ONE

Stalking the Class President

 

The moment the advisor for Class 2 entered the classroom, he could hear the loud chatting of the students. He clears his throat as he arrives at his desk and lightly claps his hands. “P-please quiet down class,” he says in a meek voice. “C-class is about t-to start,” he ends up stuttering. He sighs, it was yet another day of hardship. He hears a student clear his throat, prompting him to look up to see the ever so reliable class president – Kyungsoo, holding the papers he had asked the class to submit. ‘Ah, my savior has arrived,’ he thinks to himself as he looks at Kyungsoo with hope in his eyes.

Kyungsoo shakes his head as he places the stack of papers in front of the teacher before turning to face his classmates. He takes a deep breath before loudly clapping his hands. “Okay! That’s enough chatting. Class is about to start,” Kyungsoo says in a loud voice, prompting his classmates to settle down. When everyone was settled, Kyungsoo turns to their advisor, gives a small nod before returning to his seat.

The advisor sighs as he fixes his glasses. “As you all know, we’ll be having a new student with us today. It’s pretty rare for someone to transfer during the middle of the year, even rarer for us since our school is pretty strict. Make sure to be nice to the new student, alright? Make him feel welcome,” he explains. The class yell a “yes” in unison. “Well then, without further ado,” the advisor says as he turns to the door.

As if on cue, a tall, tanned male enters the classroom. He gives a small smirk before giving a small wave. “Hey! The name’s Kim Jongin. It’s my first time attending a boys’ school so the atmosphere here’s pretty new to me,” he gives out a hearty laugh. “It’s kind of depressing not seeing a single female student thought,” he grins, giving a slightly snotty expression.

The class light-heartedly boos him before their teacher manages to calm them down. “Do-student, as class president, I leave it to you to show the new student around and show him how things work here. Kim-student, you’ll be sitting beside Byun-student. Park-student, please wake up Byun-student,”

Hearing his name, Chanyeol turns to the sleeping figure beside him and lightly taps the boy’s shoulder. “What do you want?” the sleeping student, Baekhyun, says in a rough voice, glaring at the tall male who interrupted his sleep. Without a word, Chanyeol simply points to the front of the class.

Baekhyun turns his head to the front to see his teacher sighing. Baekhyun lets out a small laugh. “Sorry teach! I had to write a report last night so I couldn’t get enough sleep. Is that the new student? Hey! Sit next to me,” Baekhyun says in one breath, raising his hand to catch Jongin’s attention.

Jongin takes his seat beside Baekhyun. The advisor says a few other reminders for the class before ending their homeroom. The moment the teacher leaves, Baekhyun turns to Jongin only to find Chanyeol already beside the new boy.

“Hey!” Chanyeol grins, giving Jongin a light slap on the back. “My name’s Park Chanyeol,” he introduces himself as he offers Jongin his hand. Jongin smiles and gives it a firm shake.

“You know, your voice doesn’t fit your face,” he tells Chanyeol who gets surprised at his words. “I don’t mean it in a bad way though,”

Chanyeol’s shoulders droop and he pouts. ‘For a tall guy, he acts really cutely.’ Jongin thinks to himself only to be stopped when they hear a loud laugh from behind them. “That’s great! I like you already,” the newcomer, Jongin’s seat neighbour gives Chanyeol a light dab on his stomach. “I’m Baekhyun, your neighbour and since I’m such a good guy, I’m going to give you some warnings,” he says.

Jongin tilts his head. “Warnings about what?”

“The class hierarchy of course! Obviously, the one at the top of this class is the president; Do Kyungsoo,” Baekhyun points at a short male sitting by the windows, seemingly occupied by a book. “It’s not because he’s the best at fighting or something, he just is the top. No one goes against Kyungsoo,”

“It’s more like no one can best him on an argument so no one would rather try,” Chanyeol adds, nodding his head. “I think the fact that he always helps the class before an exam also really helps. He’s such a good student, you know? He’s always at the top spot for our year,” he says, his eyes sparkling in admiration.

Baekhyun shakes his head at Chanyeol. “What a fanboy,” he sighs. “Kyungsoo’s a really good guy however there are some rumours about him. Don’t know if they’re true though,”

“Rumours?” Jongin’s attempt to pry deeper gets interrupted when their teacher arrives and class begins. Unable to listen any longer as their teacher drags on and on, Jongin finds his gaze landing on the top himself – Kyungsoo. He spends the rest of the class looking at the boy only to be stopped when the bell rings and the said boy makes his way towards him.

Looking at the boy in front of him, Jongin takes in Kyungsoo’s figure; a boy shorter than him and with big eyes. “Your eyes are really round. They’re very cute. You’re very cute,” Jongin says, expecting the boy to blush and become shy.

“I know,” Kyungsoo replies in a monotone voice which takes Jongin aback. It wasn’t as if it came off as being conceited, it simply sounded like a number of people have told him that. The air of indifference only fuelled Jongin further.

He stands up and wraps an arm around Kyungsoo’s smaller frame. “I like you,” he whispers into Kyungsoo’s ear, only to receive a jab on the rib and a pinch on his hand.

Kyungsoo moves away from him and simply stares at him. “Well I don’t. Let’s just get this tour over with. I have lots to do,” Kyungsoo says as he walks out the door, signalling Jongin to follow him.

Jongin finds himself smirking. ‘Interesting. Very interesting indeed,’ he thinks to himself as he catches up to Kyungsoo. “You will,” he grins at the boy who only ignores him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

as i've mentioned, this story is undergoing a rewrite. it's almost been 7 years since i wrote this story, and 5 since i last updated. ha ha ha
well, if there are still readers, thank you. i won't say a lot but the story will slightly be different that the one you remember. it seemed to be going quite dark as opposed to the "fluff" tag lol
i can't promise frequent updates tho because i'll be returning to work soon and i have some stuff going on in my personal life. 
comments are greatly appreciated.