Part 2

We're Sorry Sungjong [Sequel]

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Sunggyu walked to the living room only to see Myungsoo lying lazily beside Woohyun on the couch. “Ya, I thought you have to shot for your drama today?” He asked.

“No, we will be rest for a week before continue.” Myungsoo replied half-heartedly. Sunggyu knew he was lying, instead every one of them were lying that they got no schedule and such when they’re actually still cannot accept Sungjong departure. He himself cannot accept it but Sungjong knew the best for himself and they cannot stop it. Ever since they got busy with personal schedules, Sungjong will be left at home and now the six of them were at home with the missing maknae. The table was turned and his heart hurts whenever he thinks about it.

Woohyun completely ignore Sunggyu and Myungsoo conversation as his eyes fixed at the television. He was watching a horror movie that Sungjong recorded last week.

“Hyung, let’s watch this movie together,” Sungjong approached him as soon as he came out from the bathroom.

“I have something else to do Jongie,”

“But hyung, it’s been quite some time since we watch movie together,” the young boy pleaded.

“I’m busy okay. I have many things to do and I don’t have that much free time like you to watch a freaking movie.” He doesn’t know what’s gotten in him that day when he barked at Sungjong. His head was a mess with his solo album preparation and Sungjong became his victim.

“I’m sorry,” is all Sungjong said before walked away to his room and today, that broken voice seemed to echoed in his head repeatedly. He shut his eyes tightly before muttered a weak ‘i’m sorry too’.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Sunggyu moved his legs to Dongwoo’s room to see what others are doing. Sungyeol was sleeping while Dongwoo was playing with a weird toy with a sheepish smile on his face. It was Sungjong’s present for him and he’s been playing with the toy nonstop since Sungjong left. “Dongwoo, can you stop playing with the toy? Have you had your lunch yet?”

Dongwoo action was halted as he looked at the leader. His smile already gone from his face after Sunggyu’s words. “Hyung.... I love this toy. Sungjong....” His eyes start to brim with water as he continued. “He knows my taste. I love this toy. I love Sungjong, hyung. I miss him.” Dongwoo finally burst into tears.

Sunggyu blinked his eyes repeatedly so the tears will not escape his eyes. He needs to be strong as a leader and comfort the others. He made his way to Dongwoo and hugged the second oldest in the group. “Shhh, I know I know. Sungjong is great to know your taste. And he picked a nicest sunglass in the world for me too.” Sunggyu shifted his eyes to the other parts of the room since he’ll be crying too if he looks at Dongwoo but instead, his eyes caught something else. There, on the bed. Sungyeol’s tears were escaping silently with his eyes still shut. The choding was only pretended to sleep and Sunggyu decided to just let him be. Because Sungyeol, as well as the rest of infinite members love Sungjong too.

 ____________________________________________________________________________________

The place that Hoya really hates right now is his room. Simply because it reminded him of his maknae, Infinite maknae. Eventhough it’s been three days since Sungjong left, the scene of the boy didn’t left the room, or so he thinks. Sometime, he’s delusional thinking that Sungjong is still in the dorm, sleeping on his upper bunk bed, and every morning Sungjong’s sweet voice will wake him up. It always was Sungjong that wake him up everyday, because the boy knew the exact way to raise him from his deep slumber.

Hoya had tried to contact Sungjong countless times after he leaving but only reached the machine voice.. It’s like Sungjong purposely avoid them. The Infinite members also asked the CEO for his address but their boss asked them to respect Sungjong’s decision and it could be hard for him too.

“Hyung, you can go to sleep now. You must be tired. I’ll help you to switch off the lamp.” After he entered his room, he can’t help but flashed back how Sungjong really took care of him when he’s busy with Infinite H promotion. Even when the maknae are lying on the upper bed, he will instantly climbed down and greet the older with encourage words.

His legs unconsciously made its way to the Sungjong’s closet and he stood there for a good few minutes before open it. It was empty like three days ago, and two days ago and yesterday. He opened it everyday because his eyes can’t believe the now-empty closet. He pulled the drawer in it and it was of course, empty. Again, he stared blankly, not long before his eyes caught something like a pieces of paper deep in the drawer.

Without thinking twice, his hand reached for the thing and pulled it out. It was a yellow-coloured letter.

From: Min Young

To: Sungjong oppa.

Even he still didn’t open it yet, he knew it was a fan letter for Sungjong. His hands slowly opened the letter with curiosity.

Sungjong oppa,

I really adore you. I’m your biggest fan and I’ve met you on Infinite fan meeting last year. You’re really handsome oppa, and you smile at me too! That made me loves you more.

But recently, you looked sad oppa. Your smile didn’t seem genuine anymore. Are you feeling sad because other members are doing well individually? Are you bored at home without Infinite activities? I can see that oppa. You must be hurt. But I’ll always support you because I love you so much.

Hoya didn’t bother to continue reading because he finally realize. It hits him straight at the heart. Sungjong was hurt... because of them. What’s more pathetic is it took a fan letter to realize him. The outsider can see what they cannot when they even live at the same place, sharing a bedroom.

___________________________________________________________________________________

They all gathered at the living room after Hoya called to say something important. The members gave the rapper a puzzled look as they circling him.

“Guys, look what I found,” Hoya raise the letter to get the attention. “It’s a letter, from Sungjong’s fan to him”.  He soon read the content out loud so the others could hear him. The atmosphere instantly turned quite as soon as he finished reading the letter.

Dongwoo broke the scene when he started to sob. There’s no word escaping their mouth when one by one of the members start to cry. Tears just made its ways down their eyes with a regret feeling.

“Hyung, it’s all our fault,” Sungyeol said while sobbing.

“We’re blind hyung. To see this early,” Myungsoo added. Their eyes were red from the crying.

“We need to get him back,” Sunggyu said in determination as he wiped his own tears. They need to pay their regret by bringing back their maknae.

“Let’s go now hyung,” Woohyun stand up immediately.

“No,no. Wait. We need to settle ourselves first. How can we meet Jongie with this awful faces. And you all know Sungjong is really stubborn. We need to plan so he’ll realize that he’s important for us and Infinite. I’ll get his address from our boss and we’ll go there tomorrow.” Sunggyu made a wise decision when all the members nodded in agreement.

“And we’ll need to plan for a comeback party ahead,” Hoya added, and again everyone nodded with one determination. To bring Infinite’s maknae back. 

________________________________________________________________________________

another chapter and all done. What plan they think of? erm...