57

Backstage Princess

 

“Don’t leave, stay with me.”

He swears the moment he heard she called his name, his heart jumps in excitement. He wants to hear it again and again, his name, coming out from her shaky lip. Her voice was cracking, his name was barely audible, yet he won’t mind. She called his name, finally she called his name. He almost jumps in air, throw a fist in air, and grin like an idiot if his mind didn’t remind him of Jieun’s pathetic condition.

And when she asked him to stay with her, his heart almost stop. He can’t believe his own ear, can’t believe the reality. She must be a complete mess up at the moment, unable to differ who is kind and who is cruel. She even trusted someone like him, someone who almost put her life on the edge and end it for sure. How much broken? How much confused she actually is?

He keeps his serious, gentle expression to comfort her. He turn his back against the door, closing it tightly, not letting any single wind blows in and caused her to shiver in cold. She looks fragile, vulnerable, and broken. Her perfect self has long been blown by the wind, being taken away. Her soul seems to have shaken.

He kneeled in front of her, gently holds her hand and calms her down in every contact they made. She flinches, every time they made contact, but soon getting used to it. He was kind enough to comfort her, to make her be comfortable and calm with every touch he made. He was being careful, not to break her, not to touch her in wrong places.

They stare at each other eyes. He looks at those confused and scared brown orbs, and manages to melt them down with his dark orbs. She was being a delicate glass, one wrong move and she will be torn apart. He has to heal her, he’s responsible for everything. If he didn’t force her to join the trip, something like this might have not happen at all.

“Jieun-ah, it’s going to be okay. Everything is going to be alright.” He holds her trembling hand tight, squeezing it.

He sits next to her, leaning closer against her petite figure, holding the urge to embrace her. Yes, it does, it is true. Sitting next to her and he could feel how helpless she is. He badly wants to heal her, he wants to fix her. He wants to gather her broken pieces and fix it.

“Jieun-ah, are you okay?” He wrapped his arms around Jieun, embracing her tightly.

She shook her head, as she buried her face to his chest. Her body trembles again, holding back her tears from flowing out like a raindrop. She clutches her fingers to his shirt, pulling it with all his strength, trying to bear the pain that keeps on engulfing her. She wants to cry, yet she has never been the one to show her pathetic self.

“Jieun-ah, cry. Just let it all out, cry. It’s okay to cry, I won’t tell anybody.” He patted her back, hugging her even tighter.

Then the sound of faint sobs echoed through the dark night, giving the night such a gloomy and sad aura as she cried in his embrace. He whispers words to her ears, encouraging her, and to comfort her. He desperately wants to heal her; he wants to be the one.

“I won’t leave, I will stay with you all night. It’s going to be okay; I will gather all your broken piece and heal you. I will fix you, don’t be scared.” He whispers.

I promise you, I will fix you. Trust me, please trust me once more. Give me a chance.


Jieun was leaning against his broad shoulder, sleeping peacefully next to him. Last night was such a long night, she feel so much better after letting all her tears flow out. The pain has slowly faded, although it has left her with so many scars and wound to heal. It was 8 in the morning; she must be too tired after what happen yesterday.

She blinks her eyes, rubbing it sloppily. Myungsoo was sleeping too, next to her, his head was on top of her. He looks so peaceful and calm; she can’t help but to look at him, observing his perfect figure. She smile, leaning against his broad shoulder and close her eyes, driving herself to another slumber.

“Jieun-ah, are you awake?” Myungsoo wakes up, soon after he felt Jieun snuggling closer to his chest.

She nods, still with her eyes closed. She was secured and warm inside his embrace, he manages to heal a part of her and chase away her insecurity. She feels comfortable and nice, although she was well aware about whom he really is and the risks of being alone together with someone like him. But she doesn’t really care; her head has been a mess up to be thinking of any other things.

“Jieun-ah, I want to get back and grab some stuff inside my room. I will be back soon, okay?” Myungsoo stares at her brown orbs, convincing her that everything will be just fine and he will be back very soon for her.

She nods again; was too dry to be used.

“Take care of yourself, Jieun-ah. We will talk later.”


Bang!

