사랑아 울지마 (Don't Cry My Lover)

사랑아 울지마 (Don't Cry My Lover)

 

"I'm sorry, Yunho. I just can't stand it anymore." He said with a sigh, "This is probably what's best for me, and for Junsu and Yoochun too. And probably for you and Changmin too, but you refused my offer."

 

"Our contracts haven't ended!"

 

"Who cares? They treated us unfairly, and so I will not stand still! I wanna fight back, Yunho! That's why I set up the lawsuit!"

 

"But how dare you? I thought you said we were like brothers! I thought you said you wouldn't leave anyone behind!"

 

"I'm sorry, Yunho. I'm sorry.."

 

OoO

 

It's been a while. It's been a while since they left. Neither me or Changmin has left our dorm. Everyday, we would just sit on the sofa or lie on the bed, not talking to each other. Our manager has given up on trying to make us go outside, while our friends' calls and messages are ignored by both of us. 

 

I still can't believe it. Jaejoong, Junsu, and Yoochun.. They've left. My nightmare is coming true. I've been fearing of this happening. Isn't it the worst fear of every leader? To lose a member of their group? And now I just lost not just one, but three. Three members at once. 

 

My phone rings and I don't even bother to pick it up. I just throw it on the bed beside me. Junsu's bed.. 

 

Snap out of it, Yunho! What has happened, happened. It's time to move on. But still, it hurts just to go to bed every night and see three of the beds empty. Having meals and see three chairs empty. 

 

The dorm feels so cold and quiet without the presence of the three members now. 

 

My phone rings again, and still, I ignore it. But it keeps ringing and finally, I pick it up to see who the caller is. 'Kwon Boa' is written on the screen. I sigh and pick up my best friend's call. 

 

"Finally! I've been calling you for I don't know how long and you never answers!" My best friend's voice can be heard over the phone. 

 

"Mianhae, Bboa-ya. I'm still kinda preoccupied with my thoughts." I answer back. 

 

"Would you mind going out with me to the usual coffee shop?"

 

"Probably next time? I still don't feel well."

 

"Aw, come on, Yundol! Please?"

 

I sigh, "Arraseo.."

 

"Great! Mind if I pick you up? I'm gonna drive past your dorm anyway."

 

"I'm fine with anything."

 

"Okay then, see you in about fifteen minutes! Bye!" 

 

After she hung up, I decided to take a little shower and change my clothes. A while after, I hear car honking outside my dorm. 

 

Changmin came out of the room and see me, "Hyung, are you going somewhere?"

 

"Ne, I'm going with Boa to have some coffee."

 

"Oh, okay." He answers, then goes back again to his room. 

 

He looks awful. His hair messier than ever, his eyes are bloodshot from crying, and he has eyebags under his eyes. 

 

I walk out the door and meet Boa outside. Boa grins widely at me, "Ready?"

 

I nod my head and goes to the shotgun seat. 

 

"So, mind telling me your problems?" Boa asks once we're seated on our usual spot on the back of the coffee shop, where people/fans can't really notice us. 

 

"My problems? You know well what my problems are Boa!" I said, my voice starts to rise. 

 

"I know, but wouldn't sharing it with someone makes it easier to bear?" She pauses, "If you don't wanna talk about it then, okay. I won't force you."

 

I sigh, "Jae asked me and Changmin to come with them and leave the company once the three made up their minds to leave." I sigh again, "I refused. And so did Changmin."

 

"Why did you refuse?"

 

"Because I still have a contract here, and I signed that contract personally. I wanna be a person who's responsible for his decisions. I chose to work with this company, I signed the contract, I'll finish it until the end."

 

"I'm sorry, Yunho. For all that happens." Boa says. 

 

"Don't be."

 

"Just be strong, Yundol-ah."

 

"It's not that easy! You don't know how it feels like to lose a member! You don't even have members to worry about Boa! You don't understand!" I say, feeling tears on my eyes. This is not right. Jung Yunho doesn't cry. I couldn't. I wouldn't. But this time, I just can't help it. 

 

"You're right. I don't understand. So, please, tell me."

 

She reaches forward and wipe the tears that are starting to fall. She cups my cheek in her hand and looks straight into my eyes, "Don't cry. Please." 

 

I sigh. She begins to withdraw her hand but I held on to it. Pressing it to my cheek again. My hand on top of hers. 

 

"I'm sorry I yelled at you."

 

She smiles, "It's alright, Yundol-ah."

 

I take a deep breath, 

 

"Losing a member and disbanding are every group's nightmare. Especially for the leader. Ask Teukie hyung, or Taeyeonnie. They'll understand. And now, I just experience both. I lost three members at once and now TVXQ is no more. Although we're not officially disbanded, we might as well have. With the absence of three of the members, our fans will leave us. It's just.. Argh!"

 

I bang the table with my hand, the other one still holding onto Boa's small one. 

