TWO

Stalking the Class President

 

“Okay, so this here is the cafeteria. We have breakfast at 7am to 8:30am, lunch at 12noon, and dinner at 7pm to 9pm. You can enter in between those times for some light snacks if they’re available but usually, unless it’s for meals, students go to the snack store to buy food,” Kyungsoo explains as they come face to face with wooden double doors which had a number of scribbles and doodles on them. “If you’re wondering about the blatant display of vandalism, the school’s not so strict with that so you can actually see a lot of vandalism around the school like in bathroom stalls and the like since all the school has to do is repaint it if needed,” he adds as he grips the door handles but makes no move to enter.

Jongin raises an eyebrow. “Aren’t you going to enter?”

Kyungsoo lets out a long sigh as he grips the door handles tighter. “As soon as these doors open, I want you to duck,”

Jongin was about to ask why when Kyungsoo pulls open the doors and the next thing he knows, a sticky substance has found its onto Jongin’s face. He makes a visibly disgusted face as he scrapes whatever it was off his face. “What the heck is this?” he asks Kyungsoo who clicks his tongue.

“I told you to duck. You don’t listen very well,” he nags but takes out his handkerchief and helps Jongin clean his face.

“Is this being hot and cold?” Jongin teases him but receives no response.

“Whoa, new kid, sorry about that,” a student says as he jogs towards the two boys. “You don’t have very good reflexes, it seems,” he teases.

Jongin raises an eyebrow. “I do, actually,”

“President,” Kyungsoo sighs as he stares at the newcomer. Jongin looks at Kyungsoo. “This is Kim Joonmyun, the student council president,”

Joonmyun grins and offers his hand to Jongin. “Yup, that’s me. And the thing with the food, that’s actually a tradition around here, where the transfer student gets thrown food. Messy and impractical, but it’s been around for a while, even before our time here,” he explains, looking apologetic.

“I told you we shouldn’t do it, president,” a slightly accented voice says as another student approaches the group.

Joonmyun pouts. “Don’t ruin the fun, Yixing. Besides, who am I to go against what past presidents did? Though, I guess it has been a while since the last transfer student. I believe the last one was-,”

“Me,” Kyungsoo cuts in.

Joonmyun nods. “Yup, that’s right. Do Kyungsoo, the transfer student on a full scholarship, first one since the inauguration of the school. Pretty big deal,”

“I didn’t know you were a transfer student. And a scholarship too? You must be really smart,” Jongin says.

Kyungsoo stares at him. “If you knew it, you’d be labeled a stalker,”

“I don’t see why you’d need it though, I mean-,” Kyungsoo glares at Joonmyun, cutting him off. “By the way, this here’s Zhang Yixing. He’s my vice president,”

“Against my will, if I may add. My name is Zhang Yixing. Sorry if the president’s annoying you,” Yixing offers his hand to Jongin who shakes it.

“What do you mean, against your will?” Jongin asks.

“It’s a very well-known fact that Joonmyun here’s pretty unorthodox as the student council president. Every member of the council, except for him, were forced to join the council. Their positions are apparently based on how much he likes them. Yixing here is apparently his favourite,” Kyungsoo explains for Jongin.

Yixing rolls his eyes but Joonmyun only grins. “That’s right! I’ve had my eye on him since before I ran as president. I knew he’d do great as a vice president. He’s my favourite, followed closely by Kyungsoo right here,”

“So you’re on the council too?” Jongin asks.

Kyungsoo shakes his head and Joonmyun pouts. “I wanted him as secretary but he pulled out the scholarship card on me, saying he can’t do it because he needs to maintain his grades. As if a little council work will affect your grades, you honour student you,”

“How’d you know about my grades? Year rankings are only revealed to the perspective years,” Kyungsoo squints his eyes in a lightly accusing manner.

“That was supposed to be a secret, president,” Yixing says.

Joonmyun widens his eyes. “Oops,” he laughs.

Kyungsoo lightly jabs Joonmyun’s chest. “You’re abusing your power!”

Jongin watches the scene in front of him, how close and friendly they all seemed with each other. He stares at the small hint of a smile on Kyungsoo’s lips and found himself smiling as well. The two of them watch as Joonmyun takes Yixing away, arm wrapped on the Chinese male’s shoulder who attempts to get away to no success.

Kyungsoo shakes his head as he turns to the lunch table. “This school’s weird,”

“I think it’s nice,” Jongin mutters to himself as he takes the tray Kyungsoo offers him. He grabs Kyungsoo’s hand who gets visibly shocked at the touch. “Come on, Kyungsoo, the line’s getting long,”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

here's the rewritten chapter two. the story's pretty much the same, i guess. some differences here and there.
comments are greatly appreciated.