Forgiveness (Final)

Pain and Forgiveness

Today I’ve been reached 6 months pregnant.

I smile slightly as I reach up letting the sunlight shine on my hand.

I pull myself out of bed wearing 1 of Simon’s dress shirts with the bottom buttons open showing off my stomach.

I stripped off the shirt, take a shower, and when I get out to dress in my secretary clothing.

I need to get to work on time today.

I sigh when I open the door and see that the door is partly caved in since Simon is still trying to fix everything.

I open the door to see that Simon is curled up in a ball shivering in front of my door.

I sigh seeing him and touch my stomach.

When should I tell him the new news?

I want to tell Simon 1st but I can’t. 

I’m supposed to be mad at him but could it be cause my emotions are out of whack.

I feel another pair of hands touching my stomach and I know that they are Simon’s.

I look down to see a beyond tired Simon. His eyes are dull and blood shot around well around them they are puffy and purple from lack of sleep. His face is paler than even when he was majorly sick for a week with some kind of flu.

I ask him worried for his health, “Simon how long are you going to keep this up? I’m getting worried about you.”

“Until you listen to me,” he almost pleads with his sickly face.

He tries to stand only to fall to his knees.

I can't see him like this so I try to walk around him, but he grabs my hand making me look back at him.

“I’ll apologize everyday of my life. Just like how I’m going to prove to you how much I love you. What had happened was all a misunderstanding.”

I look away from him ashamed of myself, “I don’t know Simon. We had our 1st major fight and I go to my mother’s for a few weeks only planning stay a few days. My father’s health wasn’t getting better and I was sent to the hospital.” I stop talking, “It doesn’t matter the point is I leave for a little bit to come back to find a trashed apartment and to find you hung over with some girl in our bed.”

He tries to stand up again but this time he falls over and hit his head on the wall.

I race over to him shaking him, “Simon don’t joke with me. Simon wake up.”

He just lays there still his head slightly bleeding.

I call an ambulance and the entire time I’m freaking out over him.

 

 

The EMT calmed me telling me to calm down to think about my baby.

I sit down calming myself down and staring at Simon as he lays there in the stretcher.

When we reached the hospital, they check him over, and tell me its just exhaustion. That when he wakes up he will have a slight headache. I will need to make sure that he wille eat and keep him up for a few hours incase of a concusion. 

Simon wakes up and I hug him tightly, “I was so worried never scare me like that again.”

He nods his head and touches my stomach going straight back to the conversation that we had before he fainted, “Honey I’m sorry for worrying you. I don’t remember how the girl got in our apartment or even in our bed with me. All I remember is the guys coming over with a few beers the day before and the next thing I know I woke up to you yelling at me.”

I want to tell him to drop it that I don’t care anymore, but no matter how hard I try I can’t seem to tell him that.

“I should have a chat with the guys then.”

He seems taken back that I’m willing to listen to him.

He starts patting himself to realize he’s no longer wearing his clothing but a hospital gown. He sighs annoyed with the fact.

“Yeah good idea use mine it’s in my pants pocket my phone should be in the front,” he asks me to do this as he points over to the closest that his clothing is in. 

 

I call them and tell them to come over since I need to talk to them.

I tell them to come around nine since by then Simon and I will be sitting at home.

 

Its an hour later that he’s let go with a warning to take better care of himself… not with what’s happening between us is any help.

I should just tell him I forgive him.

After today I’m pretty sure that I forgive him since he’s done so much these last few months to prove himself to me.

We make it back home and I sit down on the couch touching my stomach with a slight smile.

Simon sits next to me I look him over glad that there’s some color back to him but he still looks half dead.

“I’m going to make us something to eat.”

I go to stand up but seem to be pushed back into my seat.

“Stay in your seat,” he tries to order me, "I want to stay like this longer.

I stand up and look him in the face, “Look I took the day off because you fainted the way you did. If anything pregnant or not I’m going to take care of you today. So get your back on that couch and rest up.”

He only listens to me because he knows better from how many years of dating. 

When he goes and sits down I smile back at him and decide to just make some nice sandwiches for us to eat.

I walk back to the couch to find Simon passed out.

I smile as I sit down beside him and pull him down so his head is in my lap.

 

When his friends show up Simon jumps off the couch feeling a lot better now that he did just a few hours ago.

He ignores the door for a bit to walk into the kitchen.

“Simon this better be worth taking a sick day.”

I don’t hear anything just a slight sound of pans moving. He walks back into the room with hot raspberry tea.  He sets it down and pours us each a cup. I gently pick it up take a sip.

When the doorbell rings again I go to get it but Simon stands up smiling at me.

“I feel alot better now I’ll get the door just sit down. I’m sure your feet hurt by now.”

Being pregnant especially when the person who’s taking care of you knows you so well.

Simon makes me sit down gently as he looks at me his eyes match how he’s touching my shoulder leading me back to the couch cushion.

I watch his eyes harden when he looks away from me and towards the door.

“I’ll get the door,” he tells me as he walks away.

I hear his friends enter and they sound confused and nervous when they come into view I see they look just the same as they sound.

They just stand there and Simon simply walks past them and sits back on the couch by me picking up his tea and taking a sip.

The guys try to say hi but we ignore them but Simon’s is a bit more stinging.

“Simon we’re sorry the prank went way farther than we had wanted it to. We didn’t plan for any of this to happen.”

Simon starts yelling at them and I simply keep calm sitting on the couch sipping at my tea.

Simon’s shaking Daniel who’s the youngest out of all of them surprising enough. He’s the 1 that acts more mature than all of them but still has a bit of ert tendencies.

“Simon stop that this 2nd. He’s not the only 1 to take your anger out on, but at the moment don’t stress me out. Sit down!”

Almost like a spell was casted on him Simon lets go of Daniel, and returns to his spot by me.

He picks up his tea, takes a sip out of the cup, and stares at his friends.

The guys simply stare at me shocked that I have so much power over Simon.

They stare at me and watch as Simon gives me a look when I touch my stomach clenching the fabric.

“Don’t clutch your stomach like that,” he touches my stomach to feel a slight kick surprising him. “the baby kicked,” Simon says surprised by it, but he also sounds and looks so much happier than he has for the last 6 months. 

I guess he hasn’t felt our baby kick before while I feel it everyday.

The guys look down at my stomach to see my gigantic baby bump.

“You’re pregnant that’s why you,” it’s silent for awhile, “We’re so sorry for the trouble we’re caused. We just wanted Simon to focus on something else. Here,” I’m handed a camera, “watch then we’ll beg for forgiveness from the two of you.”

They laugh nervously when I click play.

I hear joyous laughter as 4 of them are shown on camera.

“Alright we thought we’d pull a prank on Simon to get him to stop thinking about something besides his angry girlfriend. This is our friend Aimee who’s going to help us.”

They a show a girl that’s around Simon and my age wearing a baggy shirt. I look closely at the camera to see it’s the same girl from that day.

I growl at the camera and as they carefully make their way to the bedroom that I’ve been calling my own instead of Simon and my room.

They sneak into the room and show a sleeping Simon curled up in a ball mumbling. He looks worse than he did earlier today.

Looking down I see that he rested his head in my lap staring at my stomach rubbing my belly making it tickle a bit.

I keep watching the video they point at him in bed pulling blankets to the side showing a glimpse of his boxers that I believe he had worn that day. She climbs into bed with him slowly wrapping her arms around his waist.

He says my name mumbling something after that.

There’s something silent laughter I think I stared off into space not really watching the video until I throw the camera across the room onto a chair.

I look at Simon’s friends and scream at them, “Get the hell out of here.”

They nod their heads as they run out of the apartment shutting the door loudly as they leave.

When I know that they are gone I start crying more openly.

I place my hands on Simon’s head that’s still laying in my lap looking peaceful and happy. I feel his arms wrapped around my stomach and his face buried in what it can to the side of my stomach.

I start to cry and apologize as I feel him sit up and wrap his arms around me.

“Just let it all out. Its going to be alright. I forgive everything that has happened.”

I look up to his face avoiding eye contact and whisper softly afraid to say it any louder, ‘”I’m sorry.”

He just looks down at me with soft caring eyes telling me that he doesn’t care and that he loves me.

I bury my head in his neck as I keep on crying.

 

I don’t know when I fell asleep but when I wake up I find myself in bed cradled by Simon.

I carefully turn around so that I’m face to face with him.

He sees this and smiles at me, “Did you want to make sure it was me?” he teases me.

I shake my head as I try to wrap my arms around him, “No, I already knew it was you. No one holds me the way you do.”

I see a smirk of pride in his eyes, “I’m glad about that. So what do you plan on naming the baby?”

I touch my stomach and shrug, “I don’t know I wanted the genders to be a surprise to me.”

“Genders…? What do you mean by that are you having twins or something?”

I smile at him as I touch my stomach, “They said it was hard to tell since 1 was behind the other during the ultrasound but the other day when I went they told me that I should buy double of everything since twins are in my future.”

He looks down at my stomach gasping but then he ends up laughing.

I just look up at him and he kisses me gently on the lips.

“We should go see your parents and mine to tell them the good news.”

“They already know idiot. I told your parents the same day I told mine. They told me that their son should just learn to control his temper and actually listen to me. I’ve been chatting with them since day one why do you think they seem a bit annoyed with your stupidity. They knew the truth of what happened before I did because Aimee had went and apologized to them since they know her.”

“Simon you should have just tried to explain to me instead of spending almost 2 months destroying the apartment pissing me off more than I was.”

He laughs nervously as he looks over at me, “Ahh yea about that I turned the study room into a baby room the other day but I think once they start getting big enough we should find a better apartment since we’re having twins.”

I nod my head, “I’d like that.”

He nods his head, "It's going to be fun picking everything out for them.