The door was slammed open, when Myungsoo found two figures, barely inch apart from each other. Nam Woohyun and Lee Ji Eun, the two was barely an inch away. Well, if it’s their body, he won’t mind that much. But their face was only an inch away; their nose tip even brushes each other. They’re staring at each other eyes, sweetly.

Without thinking much, he grab Jieun’s arm and pull it away from his enemies, claiming her as his. He shot deathly glares at him. He just left for an hour, well, it’s longer than expected. He needs to grab some stuff and bring some food, not to forget to clean himself. And now, he needs to see how close Woohyun and Jieun are. He could make sure that will kiss if he’s a minute late.

“What are you doing here?” Woohyun too, shot a deathly glare at the stranger.

“Of course to visit her.” Myungsoo said nonchalantly.

“Who allowed you to?”

“She let me to.”

“Wake up! You are day dreaming, one crazy bastard!” Woohyun curses at him.

“N… no... Woohyun, its okay. He- let him in. It’s okay.” She said, between their fights, before the two starts to curse each other.

“What do you mean, Jieun?”

“I said its okay, Woohyun. Just go and find Jiyeon.” She said, firmly after gathering herself.

“See, go away, Woohyun. She wants you to find Jiyeon.”

“Shut up! Careful, Jieun. He’s a dangerous person.”

Woohyun figures slowly fade away, after slamming the door closed, giving the two some private time. Jieun was fresh, with her new clothes on and almond brown hair fall perfectly over her shoulder. She looks rather fine and new, yet you can’t ignore her puffy-red-eyes from too much crying.

“You look fine!” Myungsoo exclaim, pulling her to another hug.

“You are late! I was waiting for you an hour ago!” Jieun pushes the man ago, pouting cutely.

“Well, I’m sorry. I need to bring you some breakfast right?” Myungsoo handed her a plastic bag.

“Bread for two. I will be eating together with you.” Myungsoo sat next to her, on the bed.

“I don’t really like bread for breakfast actually. But well, thank you for your hard works.” She smiled to him, making his heart jumps for a moment.

“So we’re actually fine now?” Myungsoo asked, out of the blue, bringing their moments down.

It was a suffocating silence with no answer. Jieun wasn’t brave enough to answer the question, throwing her gaze to the ground, holding bread on her hand, without biting them. Suffocating silence, as pain hit Myungsoo once more. So they did have a long way to go, such a shame.

“Tell me honestly, Myungsoo. Why would you do that to me? Why would you hurt me?” She asked, finally staring at his dark orbs.

Myungsoo let out an empty laugh, smiling like an idiot, a smile of regrets. He ruffles his hair in frustration and desperately heaves a sigh. He will have to answer that one question. He has done something so wrong to her; he will have to fix it.

“It will sound so lame, Jieun. My reason, it’s stupid, childish, and lame.”

“I won’t laugh.”

“But it will still be childish. A cool man like me finally has done something stupid and childish.”

“Everyone has made mistakes.”

“Mine was unforgivable to you, yes?”

“I tried hard, Myungsoo. That is why I want to know your reason.”

“Remember how we two go on a date on Saturday. We went to your house right? I asked you to bring there, I was unable to suppress my curiousity. You are talking with one of your servants and I was wandering around the house.”

“We’re supposed to be fake, Jieun. We really are supposed to be fake. No real feelings, no pain, no hurting, plain relationship, a fake one. Yet when you tell the woman that you don’t love me at all, I was… it was painful for me. It hit me hard and I was very angry. I don’t like it at all, not the slightest bit. I don’t like the fact that you don’t love me.”

“I don’t know what to do, Jieun. I was frustrated and… it just happens. That one childish, stupid act. I wasn’t even thinking about what I was doing. It was one idiot…”

“No, I understand. I’m sorry.” Jieun said, as he ruffles his hair once again.

“I’m sorry, Jieun. You don’t have to forgive me. You are not supposed to love me, what you said that day was understandable.”

“I’m here, Myungsoo. I’m here, with you.”

He pulled her into a hugs without much more words. He hugs her tightly, inhaling each and every scent of her. He let her warm took over his body. He hugs her tight, almost breaking her apart. She stays still, burying her face to his chest once again. Myungsoo kisses her hair, shocking her a bit. But she soon calm herself down and smile in his embrace.

Finally, it’s their moment.