Grateful

Lovely

It was a really quiet day. The wind blew coldly behind closed windows. Of course, the sky’s still dark, people still drowned in their dreams, except for a cute young woman who was smiling and giggling secretly under a soft blanket.

A pair of bodies were sprawled on a not-so-neat king sized bed. The taller one had his left arm around the shorter’s bloated tummy, while his right arm were trapped comfortably under her head. He was still deep asleep, not realizing that his wife had already awoken and was talking to herself…and their unborn baby.

“Hey, pumpkin!” Chanyeol smiled, soft hand caressing her own stomach gently. “Are you awake, baby?” She waited for three second. Then a giggle escaped when a little kick was felt on her hand. “Ah, nice to know that, little one.” She sighed. “I really, really, really want to see you, my love.” She moved her palm around the huge mound, feeling the stretch but still soft skin of her own. “I really want to see how much we are alike.” She giggled again. “Today Mommy and Daddy will visit our Doctor to see if you’re developed perfectly or not. I know you are 100% healthy and beautiful, Love. But this huge Daddy of yours always worries on us. Ah…and the Doctor said we can see if you are a baby girl or a baby boy too today. Uhm…But no matter what gender you are, we always love you okay, Pumpkin.” A kick was felt again. “Haha, you’re so hyper. I hope you’re not as awkward as your Daddy.” The baby kicked again. “If you’re a boy, I hope you’ll be tall and well-built like Daddy. And then I wanna see my heroes play basketball together.” She giggled. “You’ll make a really perfect guy, with my beautiful face and Daddy’s glorious body. Don’t forget to be smart too, okay. Your grandpa’s a really smart man.”

“And if you’re a girl. You’ll be so delicate like me.” She blushed at her own words. “You’ll have a really beautiful face and nice body like your parents’.” She giggled. “Every boy will chase after you, but be careful, Pumpkin! Your Daddy’s a possessive one.” Chanyeol took Yifan’s hand and interlaced their fingers together. She put their hands on her tummy and sighed. “Ah, I feel so happy, Baby. We’re happy that God trusts us. We’re happy that you’re here, with Mommy and Daddy.”

Unconsciously, tears escape Chanyeol’s beautiful eyes. Some of them fell on Yifan’s arm, and magically it woke him up.

“Yeol?” He asked with hoarse voice that full of anxiety and worry. “Hey, baby?” He kissed her nape softly. “Are you crying? What happened?” The guy got up and checked on his wife. “Are you feeling bad? Was I too rough last night?” He wiped Chanyeol’s tears and frown. “Hey, I am sorry! Come on, I’ll give you a massage—”

The young woman smiled, “No, no, Yifan, stop it! You’re being funny!” She took his hands and kissed them. “I am happy, you fool!”

Yifan caressed her cheeks, but the frown hadn’t left his face. “But you’re crying!”

“Tears of happiness, have you heard it?” She tried to get up but stop abruptly when a pain shoot her spine, “Ouch!”

“Hey, be careful!” Yifan helped his wife to sit. “Let’s…here, lean on me!” He let Chanyeol rested her back on his chest.

Chanyeol giggled, Yifan could be so cute when he was over-worrying.

“Are you comfortable enough?” Yifan pulled the blanket and dropped it around their waists.

Chanyeol nodded. “Yeah, thank you—” She turned her head and pecked Yifan’s lips. “—Daddy!”

Yifan stared at Chanyeol’s innocent face and groaned. “Please don’t start again, Yeol!”

The young wife chuckled. “What? You’re a Daddy for our little pumpkin!”

“But not that kind of Daddy for you!” Yifan leaned down to bit on Chanyeol’s bottom lip and smiled. “Don’t call me Daddy if you don’t wanna see the beast get out of me!”

“But—”

Yifan sighed. “So, what did make you cry?”

Chanyeol sighed, she moved to their first position, her back on his chest. “Just, I am so happy.”

“For?”

She interlaced their fingers together and squeezed them gently. “For everything. For us, for our baby and our money.” She laughed a little.

Yifan kissed her crown and smiled. “Me too. But please don’t make me worry by crying like that.”

“I just can’t help it, Boo~”

Yifan sighed. “So, today we’ll see the doctor, right?”

Chanyeol nodded.

“What do you want our baby to be? A girl or a boy?” Yifan caressed Chanyeol’s stomach lovingly.

“I don’t mind. I just want our baby to be healthy and beautiful no matter what.”

Yifan chuckled. “Great, because I am sure that it is a she.”

“How can you know it?” Chanyeol frowned at his words.

The guy laughed, “Because after you get pregnant, you get hornier than ever. Maybe it’s because of our little baby girl wanna see my huge co—”

“Shut up, you head!”

--