 

"Your fans will not leave you, Yunho. You know Cassiopeias are more than that. Every now and then, I get mentions on twitter from your fans, knowing I'm your best friend, they ask me to take good care of you, to cheer you up whenever you feel sad, to always stand by you. And I'm gonna do it. Don't worry, Yunho. I'll always be here for you."

 

I manage a little smile, "Thank you, Bboa-ya."

 

I squeeze her hand a little and she smiles back. 

 

We drink our coffee and after a while, Boa says, "You know, you can still do it."

 

"What?" I ask, confused. 

 

"Singing, I mean. Your career. You can continue TVXQ with Changmin. Protect TVXQ. Stand once again under TVXQ. Cassiopeias are waiting for you, Yunho."

 

"Do you really think I can?"

 

"Oh, I don't think you can, Yunho. I know you can." She says with a smile. 

 

And for the first time in weeks, I smile again. 

 

OoO

 

For the next few days, I keep thinking about Boa's words. I can still continue. 

 

Can we do it? Changmin and I? As a duo? Isn't it harder? 

 

Those questions run in my head every time I consider the option. 

 

Finally, I decided to talk to Changmin about it. It's the first time I actually talk to Changmin, besides a few short sentences, after the group's break up. 

 

"Changmin-ah." I say, sad that Changmin still looks really horrible. 

 

"Ne, Hyung?"

 

"I was considering Boa's words. She said we can still do it. She said we should continue on as a duo. Do you think we could?"

 

"If Hyung thinks we could, I'm with you."

 

With that, we both go to Soo Man sonsaengnim and ask him if we could continue on. 

 

"Ssem, do you think we could continue on as TVXQ? I want to perform again. To see my fans again." I say. 

 

Lee Soo Man nods thoughtfully, "I think it's a great idea. For you two to continue on. TVXQ is, after all, still one of SM's best group and I think it's about time for you to get over your misery and move on."

 

 Changmin and I nod. We can do this. 

 

"So be it." Lee Soo Man says, "Let's start preparing for the return of the kings, shall we?" 

 

OoO

 

"Jubyeon saramdeul modu hanagachi nalbogo neo wae geurae, wae geurae, wae geurae, nan imi nappeun nom.." I practice my lines over and over again. 

 

We're on our waiting room at the backstage of the SMTOWN concert and we'll be performing shortly. I see Changmin eating in the corner of the room. 

 

"Ya! It's almost our turn and you're still eating?"

 

"Hyung, I eat when I'm nervous. Deal with it." He says with his mouth full. 

 

I sigh, a little smile is forming. My dongsaeng. However his appearance might change over the years, his inner personality never changes. 

 

"Don't talk with your mouth full, Min."

 

I open the door and found someone there, fist raised. 

 

"I was just about to knock." Boa says, smiling widely. 

 

"Oh, hi Bboa."

 

"Are you nervous?" Boa asks. 

 

"To be honest, yes. I'm even more nervous now than on my debut day. What if our fans aren't out there? What if they left us?"

 

Surprisingly, Boa stepped forward and hug me tightly, "Don't worry, Yundol-ah. I've gone out there and the red ocean is still as bright as ever. Your fans are not gonna leave you, Yundol. Okay, I have to go now." 

 

She releases me from the embrace and kisses me. I was shocked at first, but finally kiss her back. 

 

"Good luck, Yundol-ah!" She smiles. 

 

"Thank you, Bboa-ya." I say and hug her once again. 

 

"TVXQ up next!" One of the staffs shouts. 

 

My heartbeat start to race. Changmin looks even more nervous than I am, but he manages a smile, "Come on, hyung. I'm sure we'll do fine."

 

"Ne, Changmin-ah. Let's go." 

 

And so here we are. We're back again. After a long time of hiatus and practicing, finally we're back. 

 

I can't even say how happy I am when I heard hundreds and hundreds of Cassiopeias screaming our names again, seeing the red ocean again, performing for our fans again.  

 

"It's been a long time, isn't it?" I ask the fans. 

 

"NEEE!!" They answer back. 

 

Thank you for not leaving us. Thank you, Cassiopeias. 

 

OoO

 

The next day, I go to see Boa. I found her on the practice room. Practicing her dances alone.   

 

I come up behind her when she's not looking and hug her from the back tightly. 

 

"Oh, Yundol-ah!"

 

"Bboa-ya. Gomawoyo. If you didn't encourage me to continue on, I wouldn't have."

 

She turns around to face me and put her hands around my neck, mine still on her waist. I smile and she smiles back. 

 

I lean down and kiss her.  

 

"Saranghae, Bboa-ya." I say, suprising even myself. 

 

"Nado saranghae." She smiles. 

 

We embrace again and when we finally pull back, Boa says playfully, "Now, treat me an ice cream! Like you said, you wouldn't be here if it wasn't for me, so buy me an ice cream as a thank you."

 

I laugh, "Arraseo!"

 

I take her hand, "Kaja!"