So take your pick, Kyunghee University or the University of Toronto.” Zee said with finality.

She stood up and picked up the letter from the table and walked out from the dining area leaving her husband fuming.

 

Choi Residence

 

            “MiRan, breakfast is ready!” Siwon’s wife, Shinji called from the stairs.

            “Umma, did appa leave already?” SiHwan bulking figure appeared from the kitchen.

Standing at 6 foot 2, Siwon’s 20-year old son can hardly walk around without getting heads turning to his direction. Muscular and good looking like his father made him pretty much the target of girls in school.

            “no, he’s in his office. Why?” his mother asked.

            “nah,  did MiRan convince him already?” SiHwan asked. His mother breathed a heavy sigh.

            “he said if Heechul oppa will permit SaeHee then he’ll give his permission too.”

This time it was SiHwan’s turn to sigh.

            “that’s going to take a miracle…” he said looking up. He knew his sister didn’t have any appetite to eat that’s why she’s locked herself up in her room.

            “anyway, don’t you have taekwondo practice?” Shinji asked her son noticing he wasn’t in his sweats.

            “nope, it was cancelled today, I’ll be leaving in a few minutes, the twins have been badgering me to go with them to that petshop where I got that lizard I got JeungMin.” SiHwan rolled his eyes.

            “that creepy petshop? Don’t tell me they’re going to be buying creepy things again?” his mom asked looking disgusted.

            “well, what do you think? Those 2 took after their father after all.” SiHwan laughed. His mother shuddered

            “I sure don’t know how Ahna can take it.”

            “umma, you know she doesn’t mind what her kids do as long as it’s not illegal, bad and makes them happy.” SiHwan let out his killer smile.

            “you got a point. Anyway, go get your sister, if she’s not eating then she’d better be ready or be late for training.” Shinji said and started to walk back to the kitchen.

At that moment, they heard the phone ring, SiHwan was about to go and answer it but it went silent after the first ring so he assumed his sister picked up the phone.

Then all of them heard a piercing scream. The sound of a loud thump and a crash in the kitchen came after it as SiHwan started to run up the stairs. then the figures of his mother and father came after him.

The door to MiRan’s room opened and she stood there with obvious excitement on her face.

            “MiRan-ah, what happened!?” Siwon asked limping towards his daughter. He fell from his chair in his office when he heard MiRan’s scream.

            “appa! Appa! I can go to Kyunghee!” MiRan said bouncing happily turning to her bewildered family.

            “what do mean you go to Kyunghee? Did Heechul appa said yes?” SiHwan asked his sister. She nodded vigorously.

            “SaeHee just called and told me. Zee umma finally put her foot down and said if Heechul appa wont send her to Kyunghee she’ll send SaeHee to Canada.” MiRan said.

Siwon stared at his wife who just smiled at him as if to say, “you lost”. And Siwon who never breaks his promise admits his defeat this time. Zee had hit 2 birds with one stone this time.

 

S. Lee Residence

 

            “Lee Min Ji, YOU GET BACK HERE THIS INSTANT!” Sungmin bellowed at his daughter who just ran to the door with a sandwich in . Her shoulders slumped at her father’s voice and groaned.

            “appa, waeyo?” she stomped her foot as she said so. Her mother JeeSun just smiled at her and handed her her lunch box.

            “you can’t go to school looking like that.” Sungmin said firmly pointing at his daughter’s uniform.

            “what’s wrong with it?” the 17-year old asked.

a frustrated look appeared on MinJi’s father’s face. The state of Minji’s uniform was, well, not good. Her socks was uneven although at least it looked liked it’s the same pair, her hair looked like she hasn’t comb it yet, her tie wasn’t put on properly plus the arm band she was wearing didn’t match her uniform at all. if an outsider was to observe they’d say she wasn’t cared for at all.

Sungmin pinched the bridge of his nose. Minji is almost a head shorter than her father not as thin as SaeHee and MiRan, she’s more on the medium side. Although mostly getting her mother’s features, she inherited her father’s knack for aegyo.

            “MinJi-ah, I’ve already told you if you want to debut you need to take care of your pre-debut self. People already know who you are and you running about looking like this isn’t helping at all.” he explained in a frustrated sigh.

            “I know that but appa I’m running late.” she said looking at her watch.

A knock on the door briefly stopped their argument. JeeSun walked to the door and opened it.

            “Annyeonghaseyo!” 2 voices chorused as the door opened.

            “oh! JaeHyuk-ah, JoonHae-ah, come on in.” Minji’s mother said ushering them in.

The two 17-year old boys entered smiling from ear to ear, let’s just say these two boys are Eunhyuk and Donghae in miniature.

            “is MinJi ready?” JoonHae asked then seeing MinJi next to her father he waved childishly. Minji hurriedly tried to flatten her hair when she saw the 2 boys enter.

            “appa, can I go now? please?” she begged.

Although it’s still summer, the ones who aren’t in college yet are taking summer classes.

            “comb your hair and straighten your tie first.” Then Sungmin looked down. “and get a clean pair of socks…”

 

with that MinJi marched off to the stairs.

 

Park Residence

 

            “for the last time, JeungMin, if you do not get your grades up I’m going to-“ JeungMin’s mom, HaNeul yelled but got cut off.

