Sapphire Winter

Sapphire Winter

 

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Silently like a silhouette, I stood there waiting for something, a someone that means the world to me. Silence overwhelmed my heart as I trembled at the truth in the lies. I stepped back into the coldness of the icing, blue winter sky which engulfed me as a whole. The apricot, scarlet, and amber leaves which have been forgotten by autumn restlessly glided through the wind as if they were on a search for a dream in which they belonged.

From left to right, humans were rushing as if they had no time, when in reality, all that is left of us is time. Searching for this and that, instead they should be spending their moments with those whom they are affectionate with. 
Twinkling in the air of the city, I found a man wearing a hazel winter sweater, which I was familiar with, cuddling with a gorgeous woman. Her hair was ashen and held curls, the ones I had always adored; surprisingly, he kissed her on the lips as her cheeks became flushed and turned rosy pink. Could it be? Is this the reason why he had not answered when I beckoned for him? How could it be that when I needed him more than ever, he shadowed my being. I gazed upon them from afar and quietly turned away.


Before my eyes, an empty bench sat there in the loneliness as if it was waiting for someone to care for it just like how I desired for him to embrace me in his arms and never let me go. Love, how could you?

My blindness for a love which would lay upon me nothing but momentous joy has created doubt in my mind and heartache in my soul. Am I that vulnerable? Please do not tell me that I am the only one that's vulnerable.

A man, which I would have perceived as charming if not for my current anger, sadness, fear, seated himself to the right of me on the cold, bare, wooden bench that was now hidden by a layer of snow. I closed my eyes as the peacefulness of the precipitation gracefully fell upon my face. All of a sudden, my shoulder was weighed down by an object, a coat. I looked over at the man who now revealed his azure, long sleeved button up polo shirt.

Smiling at me, he spoke, "Though happiness seems to end as sadness overtakes your bittersweet eyes, just know that this world does not always end in eternal bliss. You will live through incidences which might pain you more to endure, but after awhile you learn; you will acknowledge the fact that it takes pain to create rain from your eyes, yet it takes courage for you to face the pain like you never have before with a smile."

This man I am not even acquainted with is trying to comfort me when I can not even comfort myself.

"I know it is strange for someone you have never met try to reassure you that everything will be fine. I knew I was angered when this had first happened to me, but it is life. This is life. You must deal with the obstacles thrown in front of you." He looked at me as I turned my head away knowing that I had been staring at him. My cheeks did not blush, and my anger did not subside. It all remained just like the coldness of the season remains; however, for some reason, the glisten in his sepia eyes gave me a sense of security. I glanced at him. His jawline was firm; his lips thistle, and his words were wise.

He turned his head away as I could see the frame of a figure from afar. She shouted out some words here and there as he smiled at me.

"I must go now." Brushing off the snow that had decided to reside on his clothing, he gave me one last smile and whispered something from afar as he took another step into the arms of this sapphire winter.

Life is nothing but a labyrinth that you must walk through step by step.