He's Still In Love

He's Still In Love

"Be sure to buy our upcoming album, okay?" Jaejoong said through the phone.

"Sure, okay." Ji Won replied. "Promise."

"Promise." He echoed, smiling to himself.


That was a few weeks before JYJ's album, The Beginning came out. On the day of its release, she waited for hours to get a copy of it.

"Oh my goodness he's so handsome!"

"Junsu oppa, marry me!"

"Yoochun-oppa! Sarangahe~!"

"I miss the old TVXQ."

While listening to fangirls squeal over the album, a small smile was seen on her face. They looked different, especially Jaejoong. I miss...

Wait, she thought, shaking her head. No, I just said, there's nothing between us now. We're just friends, acquaintances, yes. Nothing more, nothing less. After getting the copy, and after escaping hundreds of supporters and fangirls, she went to her apartment and popped the CD to her player.

Then her phone rung. For some reason, her heart started to beat twice as fast. She rummages through her bag and finds it, disappointed that the call wasn't from him.

"Hey!" Her friend, Eun Mi said. "Guess what? I got their new album! It's so cool! You should--"

"Whoa, slow down there," she said, taking a sip of her warm coffee. 

"Do you have a copy, too?"

"Yeah, I just got home." Ji Won sits down the sofa, coffee in one hand, the phone on the other.

"Oh. My. Gosh. Oh my gosh don't tell me--"

"I got the album because I support them, still." She cut her off. 

"Oh well. Anyway, listen to song number..." She hears plastic ruffling, until her friend was back on the line. "Song number--."

"Wait, let me listen to the whole album okay?" She laughs.

"If that's what you want, okay. That's so Ji Won of you." Her friend laughs though the phone.

"Well, I am Ji Won. Okay, gotta go now. Bye."

"Bye~" She puts her phone and cup down and listens to the songs. Minutes later, her phone vibrates. 

One (1) New Text Message From: Jaejoong Kim

She felt her heart beat faster as she takes the phone and reads the message:

Hey, I hope you got the album. Please listen to song number 5, okay? :) It's for you.

For me? Why? She felt too nervous to reply to his text, but she soon decided to listen to it, whatever the song was.

Song number five... okay. Soon, she hears the soft voice around her. Closing her eyes, memories of flash back; the memories she thought were long gone. 


"I still love you." His voice echoed in her phone.

"I.. love you." She replied, wiping the tears away with the back of her hand; she hears the same line over and over again, but she replied with that same line, too. It's like a routine. But It doesn't sound as real as how it was before. There was something in his voice that made it sound withered, and something in her voice that sounded tired. 

"Haha, I know that." He laughs; that laugh which she missed so much. For some time, she takes deep breaths, trying to keep her world from collapsing completely. 

"Are you still there?" He asks. Yes she was, literally, but there was some deeper meaning to that; he doesn't have to say it, she knows. Will you still wait for me?

She lets out a small, silent cry, her emotions flowing out. She barely whispers, "No" before ending the call and breaking down.


"But I don’t care
I’ll always be here
Loving you with all I got
I don’t care if you love me or not..."

She immediately took her phone and dialed his number. A few rings later, a familiar voice answered.

"Um... Hello?" A familiar voice answered.

"Jae--"

"Ji Won?" His voice became bright, even if they were miles apart. "I-Is that you?"

"Um, yeah. So, I was listening to your album, and I've listened to that song you told me." Her voice was serious.

But her voice didn't give him any feeling of intimidation. He was Kim Jaejoong, after all.

"So what can you say about it?"

"I..." She starts, but can't find the right words to describe what she actually feels.

"Everything I said was true, you know that?" He asked.

"I know that." She replied.

"Then what's holding you back?" He asked. "I know you well Lee Ji Won, you don't have to hide anything from me."

The way he said that made her feel like they are just a few steps away from each other. His voice sounded so real that she could almost touch it from where she was. Yes, she was holding back. 

"You're Kim Jaejoong, a famous singer from South Korea," she said, starting to tear up. "I'm Lee Ji Won, a nobody--"

"You're not a nobody." He corrected. "You are Lee Ji Won, the silly, childish and gorgeous girl a guy named Kim Jaejoong fell for. I still love you. I'm not going to end this call unless you say goodbye. If you run away, I'll go around the world to look for you. I'll stay with you no matter what, and if you tell me to go away, I will. But I still love you..."

"Even if you are a nobody." 

Hearing what he said, she couldn't help but cry. All those years, all those months, now was the first time he said that. They do say occasional "I love you"s and "I miss you"s, but something about his voice shook her. It was like, all her troubles, anxieties and hurt were lifted off. It was like redemption.

"I love you, I still do. And I don't care if you love me or not. What more do you need to hear?" he asked.

"I.. I'm..." She was lost for words. How could she be so blind all this time?

"I'm sorry... so sorry... I... I never knew..." She says in between deep breaths.

"Hey, stop crying. There's nothing to apologize for, okay?" He asks, sounding worried about her.

Silence. Deep breaths. Sobbing. More silence.

"Are you still there?" He asked for the last time. She wiped off the last drop of tear in her eyes and closed her eyes.

"Yes."

"I'm glad you're back."

"I love you."

"I know that." He said.

He's still in love. And she still is, too.


A/N: I'm so sorry for not telling this guys ;~; this story was meant to be a one-shot, but then I forgot to mark the "mark story complete" button ;A; but don't worry! I will make a much longer story. thank you! :) I hope you enjoyed this!