            “what? ground me?” JeungMin said teasing his mother. She glared at him.

            “no, I’m going to tell your father to band you from entering the company.” She threatened.

JeungMin looked horrified and swung his feet off the table and looked at his mother.

            “you can’t be serious?!”

            “oh yes, she is.” Leeteuk said from the living room entrance, arms crossed with his son’s latest grades.

            “uhmmm… hi appa.” JeungMin waved with a nervous smile.

            “don’t you ‘hi’ me. your grades are getting worse and if this don’t pick up you can kiss visiting the company goodbye.” Leeteuk said with authority, and it wasn’t hard for him to do so after leading a bunch of misfits for more than 3 decades.

            “but appa, I’m debuting anyway why do I still need to go to school?”

            “yah, if you’re going to be an idol, you will be looked up to by students and it isn’t a good example to be a college drop out!”

            “we can lie about it.” JeungMin suggested from under his breath but his father heard him.

            “you will NOT lie about your education! If as early as now you will not put your head on straight then you better not debut at all!” Leeteuk shouted.

            “keep your pants on, I’m only joking!” JeungMin said raising his hands up trying to calm his already fuming father.

            “tasteful joke, Jeung.” JaeHee said from behind Leeteuk with SiHwan beside him who was shaking his head.

All 3 turned towards him and he bowed to the parents.

            “great, JaeHee,SiHwan, can you please get through this friend of yours and knock some sense to him?” Leeteuk said grimacing.

Both guys chuckled.

            “we do try Leeteuk appa.” SiHwan said.

            “sooo…can I go?” JeungMin asked carefully.

But with the look his father was giving him he sidled from the room and dashed towards the door. SiHwan and JaeHee bid their goodbyes to JeungMin’s parents and followed their friend outside.

            “you know, you should stop trying to get on your dad’s nerves, he isn’t getting any younger, he might get a heart attack something.” JaeHee said head locking JeungMin who was an inch shorter than him.

JeungMin didn’t quite get much of his father’s striking features like his dimples or his good natured face, but he had the look of a rebel, like Leeteuk’s face when he’s on bad mode, sharp eyes and narrow brows.

            “he’ll get over it we only have a year left in college anyway so I’ll just have to wing it! I really envy DongWoon and YoungMin hyung already free form college.” he said raising a fist. JeungMin caught SiHwan’s eyes and decided not to say anything anymore.

            “so how was breakfast this morning? Eventful?” SiHwan asked knowing the answer.

            “appa and SaeHee had a shouting match again, she cried, umma finally stepped in and you know what happens when she does, appa lost.” JaeHee smiled widely. The 2 boys laughed as they walked towards JaeHee’s house.

Like SiHwan, JaeHee is very protective of his sister but unlike SiHwan he shows it publicly without any shame much to SaeHee’s dismay.

            “somehow I’m glad I don’t have a biological sister.” JeungMin said laughing. Of course they knew they all have sisters in the form of other SJ appas’ daughters.

            “hold on, do you smell something?” SiHwan said holding an arm out to stop the other 2.

            “yeah, something’s burning.” JeungMin said sniffing the air.

            “I think I know.” JaeHee said pointing at the house where the stopped. It was Kibum’s house. “what is GaYoon up to now?”

            “trying to cook again I’d say.” SiHwan said.

            “c’mon before something might explode again.” JeungMin said hurriedly walking away from the house

The 3 men walked faster and as they passed by Ryeowook’s how they heard the usual squabble of the twins’ IlWook and SungWook.

As they got to the front yard of Heechul’s house, SaeHee burst from the door then grabbed her brother’s wrists.

            “c’mon! I’m enrolling today!” she said in a rush running towards her brother’s car.

            “enrolling?! Yah! It’s still the middle of summer!” JaeHee shouted as his sister dragged him.

            “I’m not taking any chances! Appa might change his mind again and Shane, Xi Lin and XiaQin are dropping by later.” SaeHee shouted and threw the keys to her brother.

SiHwan and JeungMin laughed and just waved goodbye to JaeHee.

            “as much as JaeHee loves his sister, I bet this is the part where he hates being a big brother.” JeungMin commented amusedly waving to his bestfriend.

            “well, being a big brother has its pros and cons and knowing JaeHee he’s just glad his sister is relying on him rather than on someone else.” SiHwan grinned.

 

------------

well here's the first chapter! i hope you guys like it..i do have plans for this fic but if you do have some suggestions of scenes you want to see happen then feel free to tell and if it works i might use it..:D

and here's the full list of the SJ kids to avoid confusion..hihi

Leeteuk - JeungMin 20

Heechul - JaeHee 20, SaeHee 18

HanGeng - XiaQin 19

Yesung - twins JongJae(m) YoonJae(f) 19

Kangin - YoungMin 21

Shindong - DongWoon 21

Sungmin - MinJi 17

Eunhyuk - JaeHyuk 17, EunJi 15

Siwon - SiHwan 20, MiRan 18

ZhouMi - XiLin 16

Donghae - JoonHae 17

Ryeowook  - twins SungWook, Ilwook (m) 18

Kibum - Gayoon 16

Kyuhyun - twins MinHyun (m) MinAh (f) 18

Henry - Shane 15