Surprise!

A Secret Santa story/present

"Yay!! I'm so excited!! The dance is in two days!!!" Seohyun jumps up and down.

I smile, "Nei."

I still haven't figured out who was the person who saved me...

I caught sight of D.O., he winked at me. I look away, what is he trying to do?

My eyes wandered in BAP's direction, they were all clustered in the back corner of the classroom. Without making it too obvious, I tried eavesdropping on their conversation.

"Yah! Zelo! Did you lose yours?" Jongup shoves Zelo.

Zelo puts his hand on his neck, "Uhh.. nei mian."

"Dude how could you lose it? Now you're the only one without a matoki." Yong guk laughs.

I stare at Zelo wide eyed, so it was him!!!

Zelo sees me looking at him, he ducks his head avoiding eye contact with me.

Why didn't he say so?

After school I caught up with him, "Umm, hey Zelo! I'm--"

"Rachel. I know, you're in my class." He smiles cutely.

I melt and stood there frozen. After admiring his smile for a while I awkwardly clear my throat, "Ahem, umm, I believe this is yours." I take the bunny out of my pocket and place it in his hands, "Thank you for saving me by the way."

He his lips, "No problem. Thank you for giving this back to me."

"Your welcome." I tap my foot against the ground. We stand their in silence.

"So uh, you going to the dance?" He tries to start a conversation.

"Of course, I wouldn't miss it for anything!" I smile.

"That's good. I was hoping to see you there.  So I'll see you around right? How about ice cream tomorrow?" Zelo tilts his head.

"Nei. Sounds good! See you. Bye." My body was tingling with joy. I was talking to Zelo and he wants to see me!! Ahh!

--------the day of the dance--------

I wrapped D.O.'s present and wrote a note on it saying Merry Christmas, From your secret santa.

I also finished knitting the scarf, but I was still debating whether or not to give it to Zelo.. I mean we're not really close yet. We did eat ice cream together yesterday, but that doesn't prove anything right?

Anyways I still wrapped the scarf.

Seohyun came over so we could prepare for the dance together.

She curled my hair and did my makeup, I did her hair and put make up on her.

I slipped on the dress and stared at myself in the mirror, is this really me? The person in the mirror didn't look like me... She looked really pretty.

"That is you Rachel." Seohyun told me like she just read my mind, "It's written all over your face, the shock."

I giggle embarrassed.

"Ready?" Seohyun and I take a deep breath together.

"Yes." Like I said before, I didn't have enough money to buy a pair of heels to go with the dress so I just had to wear my old black flats.

---------at the dance------

A lot of people were there already, up beat music was blasting and everyone looked so happy.

Someone whistled, "Wow! You guys look beautiful!" Onew walks towards us. The other guys were just behind him, all of them looked great in their suits.

"Thanks, You guys look really hot too." I tilt my head.

"Come on let's go dance!" Kwangmin takes my hand and guides me to the beat of the music. I was smiling the whole time.

After two songs I went to go get some fruit punch. I was reaching for a cup but someone hands me one.

"Kamsahmnida." I look up and it was D.O... I take the cup.

"You look gorgeous Rachel." D.O. compliments.

"Thanks, you don't look bad yourself either." I get some fruit punch and take a sip.

"I notice you're wearing the necklace I gave you on your birthday." D.O. points towards my neck.

I reach my hand up to it in a swift motion. Uh-oh, I totally forgot D.O. gave me this necklace! He'll think I still like him...

D.O. takes a sip from his cup, "So... I was thinking.." He pauses, "That I was being stupid before." I know where this conversation is going, and I'm not liking it!

He continues, "I realized I still like you Rachel, I was so stupid for breaking up with you, a perfect girl. Will you take me back please? I even prepared a song for you, I can get the DJ to put it on now and--"

I put my free hand in front of me, "No, D.O. it's fine. To be honest, you hurt me so much. Who the heck breaks up with their girlfriend 3 weeks before christmas? At school, you don't seem sad at all. I guess I still have tiny feelings for you, but I can't get back together with you. I just can't do it. I'm sorry."

"But--" D.O. kept trying.

"You know what since you're here now I'll give it to you now." I spot my bag near by, I take his present out and hand it to him, "I was going to put it on top of your car, but since you're right in front of me now, here just take it." I shove it into his hands, "Oh and take this with you too. I don't want to have anything to do with you." I take my necklace off and put it on the present. "Merry Christmas, Kyungsoo." I say in a not-so-happy tone.

I walk away with the feeling that a burden was lifted off of me.I felt... free. But my neck felt a bit bare now..

To add on to that joy I spot Zelo. I fix my hair and smiled. He sees me and waves. I wave back.

Zelo walks towards me, "Hey Rachel! You look so beautiful!!"

"You look really hot." I blurt out. Oops, did I just say that out loud?

He laughs, "Thanks, pretty good event right?" I nod.

"Zelo!" Himchan calls.

"Oh better go now, see ya." Zelo pats my head and goes to his friends.

I searched for my friends all around.

Someone tapped me on the back. I turn around it was Daehyun.

"Hi  Rachel. Someone told me to give you this." He hands me a piece of paper, "Merry Christmas!"

"Thank you." I open the piece of paper as he leaves.

It was a note that read: Meet me in the indoors garden upstairs. From your secret santa