Attack!

Last Summer

 

I screamed at the top of my lungs and was almost in tears when he handed me the plane tickets. Hoya took a step back, in surprise. I was surprised myself. There were only a few things in the world that could make me scream. Bugs and when I had to go over to the nasty old lady across the street to be taken care of.

“Excited?” He asked, laughing at me.

“You got to be kidding me!” I exclaimed, looking at the plane tickets to Daecheon Beach. We were going there to catch the meteor shower three days later which was predicted by the NASA. I wished I could say that it was a coincidence that when Hoya wanted to catch the meteor shower, it was already scheduled to drop by Korea but sadly that was not the case.

He was listening to the radio one day when NASA reported that a meteor shower could be sighted in Korea and he just conveniently added it to his bucket list.

I looked at him worried as realization dawned on me.

“Are you sure?” I asked, waving the tickets at him.

“I can pay you back. It’ll just take some time though since I don’t have much money with me right now.”

Hoya shook his head of brown hair.

“Don’t worry about it. I’ve got it all covered. My parents are paying for us and they just want us to have fun. So what do you say? Are you in?”

I smiled coyly, “You know I am not exactly humble when it comes to free items.” Hoya rolled his eyes at me as I burst into smile laughter, “plus this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to watch a meteor shower!”

“So I can count you in? Right beside me? On the plane?” Hoya stuffed his hands into his pocket and looked up at me, giving me a boyish grin.

My heart thumped as I gulped before returning him with a smile of my own.

“Right beside you!”

His smile grew wider as he beckoned me to follow him.

“Well come on then, let’s give some people a shower of bliss.”

I grinned cheekily as I knew what he was referring to.

We went up to the 5th storey carpark with a whole bucket full of water balloons. In actual fact, we wanted to go to Nam San Tower or somewhere as tall as that but then I decided against it. I thought it would be more fun dropping water balloons at people at a lower height so that we could see their reactions clearly for our entertainment.

We sat down there and peered through the railings, waiting for possible targets. A lady walked out from the carpark, viewing her perfect manicure and sighing in boredom. I nudged Hoya and he nodded his head in approval. I grabbed hold of one water balloon, aimed and took shot.

“HOLY ! WHO IS THAT WHO DID THIS?!” She turned and looked around furiously. Hoya and I ducked under the railings, observing her reaction with utmost amusement. Her sugar daddy ran out when he heard the commotion. His eyes widened in shock at the sight of her before breaking into a smile.

“Hey babe, do you know you look even hotter when you are wet? Do you want me to make you even wetter?” Then he gave her a sloppy kiss on her cheek. Appeased, she hooked arms with him and walked away not before turning around and shouting to the sky, “IF I EVER FIND OUT WHO DID THIS, YOU ARE GOING TO PAY.”

I pretended to gag after seeing the disgusting public display of affections and Hoya just patted my back sympathetically.  

We spent our whole afternoon, dropping water bombs on unsuspecting people and laughing at their reactions. Soon, we were only left with four water balloons. I sighed, “Good times don’t last.”

“It was fun while it lasted.” He said before glancing down to find his next victim. Suddenly, he did a double take and his face broke into a smile.

“I think we just found our next victims.”

I looked down and saw Infinite. I smirked back. The game was on. We each took two water balloons and waited for all of them to gather to maximize our water balloons.

“Now!”

We screamed and threw our bombs at them. They didn’t have time to react before they were splashed with cold water. Sungyeol was standing the furthest away from the bombs, looked up and caught our eyes.

“There! Lee Hoya and Park Yoomi! Quick!”

He pointed towards us. I was still standing there, enjoying their reactions when Hoya pulled my arm, breaking my reverie. He quickly grabbed our bucket and broke into a dash, still holding onto my arm.

I looked down at the hand holding tightly onto my wrist and smiled to myself. I was still on cloud nine until I saw Sungyeol pointing towards us, eyes filled with rage. We backed off a few steps before turning around and fleeing.

As we rounded the corner, I could hear footsteps and shouts. I pulled Hoya back and we hid behind the wall.

I saw a drenched Myungsoo storming over and giving Sungyeol a hard push.

“How could you lose them? You useless fool!”

Sungyeol shoved Myungsoo back and shouted in his face.

“Hey! Who was the one just standing there and whining about how his clothes were ruined because of the water! Just stand there and look pretty! After all, that’s what you are good for!”

Myungsoo was about to retaliate but Dongwoo pulled them apart.

“Guys quit fighting. You are an embarrassment to all of us. And we were just hit by water bombs. No big deal. Just take it as a prank from kids. Let it go.”

Myungsoo and Sungyeol rolled their eyes and turned away from each other.

Sunggyu sighed and beckoned them to gather.     

“Come on guys, let’s go home and dry up.”

I watched them leave the carpark before turning around. Then, I realized that Hoya was just inches away from me. I looked up at him and I saw him staring at me. He slowly bent down, face just hovering above mine. My chest suddenly became constricted and I could feel my ears turning red. I closed my eyes, not sure of what to do. Billions of thoughts ran across my head but all that stopped when I heard a chuckle. I opened one eye and was dismayed to see Hoya laughing. He squeezed my ears.

“Oh my, you look like Rudolph the red-nose reindeer except you have red ears.”

I groaned and pushed him away.

"You are such a jerk."

And then I walked off without him. 

Hoya sighed and stuffed his hands into his jean pockets.

He whispered to the wind, “Please forgive me.”

**

a/n: Woah guys! It's been quite some time! Hope you enjoy this chapter. And hope that you guys are enjoying the comedic part of the fic cause the angst part is coming soon! Please comment so that I can feel your lurve!! ^^

And just in case, you guys are interested, Hoya has completed four items on his bucket list. Go check the bucket list again in Chapter 1 if you have forgotten! As always, love you guys!