Humdrum

Humdrum

 

She sat there, unaware of her surroundings as she played loudly with the small gadget in her hands, concentrating on killing the green fat annoying pigs. She cursed loudly when the green pigs laughed at her, screamed in victory when she managed to defeat the king of the green pigs. She’s quit good at this she concluded. Not as good as Jinki but good enough for her to collect some of those gold eggs.
 
There are no more games to play and she is bored. She huffed loudly, her soft brown curls bounced lightly when she yawned and stretched her tired body. Since there’s nothing else to do, she talked. She talked to herself about herself, her dogs, her neighbors, her cute pink manicures and most importantly, she talked about people. Good normal boring people.
 
People stared at her. They were mumbling with hushed tone but she can still clearly hear them.
 
Freak they say but she didn't care. She did what she wanted to do. She’s in her own world and she intended to stay there for now because she is just so so bored and those people can’t entertain her. Not right now at least.
 
A sudden pat on her shoulder made her turned around. A lank boy with a bright red hair greeted her gleefully. Those full lips stretched into a meaningful smile and she can’t help but to return it back with a smile of her own.
 
“Let’s go.” He said and she nodded. She stood up, straightening the crooked line of her frilly blouse. She took a full stride in her red stilettos, a stark contrast from her white outfits, clacking loudly in the hospital. They went unnoticed as people were busy minding their own business and couldn't care less about an insane girl with a pair of loud red stilettos.
 
The red haired boy shuffled alongside her, hands busy with his own tiny little gadget humming softly to an unrecognized tune. She wanted to ask about that interesting little toy but she supposed she’ll save her curiosity for later. Now she just wanted to get out of this boring old place as soon as possible.
 
Rays of sunlight greeted her as soon as she stepped out of the door. Fresh air she said as she breathed like she never breathe before. Hospital’s air suffocated her and she’s glad for she can breathe normally now
 
Few steps away from the old building, she turned around and took one last look at the yellowish moldy building. She never liked that place. Too old, too smelly, too dull.
 
She bid her last goodbye as she fumbled with her gadget searching for the nice pink button on it. She pressed it gleefully, enchanted as the magic started to work.
 
A loud explosion, fire and screams. A nice little present for the sane people in there.