16 – The Girl Who fell sick

The Girl Who...

 

The tall girl slumps onto her bed instantly right after getting back from the party. It's not that she hates parties, but she hates formal parties. She can play all day long without getting tired but having to stay polite and converse elegantly isn't her cup of tea. Which is why she always get Yoona to do the explaining and negotiating when they are meeting a client.


"Master, you have to change out of the dress first before you sleep." The doe-eye girl informed, holding up the tall girl's pajamas in one hand, and a basin of water with a towel in another. The tall girl sighed and got up, changing into her pajamas with the doe-eye girl's back facing her, before lying back down again. The doe-eye girl uses the wet towel to wipe her face gently, but she got irritated.

"Aish... I want to sleep!" Sooyoung swings her arm violently, accidentally flipping the whole basin over and spilling all its content onto the doe-eye girl. "... Crap. Sorry..."

The doe-eye girl looks at her wet clothes for a moment, then to the tall girl, before leaning forward to continue to wipe Sooyoung's face with the towel.

"Jeez... You're all wet yet you still care about wiping my face first." Sooyoung sighed, not knowing what to do about this girl.

"It's not good to sleep with make-up on, Master." Yoona replied, wiping off the make-up carefully before exiting the room with the basin and coming back with a rag to clean up the water on the floor. Seeing that, Sooyoung sighed and closed her eyes, drifting into her dreamland soon after. Yoona got up from the floor and pulled the blanket over her, tucking her arms under it carefully before going out with the rag, turning off the lights on her way out.

Back in her own room, the doe-eye girl let out a yawn and she pauses, trying to figure out what she just did. She looks at the picture of her sister for moment and walks over to pick it up, sliding her hand across it.

"Unnie..." She calls out softly as she hugs the picture. She seems to have forgotten about her wet clothes as she lies down slowly. "I miss you, unnie..." She murmured, as she puts the picture back to its original place.

“I miss you too, Yoona.”

"Unnie?!" Yoona turns around quickly, and sees her sister standing right in front of her. At that very moment, the armor of her heart broke apart. She jumps off her bed quickly and embraces her sister happily, crying tears of joy. "Unnie..."

"Yoona, please don't dwell about my death anymore..." The older girl sighed, patting the doe-eye girl.

"Unnie... I'm sorry... If only I have the courage to get out of my room and stop father..."

"It's not your fault, Yoona. This is my fate. You can't change it no matter what you do, so Yoona, don't blame yourself."

"Unnie... I miss you... I miss you a lot, unnie..."

"I miss you too, Yoona. I came because I'm worried about you..."

"Worried about me?" Yoona pulls away from the hug and stares at her sister blankly.

"You... had been shutting your heart off since my death, Yoona. I don't like it. Open your heart. People will not hurt you anymore. You have people supporting you and loving you. So you have to open your heart for them, Yoona..."

"Unnie... I... I can't... I forget where I put the key. I forget how everything feels like. I forget all about emotions... It's no use..." Yoona sighed. Just then, her sister places a hand on her head and she looks up instantly to see her sister smiling at her. "Unnie..."

"This is the key, Yoona." With that, her sister starts to fade away slowly.

"N... No. Unnie! Don't go, unnie! Unnie!" Yoona claws the air frantically as she tries to feel for her sister's presence again but there's nothing. Her sister is gone. She's left alone again with her heart, fully armored once again. What she didn't know is that the armor has an even bigger crack in it now.

----

"Unnie..."

"Yoona."

"Unnie..."

"Yoona, wake up!" The tall girl shouted angrily. She had been buzzing the buzzer for the girl for nearly ten minutes but the girl did not respond. So she had to come over to the girl's room to get her but to see that she's still in bed, in the clothes that she's wearing last night. "YOONA!"

"U... Unnie..." The doe-eye girl called out weakly, as she stretches her hand out into the air.

"Your unnie is not here! Wake up!" The tall girl slaps the doe-eye girl's hand, feeling frustrated. The doe-eye girl's hand drops and her eyes opens slowly. Her vision is blurred, due to the light but she could make out the face of the person standing in front of her. "M... Master..."

"It's nine already, Im Yoona. And you're still in bed." Sooyoung hissed, crossing her arms angrily. "And you didn't even change out of the clothes you wear last night?!"

"I... I'm sorry, Master. I will get ready quickly." The girl pushed herself up with some trouble and headed to the bathroom, walking like a drunk person.

"... What the..." Sooyoung frowns as she noticed the unusual behavior of the girl. Feeling that it's not right, she follows the girl to the bathroom but before she could open the door and enter, she hears a loud thud coming from the inside. "Yoona?!" She knocks on the door frantically but received no respond.

Sooyoung opens the door quickly and is shocked to see the girl lying on the floor, face flushed with redness.

"Yoona!" She called out as she ran over to support the girl up, shocked by how warm the girl feels. "Holy crap... You're burning!"

"M... Master..." The girl calls up weakly. She barely had enough energy to keep her eyes open.

"Jeez... The consequences of sleeping without drying yourself and changing out of your wet clothing!" Sooyoung sighed, carrying the girl up and putting her back on bed. "Wait here. I will get the nurse here." With that, Sooyoung ran out of the room.