Under The Christmas Light

Under The Christmas Light

Its Christmas night..... Couples holding hands and smiling at each other as they walked down the road. Trees covered with lights seemed shine on them wishing them a forever happiness... Families were chatting with each other... Scattered families seemed to union on this day.... Beggars look upon on the Christmas tree and somehow their heart felt like its being filled.... The Christmas trees seemed to shine on everyone wishing them a eternal happiness and fortune...

By the roadside, the wind swifted down as it brushed against the green grasses and down generating a tiny wave on the river as it continued down and disappeared. The sky above it seemed darker than usually bring out the dispersed stars.

Under the murky sky,  a man stared at the seemed more shining stars. He took a slip of the cigarette in-front of him and sighted nebulously, he regretted it. He hate his own stereotype against ual oration. How many years had it been since the confession he thought as he took another slip of the cigarette.

“ Four years... “ he muttered to himself.

He could still remember concisely about him and the confession from an adorable guy that he loved but rejected.......

I rubbed the novice bruise on my face as I ringed the door bell and within a minute the door opened in-front of me. My best-friend, Yesung look at my bruise then sighted and invited me in.

“ Here, drink this first, I go get the aid box. “ he handed me a cup of warm water. I smiled and hugged him as a thank you. For some reason he sighted and struggled to get free and went inside his room to search for his aid box.

I sat down and took out the box of cigarette from my pocket. The fire spark at one end s I took a slip on the other side. Just for a few seconds... I dim it out when he comes back.. As I heard the foot step coming closer, I tried to dim out the fire, however, it just won’t dim out.

“ Here, it’s fine. “  Yesung handed me a cigarette ashtray.

“ I’m sorry. I know that you hate the smell of cigarette in your house. “ I apologized at the in-convince.

“ It’s fine. From now on you don’t have to restrain yourself. I’m not your anyone.” He whispered lowly yet I could still hear the word concisely.

“ So which one is it this time?” Yesung asked me liked a regular routine.

“ Victorie...”

“ Vicetorie, the girl that everyone adores? “

“ Yeah.. “

“ What did you do?” Yesung sulked his eye brows on me.

“ Wait a minute, what do you mean what did I do? I’m the victim here. She slapped me! “ I exclaimed and pointed at the novice bruise and felt pissed off that he is pointing the arrow at me.

“ Well, you must had done something that made her slapped you right?” Yesung defeated his position.

“ um.... well... “ I lost my previous courage...

“ I felt pity for the girls. What do they see in a jerk like you?” Yesung sighted at me again for the third or fourth time?

Although, I was depressed by the insult, however, I replied with a laugh and a answer of, “ Of course because I’m handsome!!! “

Then, we had up by having a meal and some drinking.

Somehow, I don’t know when it had became a routine that that I would shared about all the details with my girlfriends to him. Then, after I gotten slapped or dumped by my girlfriend, I would go ring Yesung’s doorbell and he would always opened the door for me. Then he would scoff at me and I would defeat my position. However, he would fight back and at the end I would lost and get insulted at. Afterward, I would just laughed it off and we made up by having a meal and some drinking.

Somehow, I wished his door would always open up for me. However, I know that day would come when he got feed up with my puerile personality. Yet, the reason that caused the door forbidden from me is unexpected.


~*~

I rubbed the novice bruise on my face as I ringed Yesung’s doorbell, however it didn’t open within a minute. I ringed for the fifth time and somebody went out and open the door. It’s Yesung. I was pissed off that he made me wait outside on this cold winter for such a long time.

“ So you are at home.” I said scarcity even knowing that I had no right to scorn at him. Additionally, I know that my infantile personality would annoyed him off one day. Yet, I can’t bring myself without this friend.

“ Siwon .... “ he saided with a soft yet hollow tone behind me.

“ What.” I replied briefly.

“ Don’t come here anymore....” he said with the same.

I turned around, facing him and furiously said, “ What! I know that I’m annoying but you don’t have to say that! We had been friend for about 5 years. I know that my infantile personality annoys you, but you are the only one that I could complain to!”

Somehow, I was at the vague of tear, I don’t know why back then. Maybe that time is when the god give the sign that I love him not as merely a friend.... However, maybe I’m really puerile back then that I cared more about my pride more than pure love.

As Yesung saw the tears hanging on my eyes, he panicked. of course, he would panicked, he never seen me cry before. Now I think about, there is one time that Victorie asked me a weird question, “ Had you ever cried for anyone before?” At that time, I can’t seemed to give her an answer because I had never cried before.....

“ I don’t meant it by that way, Siwon.... “

“ What way do you meant it by then!!! “ I said with my sandy voice trying to drive him out a answer.

“ I meant I like you. No. I meant that I love you not as just friend... more like in the lover way...” Yesung confessed to me.

“ You like me? That’s disgusting. “ I abruptly burped out without think about Yesung’s feeling. That time. when Yesung confessed to me, a lot was going on in my head. The reason why I was crying became cleared to me. However, I just can’t accept my own feelings. After, the painful look on Yesung’s face made me realized what I had done to the one that I love to escape from my own feelings.

AN: Sry for the grammar mistake.... It's un- betad... Hope u like it. XD