Chapter 1

Honey, You're my Bacon!

I sat by the window in utter silence, with a dull expression on my face. 

I watch the maids and butlers hurl my luggage into the limosine below, sweating and grunting due to its heaviness.

Not that I cared, they were paid to do work anyways. They should be thankful that we gave them jobs.

I rub the surface of my arms, a gesture I always did whenever I was nervous or scared. 

But that was during my younger years when I didn't know any better. When I still didn't listen to my father's words.

"Eun Mi?" I hear my door creak as it opens. My father strides in with sure steps, there was no emotion on his face but just firmness. "Are you ready to go? The car is waiting for you." He adjusts his tie and looks at me with an unreadable expression. I get up immediately and bow.

"Yes." I reply. "I'm ready to go father."

"Come now then." He says and without looking at me, he leaves the room. I hear his steps echoe throughout the hallway as I grab my backpack and took one last look at my room. 

I wait one minute before I leave and take a breath.

Today was the day that I will leave Miami and go to Korea, the place where my supposed mother had come from and grew up in.

Not that I cared. My father was just sending me to college there because hehad studied there too. I never knew my mother and I am happy I never did.

When I step to the car and bid to my Father farewell all I feel is that one thing that I had always felt in my heart.

A hollow feeling I couldn't get.