Chapter 1

Everything Has Changed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

 

"So you're saying goodbye. You're breaking up with me."

"Yes." She answered him firmly.

"We promised that we're going to work things out, right?"

"But they won't." She's trying so hard to hold back her tears. Why can't he just let her go?

"Don't answer me curtly. Give me a proper explanation. You said you could stay here. What are you saying now? I love you more than anything. All these years together, are they nothing to you? Am I nothing to you now? You still love me, right?" Tears started forming in his eyes. He really cries easily.. but that doesn't make him less of a man to her. That's actually one of the reasons why she loves him so much.

“Don't make this harder. I love you. I'll always love you. But this is for the best. Please understand." Great. Now she is crying. She hates crying.

"Is this the best? Look, you're already crying. You hate that. We look pretty stupid crying. So don't do this. Please."

"I love you. Please forget about me." She kissed him for the last time and ran away before she could change her mind.

 

Reika woke up with a start.

"That dream again." She said to herself.

She had that dream every night since two days ago when she arrived in Seoul. She would have a different dream at first but it always ended with that scene.

She tried to shake it out of her head. She's going to enjoy again her vacation in Seoul. Her beloved parents forced her to take a vacation before taking over their empire of businesses. She was already prepared for it for so long but her parents wanted her to take a break. Reika rose from her bed and went straight to the bathroom. She had a feeling this day would be different from others.

Reika was wrong. Her day was a pretty normal one, strolling around tourist spots in the city and taking pictures. A lot has changed in Seoul ever since she left 8 years ago. Well, she didn't exactly live in the place but she got to visit from time to time. She went back to her hotel suite a little after 5pm. She decided to call room service for her dinner before calling her bestfriend.

 

"Yoboseyo? Reika-chan?"

"Moshimoshi, Sooyoung-a."

"Reika-chan! How are you? It's been a long time since your last call. I was starting to get mad at you."

"I'm sorry. Busy with work, you know."

"As always. You should get a vacation. Come back here in Korea! Go to Seoul!"

"I'm already here. I arrived two days ago. That's why I called."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter