Chapter 10 History

The Rightful Heir

Suroo was meeting with Jongin at a coffee shop near the university to answer some of his questions regarding Evey and her relationship with his mom.  But the engagement party preparations went longer than expected.  After rescheduling a couple times, Jongin eventually put the thoughts aside and focused on Uee..  It had been 3 months since he last saw Evey, he avoided the noodle shop, and rumors said she even moved back to Tokyo.  Upon hearing this Jongin felt a little upset.  "She didn't even say goodbye." 

Suroo was heading to Shibuya in search for Evey.  Kiyou's noodle shop has been the talk of the town and he is hoping Evey is present so he could speak urgently with her.  Fortunately her shares still belonged to her because due to the preparations of the engagement party Jongin has not been able to officially sign the papers, plus with Evey's sudden disappearance from Seoul, she too did not sign the papers.  Now Suroo is determined to reveal to Evey why she was given those shares in the first place.  Only he, the deceased Lady K, and Jongin's father know the secret.  Surprisingly enough Jongin's father never argued about the shares since Evey was willing to give it to his son, but Suroo could not let this happen, not when Evey is the true heir of K Conglomerate.  

Evey was waiting at the bar happily greeting customers and helping with drinks.  Suroo smiled and she greeted them with the kindest smile back.  The two sat at her office eating noodles and catching up.  Suroo asked her why she left suddenly, she admitted to loving Jongin and it was hard hearing about the engagement, it became very difficult for her.  But she plans to go back for she developed a surprising relationship with Jongin's cousin Luhan who has been studying in Japan.  The two plan to go back to Seoul when his semester abroad is over and leave the noodle shop for Kiyou's apprentice. 

Suroo decided to show her a photo of her mom's father.  Her mom at the time the photo was taken was only five years old.  His wife, Evey's grandmother died of complications during the birth of her mother.  He told her that he gave up his daughter for adoption and never found her during his lifetime.  When he was successful as a businessman he remarried and adopted a little girl, that little girl was Lady K.  When Lady K was 21 she was asked by her father to find his real daughter and share the company's success.  Lady K sincerely wanted to, but at 25 she still could not find Evey's mother.  When she married, her father became sick and thoughts of depression came.  Her father, Jongin's grandfather, passed away.  The death of her father and her cancer weakened her throughout the years, when her son turned 9 years old, she grew very ill.  Jongin's dad took over the company while his mother was hospitalized.  

 

At the hospital, she met a friend, a nurse who took great care for her, Evey's mother.  She also met a then 8 year old Evey who saved her from a suicide attempt.  Forever grateful,  Jongin's mother took them into the household and became exponentially better.  Eight years later Lady K found an old photo of Evey's mom when she was a child, it was given to her with a box of other memories she gave to Lady K when she and her daughter were asked to laeve the estate.  The photo was taken at an orphanage, the same orphanage that her father told her about.  The young girl looked familiar, she had seen that 5 year old before.  She looked through her album and found the photo of her father and his 5 year old daughter he put up for adoption.  It was the same girl, it was Evey's mom!  Finding the family registry and confirmed that Evey is her father's grandchild she searched for them to return what was rightfully theirs, K Conglomerate.  Lady K fell ill again, and when she found out that Evey's mother passed away in Japan she promised that Evey will inherit her shares.  Her final wish is for her her son to run the company with Evey, both are heirs to the company, but Evey, with blood of her true grandfather running through her veins, is the rightful heir.  

Stunned, shocked, and bewildered, Evey couldn't find the right words to say.  So Jongin's grandfather wasn't related to him or his mom by blood, but in fact it was her all this time.  Determined as ever, Evey wanted to reclaim K Conglomerate and help Jongin run her grandfather's company alongside him.  But will he accept this?