`one

Home Sweet Home

Morning came as Kaeun stood in front of mirror that was hung by her closet. She was in her school uniform and was a bit excited to wear it because she never had to wear one before. She smiles at herself in the mirror and turns around while looking back at the mirror to see the back side of her. Her smile shrinks a bit as the thought of being the 'new' student suddenly irritates her. She lets out a sigh and moves away from the mirror. Kaeun reaches for her schoolbag and grabs it, heading out of her bedroom. She walks down the stairs and finds Jungah fixing a breakfast for her while Kahi was drinking a cup of coffee and reading a newspaper.

"Why didn't Nana come home last night?" Jungah mutters while putting the plate she had fixed for Kaeun on the opposite side of the table where Kahi was sitting. "I told her to come home."

"She probably stayed at Lizzy's," said Kahi, not moving her eyes away from the newspaper.

"I'm going to give her a good scold-oh morning, Kaeun," said Jungah as she sees Kaeun standing by the stairs with her schoolbag. "I've made you breakfast." The short hair brunette gives Kaeun a smile as she walks over and sits down where the plate was placed.

"Thanks," said Kaeun with a smile.

"Eat to your fullest. I'll cook you some more if you're still hungry."

"No, thanks. This will fill me up." Kahi finally moves her eyes away from the newspaper and looks at Kaeun.

"Don't be shy. You're our family too," said Kahi, moving her eyes back to the newspaper. About ten minutes have passed, Kaeun was finally done eating. She heads to the door with her schoolbag and got her shoes on. Kahi and Jungah were right behind her, treating her like their own daughter, watching her leave for school.

"Thanks again," said Kaeun.

"Do you remember your way to school?" asked Kahi. Kaeun nods with a smile. Jungah hands her a home-made lunch.

"Don't starve yourself. I packed a lot for you," said Jungah. Kaeun thanked her and leaves.

"Babe, what time is it?" asked Kahi.

"Honey, you're probably going to be late for work," said Jungah as she laughs a bit, heading back to the kitchen to clean up. Kahi quickly rushes up the stairs, to get change.

Enjoying the fresh air of Seoul, Kaeun was a bit happy. She was walking in a bit of a fast pace and was swinging her arms back and forth while enjoying her surroundings. The neighborhood wasn't bad and walking to school, she didn't mind. But when being in school and having everyone talk about her and being the 'new' attention, she doesn't really like it. The reason why is that since she was nine, she has always been the 'new' girl until now. She never liked it and was tired of it. She didn't have any friends actually because of her parents except one. Every two or three months, they would move to another country or city causing her to transfer again and again. So her parents made the decision to send her back here, in Seoul, where she actually belongs. Kaeun attended a couple of private schools when she was overseas with her parents but she didn't really like it because of the strict rules, so she preferred to attend a public school than private.

While humming a song to herself, at the corner of her eyes, she spots two girls kissing in an alleyway. Kaeun turns her head a bit and takes a glance as it was a tall blonde girl, who happens to be wearing the same uniform as her, and a long hair brunette. The blonde girl suddenly meets Kaeun's eyes and breaks the kiss, still keeping her eyes on her. Kaeun looks away and continues walking, pretending that she didn't see anything.

"Why did you stop, babe?" asked the brunette.

"Sorry, something came up. I'll see you at school." The blonde quickly leaves the alleyway, leaving the brunette all alone.

Finally arriving at school on time, Kaeun heads to the principal's office. While walking there, she was getting many looks from every person she walks by. Obviously, she knew that this was going to happen to her so she didn't care since she was use to it. She finds the principal's office and knocks on the door. "Come in!" She heard the voice and opens the door, entering. The principal was a lady who seemed to be in her early thirties.

"Take a seat," said the principal, signaling her to the empty chair in front of her. Kaeun sits down. "What brings you here?" She places her elbows at the edge of her desk and linked her hands together, putting it under her chin. Her eyes were focused on Kaeun who sat there.

"I'm a new student here," she said. The principal leans back and opens a drawer full of papers.

"And what's your name?" She didn't make eye contact with Kaeun and was searching through the papers.

"Lee Kaeun." She finally pulls out a file that was hid under a pile of papers.

"Lee Kaeun. You attended a lot of schools oversea," she said, reading Kaeun's profile. "A couple private schools too. Impressive, very impressive. You were one of the top twenty fives also." She closes the file and places it back in the drawer full of papers. "Well, Kaeun. Welcome to Jawoon High School. I hope you like it here. I'll show you to your homeroom." The principal gets up and walks to the door as Kaeun follows her. Walking down the hallway, she notices that she was getting point at by a few people and others whispering into each other's ears while watching her go by. The bell suddenly rings, making the students rush to their classrooms in a panic. A couple had even pushed her a bit to get to their classes. Whenever they did, she would roll her eyes at them. Finally reaching the classroom, the principal walks inside as she stood outside the classroom, looking at the classroom sign, Class 2-B.  Here it goes again, thought Kaeun as she walks in quietly, but something stops her. At the end of the hallway, she sees a girl walking towards her direction. Kaeun takes a good look at her and realizes that it was that tall blonde girl from earlier in the morning. They both exchange eye contact until the blonde suddenly gave her a smirk causing Kaeun to redden a bit and turn away, entering the classroom. The blonde walks past her as she enters the classroom, feeling every eye on her when the principal was in the middle of introducing her to the class.

"Please make her feel welcome," said the principal, ending the introduction, as she smiles and heads out. Kaeun stands in front of the classroom beside the teacher.

"Hello Kaeun. Welcome, to my classroom. I'm Ms. Yang, your homeroom teacher" the teacher introduces herself. "Your seat will be the empty desk in the middle row next to the window." Kaeun nods and heads over to her seat. Everyone's attention was on her as there was a few whispering among the students. Obviously, Kaeun could hear them as some were complimenting her on her looks while the others badmouthed her. But of course, she didn't care. "Class will start in fifteen minutes. I'm giving you guys some time to prepare for the quiz I told you about. I hoped you study!" With that, Ms. Yang leaves the room and the students begin their chattering. Kaeun lets out a sigh and didn't know what to do. At the corner of her eye, she sees two girls standing by her desk. She looks up at them and sees two brunettes smiling at her.

"Hi, I'm Park Jiyeon. This is my friend, Lee Jieun," said one of the girls.

"You can call me IU instead for my nickname," said the other one.

"Lee Kaeun," said Kaeun.

"So the principal said that you were from overseas. Are you from the states?" asked IU. Kaeun shook her head, but stopped.

"I'm from Paris but I lived in the states for a few years and also in London, Rome, and Milan," replied Kaeun. The two girls' jaw dropped as they couldn't believe that Kaeun had lived in so many places. There was a sudden shout, making everyone rushing to the hallway. They looked over while everyone suddenly starts talking about a girl that goes by the name Nana. Due to her curiosity, Kaeun wanted to know how Nana was like, so she asked Jiyeon and IU who was somewhat spazzing over Nana. There was a gap between the crowds, allowing Kaeun to see what was going on in the hallway.

"Who's Nana...?" asked Kaeun. Jiyeon and IU turns to her.

"Nana is like a goddess, but she's more like an ice princess," said Jiyeon, suddenly surprise at the sight of Nana in the hallway.

"Everybody loves her, even the teachers," said IU. "Oh! Is she coming this way?" They got excited and ran for the door to greet Nana. Kaeun remains at her desk and realize that this is her first time coming to a school that has a student where everybody favors. She lets out a sigh, feeling a bit surprised that she's finally experiencing something new. She sees the tall blonde again who was making her way into the classroom. Everyone's eyes followed her as she was clearly looking at Kaeun while walking in. So...This is Nana? Kahi's and Jungah's daughter?, thought Kaeun. Nana walks towards her, making Kaeun somewhat a bit nervous. She's going to be living with this popular chick at her new school during her stay in Seoul. She starts wondering how it was going to be like living with this girl, Nana, who's known as the ice princess at Jawoon High School. Kaeun sat in her desk, imagining all the things that could happen between the two of them. She was thinking that they might not get along though she knew that Kahi and Jungah would want them to.

"You look different today," said Nana as she changes her direction to another girl who sat a couple desks away from Kaeun.

"Me...?" The girl's face quickly reddens, surprised that Nana was talking to her. The blonde suddenly touches the girl's hair and leans in towards her left ear, whispering something. Kaeun tries to not look at Nana, but couldn't help it. She was observing the blonde, noticing that she was a player by seeing her kiss another girl this morning on the way to school, giving a smirk to Kaeun, and now whispering into a girl's ear making her blush hard. Is Nana like this around her parents?, Kaeun thinks to herself as her eyes suddenly meets Nana's eyes again. Another smirk appears on the blonde's face while slowly pulling away from the girl's ear. Her eyes were still on Kaeun when people started gathering around her. Kaeun looks away while Jiyeon and IU came back to her.

"Did you just see that?!" said Jiyeon. "She was talking to her, whispering into her ear!"

"She was looking at me the whole time," said Kaeun, making the two girls look at her.

"What? No way. If Nana sets her eyes on someone, she's going to make that person hers," said IU as they turn back to Nana, continues watching her.

"Seems like she has a chance now to be with Nana," said Jiyeon, letting out a sigh.

"She seems like a player anyway," Kaeun mumbles to herself. They glance back at her, wondering what she just said. "She looks like a cool person." The girls smile and nodded.

"What's going on here?!" a teacher suddenly shouted, entering the classroom. Everybody dashes out, going back to their own classrooms while Nana pretends to be a student in Class 2-B where she actually belongs in Class 3-D. Everyone in 2-B goes back to their seat and sits quietly whereas Nana was sitting beside Kaeun, watching her at the corner of her eyes. Kaeun kept her head low and was doodling in her notebook that she had just took out. As soon as the teacher left, everybody got up again while Nana leans towards Kaeun and takes a glance at what she was drawing.

"So I heard you're the new student," said Nana. "What's your name?" Kaeun stops drawing and looks at her. Kaeun doesn't reply and continues. "I'm Im Jinah, but you can call me Nana. You probably heard my name already though from earlier. Tell me, what's your name?"

"Lee Kaeun," she finally answers the blonde. Nana, hearing the name, pauses for a moment as she tries to remember where she heard that name.

"Have we met before?" the blonde asked, having a feeling that she had met this girl before. From what I heard from your parents, yes we have. But I don't remember, thought Kaeun. "Tell me about your-."

"Im Jinah," said Ms. Yang, interrupting Nana. The blonde looks at Ms. Yang who was standing in front of the classroom with papers in her hand. "Please return to your classroom. Class is starting." Nana smiles and gets up from the desk. Everyone watches her until she leaves and then looks at Kaeun who sat in her seat, continuing her doodle. Most of them couldn't believe that Kaeun had already attracted Nana's attention on her first day. "Okay, everyone. Get ready for your quiz. It's an easy quiz if you took good notes and reviewed them last night when I told you to. It'll be a thirty question quiz. When you're done, place them up here and remain silent until everyone is done." She starts handing out the quizzes and then looks at Kaeun. "Kaeun, you don't have to take the quiz. You can find something to do quietly during the quiz." Kaeun nods and continues her doodle as she thought about Nana and was laughing to herself inside at the thought that Nana was trying to hit on her. How am I going to deal with this player at home and at school?

----------

I hope this chapter is good so far~ xO

Put a lot of thought in it. But anyways~ ^^

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT!!!

I WILL HEART YOU FOREVER <3

Hehehehehehehehehehehehe!