The Other Side II

Switched Groom [Hiatus]

 

OH DEAR I'm pretty much losing ideas here.

Anyway thanks for all the comments and here's a new chapter!

Hope you guys enjoy! :D

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So, in the end, he just tried to bluff her off by saying “You simply walk to the other side.”

Like isn’t that what she tried to do that other time?

So she tried to ask him, “but isn’t that what I did the other time?”

But he only replied, “are you sure that’s what you did?”

Confusing much? She is very confused indeed.

But, she reckoned, there must be a reason for why Taemin is saying this. Unless he’s lying. A voice spoke inside her.

Could he? He looks too much of a gentleman to be lying about such things. Jinri thought to herself.

Wait. Lee Taemin, a gentleman? Scratch that. Oh my god. Another voice spoke inside her.

So, when Taemin was once again summoned by King Taein, she decided to simply walk to the other side.

Which she managed to do so, after ignoring the guard’s constant repeating that nobody should cross here.

So the guard only talks and no work. Jinri thought to herself. Maybe that’s his job.

But heck, that other side is so vast and complicated. There’s even something like a forest over there.

So how do I seriously begin exploring? Jinri thought to herself, when she suddenly bumped into someone.

“Aish!” He complained.

“I’m sorry.” Jinri replied as she turned to look up at the guy. He looks…feminine? Wait, a eunuch? Yes he must be one, since he’s clad in that typical eunuch-type of dressing. Jinri thought to herself.

“Mmm.” The guy replied and pretty much glared at her.

Now that was the thing. Jinri hated to be glared at. Especially when that guy, whoops, that eunuch was the person doing so. Like a lowly eunuch glaring at her? Jinri will never accept it.

*Cough* “I do expect some form of apology.” Jinri spoke up.

Apology? Doesn’t this kid know who I am? Key thought to himself.

Then again, I don’t think I have seen her before. Yet she doesn’t seem like a servant or anything, since she’s pretty dressed up.

King appa’s new concubine? Key thought to himself. Oh gosh, his concubines are getting younger and younger with time.

I mean, this girl is probably just around my age or younger! He screamed into his head.

“Why should I?” Key stared back at the girl.

“WHAT?” The girl appeared very shocked. “Does a eunuch like you have a choice to argue?” She replied.

A EUNUCH? Does this pretty lady think that the Almighty Key Prince is a eunuch?! Key screamed into his head and stared down, to finally remember that he was at the other side, and was therefore pretty much cross-dressed as a eunuch.

It was a rule. Princes are not allowed to cross over to the other side without valid reason. But there was a lotus pond there that Key adored so much, so he just had to cross dress and reach the other side.

And just nice, he met this amusing girl today.

He was going to walk away, and Choi Jinri is not one that would let go of him unless she’s satisfied which apparently, she is not, because he had not apologized yet.

So she pulled him back.

And his headwear fell off.

So she already saw that he had a pretty face. But coupled with a suitable hairstyle, he was almost perfection.

Are eunuchs all so…pretty and good looking? Jinri thought to herself. DAMN, why doesn’t our residence have this kind of eunuchs? She thought further.

Key smiled at her dazed expression. “Are you captivated by my beauty?” He teased, pulling her closer as she continued to be staring at blankness.

At the same time, Taemin had also just crossed over to the other side when he could not find Jinri inside the residence.

I mean, where else could she be? She’s definitely dying to find Kai. He thought to himself, and a tinge of sourness came into him.

Why can’t she just look at me? Another voice spoke inside him.

Wait a moment, look at me? Taemin thought to himself. Why do I want her to look at me?

And it shouldn’t be my business if she looks at others, right?

Oh brilliant, his opinion was just being tested on as he saw the sight in front of him.

Yes, she was staring at another person. Not Kai though. But that doesn’t necessarily mean a good thing.

She was very captivated by the eunuch.

He could see it.

A EUNUCH!

Why would she rather stare at a eunuch instead of me? Am I that bad? Taemin screamed to himself.

A pair of hands tore the two apart. Taemin, duh. Who else would it be?

“Why are you…” Taemin was about to confront the eunuch when he saw clearly his face. That pretty face.

“Omo, Prince Key.” Taemin greeted.

That was when Jinri felt like digging a hole in the ground and burying her head in it.

She just offended…a Prince.

“Prince…Prince Key.” Jinri greeted as well, half stuttering.

Hmmm… Key thought to himself, this Taemin just had to ruin the moment.

“Taemin, who is this?” Key asked, obviously referring to Jinri.

“Choi Jinri, my newly-wed wife.”

Okay…at least she’s not some ridiculously young concubine of King appa. Key thought to himself.

“Hmm okay, you may take your leave.” Key instructed.

Taemin tugged Jinri away.

“So…did you manage to find the pin?” Taemin asked.

“What pin?” Jinri replied, having already forgotten the lie that she weaved for herself.

KNEW YOU WERE LYING ABOUT IT! Taemin thought to himself.

“The very precious pin that your mum would have died if you cannot find it?” Taemin replied.

OH RIGHT! That pin! Jinri mentally cursed herself for having forgotten about it.

“Not yet.” She replied. Of course she could not say yes, she didn’t even have a single pin with her right now!

“Hmm…makes me think if the pin issue was all a lie…” Taemin continued.

DID HE SEE THROUGH IT? Jinri thought to herself.

OH WELL I SAW THROUGH IT SINCE IDK HOW LONG AGO! Taemin thought to himself.

“Of course NOT!” Jinri shouted in defence, or perhaps in shock.

OF COURSE YES! YOU NEED TO POLISH ON YOUR LYING SKILLS! Taemin thought to himself once again.

Wait, she should not polish on her lying skills, so that I can see through it each time. He thought to himself.

“Mmm…” Taemin replied something rather inaudible. “So what’s up with Prince Key and you?” He asked.

“What’s up? Nothing’s up.” Jinri replied.

“What’s with all the eye gazing and being captivated?” Taemin probed on.

CAPTIVATED? WAS I REALLY? Jinri thought to himself. Then again, it must be real when even Taemin could see it.

“It’s nothing much. You’re seeing double.” Jinri smiled to Taemin in hoping to convince him.

HELLO, CHOI JINRI. YOU DON’T USE ‘SEEING DOUBLE’ THIS WAY. Taemin screamed to himself again.

“Hopefully,” Taemin replied, speaking to Jinri and perhaps himself too.

Silence~

“Just stay away from Prince Key.” Taemin started.

“Why?” Jinri asked back.

“Because you’re already married,” Taemin replied.

“So…you’re jealous?” Jinri teased, “Because your pretty wife may get stolen away anytime?”

Taemin stopped in his tracks, pondering through her words.

Is she right? That I’m jealous?

Then again, it’s alright for me to be jealous right? Since she’s supposed to be mine...

“Maybe I am?” He replied with a question, leaving Jinri being puzzled about it.

Jinri’s POV:

So, is he exactly jealous or not?

And why am I so affected by his indefinite answer?

Aish! Stop thinking about it.