One

Oh!

Kevin sighed as he dropped his homework onto his face, groaning under the pile of papers.

He still wasn't used to going to school, even though it had been two years since he was enrolled at Brave Brothers' High.

"Vinnie dinner's ready!" Heechul called from the living room.

Kevin sighed again and moved, causing the mound of unfinished essays to spill onto his bed.

He had been living with Heechul and Hangeng for two years now. 

After the 'girls' moved out of SM Institute most had moved in with their boyfriends.

Kangteuk had moved away to the big city a year ago, and eunhae ran a cafe down the road, having graduated from Brave Brothers.

Hangeng owned a dumpling store where Heechul worked on the days he had spare when he wasn't modelling. 

Heechul worked for a magazine modelling fashion lines, Kevin worked in a music store near Brave Brothers.

Everyone had graduated from Brave Brothers except Kyuhyun, Kibum, Henry and Ryeowook. 

Kevin stumbled from his room into the living room where Heechul was making the table.

Hangeng served up his famous Beijing Fried Rice just as Kevin sat at the table.

"Watch out, little customer coming through," Heechul cooed lovingly, steering his two year old son Tawmin to the table.

Little Taemin sat on his high chair, waiting to be fed food by his umma.

As Heechul spooned the rice into the child's mouth, he engaged Kevin in conversation.

"How was school today?" he asked, wiping Taemin's chin where the boy had spilled rice on himself.

Kevin sighed. "Dull. Can't I just leave and work part time? You know I hate school it's so pointless,"

"You will do no such thing young man. You will have opportunites in your life now that I'm around." Heechul said firmly. "I messed up our lives once I won't let you re-mess it up."

Kevin resisted the urge to roll his eyes. "You sound like my umma," he grumbled.

"I am your umma," Heechul said. 

It was true. Heechul had legally adopted Kevin a year ago, but Kevin had been through too much with Heechul to ever address him or treat him like a parent.

He was more of a brother than a guardian. 

"I don't like school. I wanna be a dancer," Kevin said.

"Well, when you graduate you can go to dance school, but right now you need an education. It's only for one more year," Heechul said soothingly. "You can even move out if you want,"

"Hyung!" Kevin cried. "I wouldn't leave you! Not ever again."

"Eli mentioned something about you moving in with him after this year," Hangeng said speaking up for the first time.

"He wants me to yeah. He's getting an apartment in Seoul, he wants me to move in so it'd be easier to pay the rent. But I don't really want to and i've told him that," Kevin said.

While Heechul was momentairly distracted by his cute son Kevin mumbled to himself, "I can't live with the man I love and stay quiet," 

This was going to be one painful year.