Final

We're Sorry Sungjong [Sequel]

 

Sungjong sat on his bed after finished packing all of his stuffs. He wondered what other members are doing right now. News about his departure was not spread to the media yet. When he met his CEO last time, he personally asked his boss to wait until a week before release any statement. He was afraid media will start to chase his hyungs when they still deal with his departure. It will be hard for them and Sungjong certainly didn’t want that to happen.

Thinking about it again, Sungjong realized that no one notice that he was not with Infinite anymore. Not the media, nor did the fans. It just made him think how small he is that even his disappearance just went unnoticed. His evil mind kept saying that he was no longer needed in the industry and no one cares about him anymore.

“Have you checked all of your belonging?” Sungjong was shocked when Mrs. Lee entered his room and sat beside him on the bed. “Make sure you don’t left anything,” She added.

“Okay, thanks omma,” Sungjong simply replied. This evening, he will head to Japan to continue his study, or to be exact running away from his idol life. Yeah, that fits more.

Mrs. Lee’s eyes wondering around the room to make sure her beloved son didn’t left anything important in the room. “Wait,” She said suddenly and walked across the room. “You didn’t want to bring this?” She took a frame of Sungjong with other Infinite members on the table. The picture was taken when they just debuted and Mrs. Lee knew how much Sungjong value it.

Sungjong, on the other hand, froze. He purposely left the frame, afraid his heart can’t take it. What if he sees the picture and misses his hyungs? What if he wants to see them again?

As if she can read her son’s mind, Mrs. Lee walked to Sungjong and put the frame in his hand. “Bring it dear,” Sungjong just stiffen. “Memories are meant to be treasured, not forgotten. Now I’m asking you again, are you sure of your decision Sungjong-ah? Do you really want to leave Infinite?”

This time, Sungjong can’t bring himself to lie. There’s something in his mom’s tone that made his heart in agony. A sudden wave of tears came in his eyes as he started to sob. “I’m sorry omma,” He muttered slowly. Mrs. Lee hugged her son lovingly, his hair with mother’s love. “It’s okay son.”

“I’m sorry for disappoint you,” Sungjong’s voice cracked from the crying but he felt better when his mom kept repeating ‘it’s okay. Everything’s going to be okay’.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Sungjong checked his luggage again, this time make sure he brought the picture frame. His father will send him to airport in an hour.

Hyungs. He sighed when the thought of his beloved people came in his mind, instantly made him felt the loneliness. Sungjong must face that he’ll be alone after this. But he can adapt. Why not, when he used to be neglected by his hyungs.

Sungjong walked to the kitchen to find his mom preparing meals. “Omma, I’m going to the lake for a while,” He said and replied by a nod from his mom.

The lake is a special place for him. He cried a lot there, sharing his emotion with nature.  Everytime he needs some comfort, he’ll go there, smelling fresh air added with a hint smell of woods and grass which he like it so much. Sungjong is not a type that share his problems with others, so he prefer being alone.

He was halfway to the lake (that quite far away) when something caught his eyes. There’s a red-coloured folded paper on the ground with a note: Take Me.

Sungjong looked around him and realized he was alone there.  His hand instantly reached the paper and opened it.   

RED: THE GURDIAN

He was deemed to be the strongest in group. He was totally in control of what he does, always thinking about others. He will never cry and show his weakness. Sadly, he was just a human with flaws. He failed to see what he supposed to see. At last, he failed as the guardian.

“What is this?” Sungjong said to no one. His eyebrows wrinkled as he looking through the paper, but didn’t find anything strange. Sungjong folded the paper back when he thought that it was just a note and someone might have dropped it there.

Decided to just continue his journey, Sungjong walked through the small roads with full of trees on its both side. The paper was still in Sungjong’s hand when he encountered another paper with the same note: Take Me accept this time it is an orange-coloured paper. Again, he decided to open it.

ORANGE: THE SUNSHINE

He was full of energy. Entertaining others was part of his job. He shines through everyone’s life. He believes every problem will solve by smiling. But smile isn’t enough. Sadly, the sunshine failed to bright everybody’s lives when he came to realization that one of his close friends had lost his smile. At last, he failed as the sunshine.

Sungjong froze when he saw the last line. ‘Lost his smile’. It reminded him of himself, when his sadness became oblivious to the other hyungs. When the genuine smile gradually leaves his lips and replaced with the fake one.

The two papers was still mystery for him but he decided to ignore it. The steps were continued until again, he saw the next paper, a yellow-coloured this time.

YELLOW: THE PEACEMAKER

He knew how to lighten the tense atmosphere. He was a peacemaker in the group. Always picked the right topics to let others forgot they are in the middle of argument. Sometimes, he cracked stupid joke to make others smile again. And it worked. The group was rarely in any bad terms anymore so he thought he was not needed. What he didn’t know was the reason why the group became like that. It was because they’re not close like they used to be.  At last, he failed as the peacemaker.

“Why is everyone failed?” Sungjong said out loud. He didn’t like how the writing (or the stories, he prefer) ended. It just reminded it of himself. Unconsciously, Sungjong became anticipated of the next note if it ever had. Sungjong walked faster to see if there’s new note. And it did. The green-coloured paper was easy to see, lying on the road. Sungjong took it and opened it eagerly.

GREEN: THE HARD-WORKER

What he dreams, he’ll reach it through hard works. He willing to starve, having less sleeps than others, and even hurt himself. He thinks the hard works will get him the recognition and made him success. And he was true. It did, except the hard works made him neglected people around him. He realized being a hard-worker can’t bring pure happiness. At last, he was failed as a hard-worker. 

