The secret's out

SM Artists Scavenger Hunt

Seohyun was having a difficult time focusing in Ms. Choi's first period social studies class. She had to keep pretending there was a big red sign in front of her blinking "PAY ATTENTION!"

This was unusual for her, because social studies involved a favorite topic—the adventures of smart people in history! But how on earth was she supposed to pay attention to Ms. Choi when her mind was on a different kind of adventure.

The surprise adventure that she and Onew and Jessica had been planning for weeks. The adventure she was supposed to announce to the class in five minutes!

Just then, Seohyun felt something being crushed into her left hand. It was a note from Yoona. Seohyun, using her best secrecy skills, silently unfolded the note under her desk.

AHHH! How can U stand it? Isn’t the big announcement 2day?

Seohyun flipped the scrap of paper over and wrote back:

Yes! Any second now! I just hope everyone likes the idea and signs up. So so nervous …

Yoona ripped off another piece of paper, scribbled something, and sent it back to Seohyun.

Chill! Onew will get the guys to come and you and Jessica will get the girls. I think this will be the most fun in the history of 11th grade! Maybe I’ll even write my research paper on you :) Ha!

Seohyun gave her friend a grateful smile. Yoona was such a sweetheart—she had a real knack for making her friends feel better, no matter how awful the situation.

"Seohyun, is there something you'd care to share with the class?" Ms. Choi's voice boomed.

"Please come to the front of the room." Seohyun felt her stomach do a somersault. It was bad enough that she'd been caught passing notes, but now she was going to be humiliated by having to share the note with the whole class.

Well this just figures, she thought. She probably should be used to public humiliation by now considering that she was the class klutz.

But Seo wasn't. In her mind, embarrassment was embarrassment no matter how many times it happened!

Face flushed, Seohyun reluctantly made her way to the front of the room with the speed of a hermit crab slowly shrugging out of its shell, and started to unfold the crumpled note.

"Ummm..." she started, then noticed the doorknob turning.

"If it isn't the Co-Captain of the Outdoor Adventure Club herself!" Mr. Yang, their goofy science teacher, strode into the room, a tie printed with tiny cows bouncing over his bright pink shirt.

"As club advisor, I couldn't be late for the big announcement! Please, Seohyun... proceed." Seohyun gulped back a sigh of relief. Total humiliation was out, but she still had to talk in front of the class... one of her Top Ten "I hate to do" things.

She gave Mr. Yang a grateful smile. He had helped her, Lee Jinki, and Jung Jessica organized the super surprise adventure, so it was really nice to have his support.

"Next weekend the Outdoor Adventure Club will have its first official field trip. The club leaders—myself, Onew, and Jessica—have organized a scavenger hunt."

She paused for applause, but the class was still waiting to hear more. Have I just bombed? Worried, Seo added in a rush,

"It's on Myung cod, LO ent high will be joining us, there will be four teams, and the winners will receive an incredible prize!"

***

 

 

(Ooooh so some other groups will be joining! Hello readers it's me GirlsGenerationz. Liken this chapter? want more? Subscribe or comment~)