What is going on?

A Second Chance at Love

-Yunho's House, 9:30PM-
   There was something unexpected that was added to Yunho and Beni's friendship; it was a kiss. At first, it was Yunho inspecting Beni's lips since she accidentally burnt herself with the hot chocolate and the next minute, their lips are sharing contact. The Japanese woman was in complete astonishment of what's happening right now but she didn't dare to pull away. Yunho on the other hand, was still holding her face and pressing his lips against hers more closely than before.

 

    The next thing she knew was that her cup of hot chocolate was taken away before getting more intimate. Yunho tilted his head to have more access and Beni was still astonished by the situation. Should she follow his lead? She is the one who always dreamed of making Yunho hers but there was something that worried her the most, was the kiss for real? Beni didn't want to think about it as she wrapped her arms around Yunho's neck, bringing him on top of her, their lips still connected.

 

    The kiss was slow and sensual, just romantic. Yunho's hands ran up to her sides until he wrapped his arms around her petite waist, bringing her closer to him. Beni couldn't believe that this event was happening right now. She just wanted to get as much from Yunho as she could. Without warning, she wrapped on of her long, slender legs around the Korean man's waist. There was no reaction from Yunho so, that could have meant that Beni could continue with her administrations. Then, she felt Yunho's hand caressing her leg sensually which made her let out a moan between the kisses. By just hearing the moan, Yunho broke the kiss abruptly and got off Beni with an uneasy expression written all over his face.

 

    "I'm s-so sorry" Yunho stuttered his apology out, his hands shaking. "I didn't know what I was doing, really. Maybe is because it's been a while since I felt another female's lips" he continued and Beni could feel her heart break into a million pieces. "You were thinking about Stephanie, weren't you?" she daringly asked and Yunho's eyes widened in shock by the sudden question coming from Beni's mouth. What should he answer? "What are you talking about?" he asked back. "Maybe since you were kissing me so passionately that you were thinking of her knowing that it was me who you were kissing" Beni responded, trying not so to sound that hurt by Yunho's action a few moments ago. "Beni-ah listen, I'm just so confused right now. It's not easy for me" Yunho confessed, standing up from the sofa. "You don't have to say anymore, I get it. You love Stephanie way too much. This was just a mistake" Beni stood up as well. "But I want to get something out of my chest" her tone was serious now. Yunho turned his body to face her. "I wanted you to kiss me for as long as I could remember. For me, it wasn't a mistake. I thought I would let you know about it" she declared her words without twitching.

 

    "I think we should give each other some time to think but I we might have to keep contact for the sake of Jiyool. She doesn't have any idea of what's going on. Let's just not bring her into this, okay?" Beni explained further. "I agree with you. But are you sure that you are okay?" now it was Yunho's turn to become serious. Beni didn't want to lie to him; she was not ready to be honest because of the situation. "Why should I answer that?" "Don't answer my question with another question. Just give me a concrete answer" Yunho raised his voice a little bit. He was getting more than confused right now. For a moment, he wasn't even thinking about his late wife. He wanted the answers that he was looking for. "Why do you care? I'm just a helper, a friend who comes to your every need" Beni answered but Yunho wasn't satisfied, there was definitely something else. "I think I should go now" her voice cracked at the end of the sentence. Before she could reach the front door, Yunho blocked her way. "Really? Are you sure there's nothing else you want to tell me?" his gaze was a little bit intimating if you ask Beni.

 

    "It's not the time, just let me get pass" Beni was getting annoyed now and her eyes were getting watery all together. Yunho sighed and moved out of the way. "Fine, we'll talk later then" he added. "I hope so" and with that being said, Beni left, not forgetting to slam the door. Now that she was outside, Beni let her tears run freely from her beautiful eyes down to her cheeks. "Doesn't he know that I love him?" she sobbed and fell onto her knees with her hands wiping her tears away. What she didn't know was that Yunho heard what she said. "She loves me?" he asked himself in disbelief. No wonder Beni has been acting weird for quite some time. He wanted to go outside and embrace her but he was afraid that Beni would push him away. "I don't know how I even feel about you. Please forgive me" he said sadly, caressing the door.

 

    When he heard the engine of Beni's car fading away, he headed up to his room and sat on the bed thinking of the situation moments ago, the movie and the hot chocolate long forgotten. "What the hell came over me?" he groaned and held onto his forehead. Then he glanced at a picture of Stephanie on the wall. "I'm sorry if I made you sad. I just can't seem to move on without you" he confessed. Not only is he grieving over Stephanie all over again, but the kiss with Beni cause him to gain a new feeling, which he didn't knew what to call it.

 

    Beni couldn't stop sobbing during the car drive to her house. By just thinking about what Yunho said brought pain to her already swollen heart. "Why did I fell for him? Why did I let him kiss me?" she floored the gas pedal out of frustration and gripped on the steering wheel until her knuckles turned white. Just then, a song of the radio caught her ears. It was the song 'Only U' by the girl band Secret. When she heard the rap part, Beni just started to shed new tears. "Why am I even crying over this? We aren't even together" she chuckled bitterly at the fact and just turned the radio off. Her mind was just too clouded with thoughts already.

 

-Sakura View Buildings-
    When she finally reached her home, she just raced to the desired floor. She just wanted to empty the rest of her sadness with the hope that Erika wouldn't noticed. Yes, they are roommates and Beni didn't want to make her best friend curious. Beni inserted the card on the door knob and when the light turned green, she turned it slowly. Everything was dark inside which meant that Erika might be sleeping. Beni tiptoed to the living room and suddenly, the lights were revealing a concerned Erika. "It's late" she pointed at the wall clock. "I know" Beni simply said, trying to hide her face. "You were crying?" Erika stepped closer and examined her friend's face. Beni's face was all messed up. "No I wasn't" "You liar, of course you did. Your eyes are all red and your make-up is just messed up" Erika said concerned. "What happened?"

 

    Beni didn't know where to start explaining since a lot of stuff happened in one single day. She pulled Erika's wrists and both women sat on the pink leather couch. Beni took a deep breath before answering Erika's question. "Yunho kissed me" she whispered quietly and Erika palmed with both hands in pure shock. "WHAT?!" she shot up from the sofa, her eyes wide. "Can you keep it down?" Beni scolded the younger woman. "Hey, you can't blame me. Who wouldn't be surprised by what you just said? I want details" Erika defended herself and sat down again.

 

    "It's not as thrilling as you think" Beni's voice changed into a sad one. "What do you mean?" "He was thinking of Stephanie when he did so" Beni hanged her head low and started to sob again. Erika's heart broke when she saw her friend being so overwhelmed. She leaned forward and embraced her tightly. Beni returned the hug and cried hard on Erika's shoulder. "Why the hell did I f-fall in l-love with him?" the older woman sobbed. "He loves Stephanie way too much. It feels like I have to compete with a spirit and that everything I've done has been useless" she continued. "Doesn't he know that I'm the one who is in front of him?!"

 

    "Calm down, unnie" Erika said, rubbing Beni's back for comfort. "I just want him to notice me. Why is it so ing hard?" Beni asked, breaking the hug to wipe her tears. "Beni-chan, I know this is hard" Erika said softly, helping her friend in wiping her tears also. "I'm pretty sure Yunho oppa is grateful for the help you had given him these past months. Maybe he was just confused" Erika pointed out. "I think you might be right. But I'm just so upset. It's always me and Stephanie in the same sentence. To be honest, I sometimes get so annoyed on how he compares us like in every way, by everything I do" Beni confessed. Erika just felt really bad for her friend because of the situation she is going through. "Why did I fall in love with a widower?"

 

-Back at Yunho's House-
    The said man was still thinking about the event that happened between him and Beni. He seriously couldn't describe the feelings he was having at the moment. All he did was lain on the king size bed, a blank expression written on his handsome face as he stared at the white ceiling. Just then, the tears fell from his eyes. "I'm so sorry I made you sad, Steph" he whispered. A ringing noise interrupted his thoughts; it was his cellphone indicating that he had an incoming call. He stretched his hand out towards the nightstand and read the caller I.D. It was Changmin. Yunho was a little hesitant at first but decided to answer. "Yoboseo" he greeted. "Yoboseo hyung, I wanted to let you know that Youngie and I arrived safely" Changmin said and Yunho just hummed as a response. "Looks like you are very happy" Changmin said sarcastically. "I'm sorry, Min. It's just that something happened and I'm having some confused thoughts" Yunho explained, with a hard sigh following. "Really? What happened?" the younger of the two men asked in concern.

 

    Yunho wasn't even sure on how to tell his friend what he just did. He was just too mixed up in his own thoughts about the event. He took a deep breath before answering. "I kissed her" he confessed, it was more like a whisper and a gasp could be heard on the other line from Changmin. "Are you serious?" the younger man said shockingly and Yunho sighed. "Yeah, we were watching a movie while drinking hot chocolate and she burnt her lips by accident. When I'm checking on them, I don't know what came over me, I just leaned in a locked my lips with hers" Yunho explained. "But did you wanted to kiss her?" Changmin asked. "That's the thing. Like, I don't even know what happened to me. I'm torn between Stephanie and Beni"

 

    There was a brief silence for a moment until Changmin spoke again. "Do you regret it?" he asked the older man. Yunho didn't know what to answer him. "To tell you the truth, there was a part of me that wanted to kiss her but when I did, images of Stephanie just came into my mind. I feel like I'm cheating on her or something. I know that's a crazy thought but I just have these mixed feelings inside of me dying to come out" Yunho explained with an almost crying tone. Changmin felt bad for his hyung. "Not only that. When she left, I heard her say that she loves me. I don't even know what I feel for her. It's too much confusion" he added.

 

    "You know what? I ran into her at the market today and I can see that she really loves you, hyung" now it was Changmin's turn to be honest with Yunho. "Really?" "Yes, and I told her that she can be the perfect wife for you" Changmin continued but Yunho immediately interrupted him. "How could you tell her that? What the hell is wrong with you?!" Yunho almost shouted. Great, now his best friend is becoming a shipper. "Hey, no need to get touchy here. You know it's true. Can't you see the way she has been all these months with you? She has been there for you and Jiyool after Stephanie passed away. She never denied in helping you in whatever you needed. You guys are practically acting like a family already, but you don't see it because you are still attached to Stephanie" Changmin said in a serious tone.

 

    "Easy for you to say, you still have a wife. I lost mine, what do you want me to do? Stephanie has been the love of my life since childhood" Yunho's voice started to crack. Changmin couldn't help but to get emotional as well. "Listen hyung, I know you love and miss her, we all do. But do you think she will rest in peace if you keep pushing away this opportunity to love again? She even gave you the permission to be happy again if she passed away" Changmin pointed out with a sob included. He was usually a really strong person but now it was time to get weak along with his best friend. "My God, why are you making this so ing complicated, Min?" Yunho asked, the familiar tears falling once again. "None of you will ever understand how I feel because it hasn't happen to you. Tell me, how would you feel if Sooyoung died in a very tragic way like Stephanie did?! Answer me!!" Yunho shouted out of frustration boiling inside of him. The silence made Yunho chuckle bitterly. "You have nothing to say, huh? You don't even have the correct words in answering my difficult question" Yunho laughed without humor.

 

    All that Changmin was sob on the other line as part of the answer. How would he really feel if he lost Sooyoung, the love of his life? "You know? This is how I would feel if ever lost Sooyoung. I would feel devastated, useless, lost, melancholic and even suicidal because a part of my heart has been ripped away from me forever. But you know, if I had an opportunity to love again, I would take it because I know Sooyoung would want me to be happy and she would finally be resting in peace. That's my answer to your difficult question" Changmin practically spat his answer with his sobs included. Now it was Yunho's turn to be silent. Well, Changmin was right in some parts. Deceased people should rest in peace; death is part of human life. But for Yunho, it was something else. He never thought that it would hurt so much.

 

    "Listen, I know that this is a very difficult time for you right now. Just think things through and have a talk with Beni, okay?" Changmin's voice was soft now. "Hyung, you should realize what you have a great woman in front of you. I know that no one will ever take Stephanie's place in your heart, but you have the right to be happy. Beni will be your partner in life, she is perfect for you. Look, she won Jiyool, Jessica and us. All that's left to win over is you. She's trying very hard to make you notice her not as a friend, but as a partner. I know you think that what I'm saying is crazy, but believe me, it's not. Don't let a great opportunity slip away" Changmin continued. Yunho could feel his heart swirl with mixed emotions.

 

    "Well, I'll talk to you later. Take care of yourself, okay? Send Jiyool my love and say hello to Sica for me" "Alright. I'll talk to you later, goodnight" "Night" both lines were hung up. Changmin placed his phone on the nightstand and just sighed, wiping his tears away. "Are you okay now?" Sooyoung's voice made him jump in surprise. "For how long have you been standing there?" "Since I heard about your answer to what would you do if I died in a tragic way" Sooyoung answered and sat on her husband's lap. Immediately, Changmin wrapped his arms around her petite waist, bringing her closer to his body. "Minnie, you should know very well that if I ever die, I will be there to protect you. I will totally give you my permission to fall in love again, count on that. You deserve happiness" she gave him a wide smile and pecked his lips afterwards. "I don't know what Yunho oppa is waiting for because Beni is practically the perfect wife for him" Sooyoung pointed out. "I know Soo, but it's all depending on him now" Changmin reasoned and Sooyoung hummed as a response, agreeing with her husband. "Let's just see what happens" "I hope everything changes for the better once we head back to Kwangju"

 

    Yunho on the other hand couldn't stop sobbing; it wasn't that loud because he didn't want to wake Jiyool up in any way. Now, how will Jessica react to the situation? Maybe she will agree with Changmin too. Why is it so hard to let go of someone who is not by your side anymore? He got up from the bed and just walked around the mansion. The picture frames just giving him the past memories of his late wife; all he could do was cry more. "Stephanie, please forgive me" he whispered to no one in particular. He had to talk with Beni soon that is, if she wants to talk to him at all. He fished out his cell phone and dialed Beni's number. After three rings, the voice mail came out. The grip on the item got tighter as Yunho's thoughts were taking advantage of him once again. What's really going to happen between them from now onwards?

 

TBC

 


A/N: Okay fellow shippers and loyal readers of YunBe, the collection has been uploaed and the chapters will be posted very soon. Please subscribe, comment and upvote. It's time for this rare couple to shine.

Here's the link:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/454804/