Sungjong bit his lips when the note made him remembered his tough time with his hyungs during their trainee days. They can’t eat after 6pm and practice for 18 hours straight at some points. Hoya was the most diligent one. He sacrificed a lot to reach his dream and Sungjong admired him for that.

It was not long before Sungjong met the next paper, a blue colour. Without any hesitation, he unfolded the paper.

BLUE: THE HUMORIST

He is willing to do anything to make people laugh. Sometimes, he wore a stupid wig with heavy make up just to cheer up people. His talent was not in waste when he got a chance to entertain more people. Everyday he brought laugh to the audience. He thought he succeeds in entertaining everyone but sadly, there’s a boy who not laugh with his humor anymore. And the boy was his close dongsaeng. At last, he failed as the humorist.

Failed again? Sungjong thought. The description in all the paper looked like a roleplay to him, in which everyone faced a failure. He hoped at least someone will succeed, not like him. Looking back at the blue-coloured paper, he hoped it didn’t end yet. There should be someone who succeeds, so the cute boy continued his journey that almost ends.

Sungjong’s eyes lighten when he saw another paper. He quickens his pace to the indigo thing on the ground with anticipation.

INDIGO: THE LOVER

He loves to love everyone. For him, money can buy anything but love. Through his warm hug, everyone feels his love. Sometimes, he snuggles through one’s sleep just to not be alone. Time past by and he got a lot stronger. Stronger until he didn’t feel the need of love anymore, and leave people who still need his love. At last, he failed as the lover.

Now, can you guess the last colour?

 The last question made Sungjong frowned. He looked around again, and there are no other people there. He didn’t know if all the notes are meant for him or he just a random stranger who get caught in the situation. Looking back at all the paper in his hand, the beautiful boy arranged from the first note to the last one. Red, orange,yellow,green,blue,indigo.

“There’re six colours. Wait, it’s the rainbow colours. Even the arrangement is same. So I guess the next colour is violet?” Sungjong grinned after managed to solve the puzzle.

The boy tried to find the violet-coloured paper but there’s nothing there. He then continued his steps to the lake, hoping he’ll find it there.

His eyes were glancing around the lake but they couldn’t find the last paper.

“Are you looking for this?” A sudden voice jolted Sungjong from his position. He quickly turned around and the sight made him widen his eyes. It was Sunggyu, holding a violet-coloured paper. Behind him were another five Infinite’s members, smiling at the maknae.

“Sun-Sunggyu hyung! Hyungs? What are you doing here?” Sungjong refrained himself from jumping to his hyungs. He missed all the members crazily but he’s at fault here. He left them silently and now he felt ashamed. Seeing the members face again instantly made Sungjong tear up.

“Read this first,” the paper changed hand between the leader and the maknae. Sungjong was hesitant at first but decided to read the content.

VIOLET: THE LIGHT

Sungjong is the light. That shone everybody, guiding them through the darkness. He is willing to sacrifice himself so the hyungs will get more recognition. He never pushed other members so he will notice more by fans. He always stands at the back, nodding through his hyungs every word. He made a way for people to achieve their success without thinking of himself. But now, the hyungs lost their light. They are in the darkness with Sungjong. The felt extremely guilty for not appreciate the light one time ago. They can’t live in the darkness. So, Sungjong please became their light again because you’re the only one that didn’t fail as the light.

Rainbow cannot be called as a rainbow without a colour. Infinite cannot be called as Infinite without a member. Hyungs are sorry Sungjong.

Sungjong’s tears started to flow as he finished reading the paper. Hoya slowly steps forward and hugged the maknae. “I miss my roommate,” He said. He was soon joined by the other members as they formed a group hug.

“Please come back to us again. We need our maknae,” Sunggyu added.

Sungjong was sobbing as he uttered his words. “I’m sorry hyungs. I’m not stronger like all of you. I’ve failed as Infinite member.”

Myungsoo suddenly grabbed his face and looked through his almond-shaped eyes. “No you’re not. If there’s someone who need to apologize, then it’s us not you. You’re a great and strong maknae. Please Sungjong, don’t leave Infinite.”

Dongwoo and Woohyun were crying silently at the back. The words can’t escape their mouth as they choked their own words. Sungyeol soon joined Myungsoo to persuade the maknae as he took Sungjong’s both hands and gripped it tightly. “Sungjong, I promise I will take care of you more. Please.” He pleaded.

Sungjong looked through everyone’s eyes and see the hope there. He still battling but seeing all his hyungs touched him at the inner part of his heart. The cute boy slightly nodded and smile. “Will you still accept me as Infinite maknae?” He asked.

“What are you talking about. You never left Infinite in our hearts,” Sunggyu replied and ruffled his dongsaeng’s hair.

Dongwoo finally managed to laugh and jumped in Sungjong’s embrace while muttering a repeated ‘thank you’.  

“But hyung, how do you know I’m here?” Sungjong suddenly remembered.

“Your mom said you always came here. So she said you’ll come here before left Korea. Mother instinct I guess,” Hoya answered.

“Sungjong, you’re not going to Japan. You’re going to our dorm again okay,” Sungyeol shouted happily.

“But the CEO..” Sungjong said, slightly anxious.

“Don’t worry, we’ve talk to him and he has no problem with that,” Woohyun patted the maknae’s back slowly.

“Come on, let’s go. We have a big party ahead in our dorm,” Myungsoo said and took Sungjong’s hand. They walked back in triumph. The mission to bring Sungjong back was success.

Hyungs, thank you. Sungjong said in his heart. He gripped the violet-coloured paper tightly in his hand with new determination. To continue becomes everyone’s light.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I don't have anything to say. I'm just sincerely apologize for the late of update. I'm sorry and thank you for reading  -suki-

This fic made me think of this video: