26 : Sunday Date

Backstage Princess

 

“We should go on a date.” A frank opinion escapes Myungsoo’s mouth.

“Why should we?” Jieun complains while gasping.

Today, again, a week after they officially dating, Jieun was drag to Myungsoo classroom. Of couse, after so much hard work persuading her. Even after a week, spending most of their time together, nothing has really changes. Instead, it has cause Jieun a waste of time, not being able to be with her friend. Although the fact that she and Woohyun have already made up was quite exciting.

“We have been dating, Jieun. At least, that is what people think. However, we have been dating backstage.”

“I don’t think it’s a problem. That way, we don’t have to show up more frequently and I don’t have to spend much time with you.”

“Backstage really does fit you, shy little princess. Jieun-ah, you are not that much naïve, aren’t you? People will start doubting us. We never appear together or go home together. You keep on avoiding me, and the fact that you spent quite a lot of time with Woohyun. He has already kissed you, Jieun.”

“What would you do if I rejected it? You can’t do anything to Pil Suk. Thanks to you, her condition hasn’t been better.”

“Do you want me to tell everyone to bully her again? So that when she came back, she will be depressed all over again.”

“You should cut my wrist then. Because the next time you do something like that again to her, you would never see me again.”

“Just go on a date with me, Jieun. I don’t want to argue with you.”

“Myungsoo, I will be honest this time. Pil Suk hasn’t woken up yet and she may never wake up again. Woohyun has warned me, not to raise my hopes high. That’s why I’m begging you, when she wakes up, don’t hurt her.”

It’s been almost a month, ever since Pil Suk undergoes her surgery. She hasn’t woken up yet. Every day, Jieun would bring her many stuff and talks to her for hours. She treated her as a person that still alive and conscious. She stays up late every night and she rarely goes home. She would stay at the hospital on weekend, while Mrs. Jung would go home and get some rest.

The fact that the doctor has yet to release a statement about her current condition is even more worrying. Jieun has been carrying too many burdens lately, about her love, her sister, her family, her friends, Kim Myungsoo, and other things. And a date would be too burdensome to her.

“I have things to do, Mr. Kim.” Jieun said.

“You are not a busy person, Jieun. What would you be doing on Sunday?”

“Visiting Pil Suk.” Jieun answered shortly.

“You have been visiting her every day. Taking a day off wouldn’t be so bad.”

“It’s not enough. I need to be there for her. You are not an understanding person, Myungsoo. You don’t know how I feel.” Jieun said calmly. It’s her charm, after all, being calm.

“Just go on a date with me. Please, Jieun-ah, on Sunday. Then, I wouldn’t bother you for the rest of the week.”

He said please. Jieun could never understand him. Sometimes, he’s cold and rough toward her. And some other time, he would be sweet and gentle to her. Those eyes could turn cold and fierce but at times it could also turn warm and gentle. There are just too many sides of him. It’s difficult just to know who really is, even if she tried to ask Hoya, it wouldn’t help much.

“Okay, then.” Jieun sighed before agreeing.

“Hoya will come with us. We will takes a lot of pictures. That is why you should be ready for a holding hands scene, hugging scene, laughing scene, walking together scene, romantic scene, and many others.”

“And where will you take me?”

“Just relax, Jieun. I won’t take you to weird places.”

“I need to know, Myungsoo. You don’t want me wearing a gown when we’re having an outbound or me wearing a sport clothes when we’re going to a ball.”

“Okay, then. An amusement park wouldn’t be so bad. And if we have enough time, we will have some fun at the mall.”

“No matter how good you have prepares it, I could never enjoy it Myungsoo. Since it’s you I’m going with.”