The Pain

Pain and Forgiveness

"Simon," I shouted his name as I entered our apartment to see his friends were over. "Great what kind of trouble have they started today?” I looked around the room and saw only a complete disaster, “I’m not cleaning this up…” I touch my stomach, “I’m not sure I want to tell Simon the news if his friends are here.”

I pick up their mess on my way to the bedroom since I don’t want to trip on anything.

I plan to open the door to find Simon curled up in a ball with my pillow to open the door to find a girl in bed with Simon her arms wrapped around his waist showing that he’s wearing no shirt.

“What the hell?!” I screamed as I woke him up.

He jumped up

He called my name and I shook my head looking away from him. I couldn’t see his expression.

“I don’t want to hear it Simon. Right now just don’t. Just let me think about all of this. I mean I left for what 2 and a half weeks. I left messages on your phone and everything.”

He held up a broken looking device, “I threw it across the room after we fought and they wouldn’t let me get a new model until next week.”

I didn’t care what he had to say I simply yelled at them, “Get the hell out of my place. Everyone get out this very moment.”

Simon tried to talk to me but I ignored him.

I shut the door in his face, locked the door, and listened to him pound on the door.

I didn’t stress myself out over it what’s the point.

I heard his friends leave and after while Simon started to throw stuff around.

 

 

Simon's fit went on for 2 more months.

He had never laid hands on me the entire time and he’d only do it when I was gone.

He’d try to pick things up after he’d done that.

He’d still take his anger out on anything without value, walls, furniture, and doors.

 

 

He didn’t notice I’m pregnant mostly because I avoided him as much as possible.

Still he didn’t know I’m pregnant until I almost was 4 months.

It was late day at work and I had to say at work late to make sure that I had all my work done perfectly fine.

I came home to find Simon for once waiting for me calmly watching television drinking hot chocolate or something.

I tried to slip past him but I was caught.

“Your mother called today and asked me if the baby was alright with how you’ve been stressed. What did she mean? Have you been trying to hide that you’re pregnant from me?”

“Yeah I’m pregnant with your baby. Your baby that I’m not sure I want my baby to have anything to deal with you.”

He looked up at me but he didn’t look angry he looked more depressed as he looked up at me with wounded puppy dog eyes.

“It’ll be my child,” he stated to me almost pleading to me.

“So that doesn’t mean that I’ll let you see my baby.”

“Then why not take him away from me?”

“’Cause you may not be the kind of influence I want my child to see.”

I left him like that and went to bed. I woke up to find a relatively clean apartment, but in all it was just trash and the broken pieces that he had broken causing the 2-month fit he had thrown.

On the table was a 'sorry for acting like a child the last 2 months' note.

Next to the letter is my favorite kind of breakfast food that he’d learned to make just for me after hard days at work.

It went like that for another month with Simon cleaning, fixing what he had broken, and restocking the fridge with my favorite foods and drinks.

There have been tons of vitamin waters and V8 juices.

 

 

After that month Simon has been sleeping on the floor curled up in a call in front of my room.

I’m already 5 and a half months pregnant.

I’m done check ups and everything to find out that my baby is perfectly fine with me and my babies even with my high stress levels.