First & last

If stupid like us...

There was the sound of the party echoing behind her back. Cheerful people were singing, happily jingle-jangling their glasses together. For some unknown reason, Yull has felt the need to get away from all that joy. Truly, she couldn't understand what they were so joyful about... Not as if Christmas ever been something special. As she closed the door, she got hit by the cold wind. The weather was nothing sweet... Snow has been falling all day long and even if the flakes were not appearing anymore in the sky, it was still freezing outside. She tightened her arms crossed in front of her chest and slightly chilled... Why did she not take her coat with her, or at least one more jacket? She hesitated... And decided not going back inside the house to grab it. All she wanted was to be all alone. She needed that, not sure why she did.

She took a few steps on the porch, the sound of her flat leather knee high boots cracking on the wood and from the snow still stuck under it. The small garden right under her eyes was covered by the white powder, just like the bare leaves cherry trees. It seemed like no one was there except her... Other people certainly were busy partying, too, celebrating Christmas, drinking champagne and singing those songs. Why couldn't she rejoice like them? Yull sat on the marches covered with dirt after she has swept away some of it with the tip of her sweat shirt sleeve. Her long brown hair was dancing with the cold wind and she chilled again, yet thankful she had thought about putting a bonnet on her head. She stared at the white scenery, forgetting about everything for a while... Even forgetting about how long she was outside, sitting here.

All these years of being strong, of fighting to stay alive despite her troubles with her family, with her job, with money... What was the use of it, she wondered. She have always thought if she fought hard enough, one day, she would encounter happiness. But Yull had to come to realize this, she never did and after she had won a fight, another one appeared on her way. It seemed like an endless bully from the time. To be happy was not meant for her, she started to believe. That was why she didn't feel the strength to celebrate with the others. They might be able to forget about their problems just for a little while, but she definitely was not. She sighed... and an elusive white smoke took shape from out of her lips, vanishing in the aire as soon as it has appeared. Maybe that would be better to go home and to get some sleep. Until tomorrow... Until she had to fight again.

Yull heard the door creaking behind her. Automatically, she turned around even if she was not pretty curious about who it was... Ji Hoon appeared, wearing his thick black coat, his dyed blond hair his nape. They exchanged no smiles at all. Yull simply turned around to the garden again and he sat by her side. For a short while, they remained speechless, watching the landscape, silent and white.

"So..." He finally said, his bass voice lingering on the final letter.

"So..." She repeated the same way.

"Why leaving the party? Feeling bad?"

"I don't know..."

That was partly true, she didn't really know, except she was tired and wanted to escape, even if she didn't know what she tried to escape, either. Yull was suddenly feeling uneasy being sitting by his side, with no one around. There was that something she couldn't name between him and her... Or maybe she didn't want to name it, because name it would be some kind of acceptation. She felt dry... Her eyes went to her side and her heart skipped a beat as she noticed he was now staring at her, his both deep brown eyes steady, set on her face. She hated it and wished she could say it but she didn't. It felt as if her words were bloked inside .

"Why... Are you staring at me like this?" Yull was finally able to mutter.

"Why couldn't I?"

She didn't know what to answer... It was always this way with him. He always have the words and the gestures to make her feel as if everything she thought she knew, she didn't after thinking about it again. So she kept avoiding him, not only because that was bad being attached to someone who's younger, even if for only one year, but also because she didn't want him to distract her from her goals. She had no time for guys... She had her own struggle to fight with. Yull started when she felt his hand slipping on her own hands and grabbing it gently. His palms were warm... She really hated it. She really hated it because she liked the feel of his touch, comforting and soft. Ji Hoon squeezed her cold fingers and intertwined them with his, not having the least care about the appart tense he has felt in her body next to him.

"You fool!"

"What did you say?"

Yull was looking at him now, blinking. Their eyes met for the first time and she had to focus not to turn red from blushing. How could just one gaze make her stomach go so messy? One other thing that she hated because it feels so good. Too good, even.

"I said you're a fool. Why are you always trying to act so... tough? You don't have to force yourself, you know. People all have flaws..."

"If I am a fool, then that's what you are too, silly. People all have grieves..."

Yes, they both were fools. Her, for always trying to be that strong girl who could never ever crumble and him, for always pretending that nothing was important to him when it was so obvious that he had troubles and pains from his past always hauting him down. And that was not the only reason why they were fools... There were boundaries between them and they kept on ignoring it, trying their best never to let anyone see it, though they both know. They were not the kind to dare thinking about that four word letter called love. Their lives had no room for love... And yet, they couldn't help it, they always tend to meet each other and to feel there was something more about that... But to feel and to come to terms with that, it was way different. Yull didn't think she was ready to trenscend their weird relationship into something else. She still had so many things to struggle against.

She tried to remove her hands of his but Ji Hoon tightened his grip, leading the fingers he was holding into the pockets of his coat. She knew that would be easy for her to get herself off but she did nothing more, for the first time enjoying the warmth of his skin against her, even if she felt a little guilty.

"So..." Yull said, just like the first time.

"So... You little fool."

"What do we do now?"

"Nothing. Just enjoy the moment. There's no need to do or say anything. Let's just stay together like that. We can stay together this way as long as you want."

Yull sighed slightly. There always came a moment to life when one had to stop fighting. Sometimes, it could be good just to let yourself go and not thinking about anything, for real, not pretending to when you obviously got too much things on your mind. And for the first time, she felt she wanted to take that break right now, by his side... Because he was special to her as she was special to him. There was no need to say it, they both knew it. Softly, Yull let her body get rid of all her tense and she leaned her head against his shoulders, closing her eyes, just enjoying the overwhelming feeling of his presence.

Ji Hoon had a sweet smile as he looked at her slowly relaxing. She was pretty, despite that boyish style of her. His free hand gently her hair and he just put a light kiss on her top head and looked at the landscape again. The snow has started to fall again but they were not cold, they were feeling warm. That surely was an answer to this question... But maybe that was the beauty of that famous question. Not being that sure of why do fools fall in love...

********************************************************************************************

I know that this is not a pretty popular pairing but if you guys have read my story, I'll just say this : thank you! I hope you liked that and that you guys are not too frustrated kkkkk! If you have liked it, please let me know! ♥