6

One More Try

 

 
 
 
 
 
"Oppa, I'm really sorry I can't send you to the airport today" Nana pouted as she fixed Myungsoo's scarf.
Christmas just ended yesterday and so it was still as cold as ice outside and the non-stop snow was still pouring.
He smiled sweetly and patted her head. "Don't worry. I'm okay. I know you're busy with your  upcoming defense."
She continued on pouting and looked up at him. "I'm going to miss you Myungsoo oppa."
He scoffed with a smile and nodded. He pinched her cheeks and cooed, "I'm going to miss you too! So you better do a good job with your researches and all!"
She hit his chest and made a face. "You sounded like a dad! not a boyfriend."
He chuckled and both of them went out of their apartment.
 
The taxi came soon and he put his luggages at the back of the car with the help of the driver.
And before he could get inside, he looked at Nana and smiled.
"I'll be back soon okay?" He tilted his head to the side as he looked at at her.
Nana sniffed and ran to hug him. She leaned her head to his chest and hugged him tightly.
"Be back as soon as possible okay? I'm really going to miss you!"
He lifted her chin up to meet her eyes and leaned down to give her a peck on her lips. "I'm going to miss you too."
 
. . . . . . . 
 
 
Soon, Myungsoo was now in Seoul.
He smiled widely as he went out of the Incheon Airport and inhaled the cold wind breeze of Seoul.
"Huwaaa~ I miss this country. It's been two years!" He muttered under his breath and soon, he saw his parents waving at him.
He removed his black sunglasses and waved back. He quickly ran to them and gave both his mom and dad a hug.
"I miss you Mom! Dad!" He brightly said and his parents nodded their heads.
He noticed the sad smile on his mom and he quickly knew why. "Are you alright mom?"
His mom sadly smiled widely for him and patted his shoulder. "I'm alright son. Especially you're here already. Let's go home now so that you can rest."
 
 
Myungsoo examined his room that was untouched for the past two years.
It  was still the same when he left it. A black and white room.
He smiled as he looked at each of the picture frames that was placed beside his bed and memories from his past started replaying on his mind.
Pictures with his friends during highschool, pictures with his relatives when he was younger and pictures with her.
He smiled sadly as he took the picture frame with him and her posing a dorky pose.
He chuckled as he stared at it. "I thought I kept this picture in my cabinet? Why is it still displayed here?"
He tilted his head to the side and looked around.
He then saw the cabinet he was talking about and walked towards it.
 
As he opened the cabinet, he then bent down and opened the small drawer on its right side.
Keychains, bracelet, letters, candy wrappers, more pictures and a necklace were there inside.
He took the letters and chuckled as he remembered how popular he was back then.
He was a kingka when he was in Highschool and he's getting hundreds of letters in a week.
"I wonder if these girls who gave me these letters got boyfriends already?" He chuckled as he scanned the letters.
 
Next is the keychains and cany wrappers. He scoffed with a smile as he held onto it.
"Seriously. I really kept this?" He chuckled and placed it to the side. The keychains are the souveniers he got from Lotte World's souvenier shop.
He got it with her. They bought it together in pairs.
And for the candy wrappers, since the two of them really love sweet candies, he thought of keeping the candy wrappers after they ate the candy that they bought.
It sounded so childish but that was really sweet of him back then because it held memories.
He even thought he'll be keeping a thousand wrappers or more of it but it didn't happened since they broke up when he reached their 300th wrapper.
 
He then took the bracelet and necklace. It was a couple accesories.
It was during their first anniversary when the two of them thought of buying a couple necklace and bracelet.
Its pendant were both a sign of Infinity. Because, like what he said back then, they will be together, forever.
But that again didn't happen of course, because they broke up.
A sad smile came up to his face when he replayed that scene on his mind while buying those accessories.
 
"Are you serious oppa? This infinity necklace and bracelet?" A 3rdyear Highschool Jiyeon asked as she looked at the displayed accessories.
Myungsoo nodded his head and looked up at the saleslady. "We'll took that."
She looked up at him and pouted. "I wanted a heart pendant though."
He turned his face to her and tilted his head. "But an infinity pendant is better."
She scoffed and crossed her arms. "And why is that?"
He smiled sweetly and took her hands. He looked straight to her eyes and softly said, "Because an infinity pendant will symbolized our relationship that will probably take forever. We will be forever."
She scoffed again now with a smile. She hit his chest playfully and hugged him. "I think I wanted to puke from your cheesiness."
He chuckled and hugged her back. "I was just stating a truth. We will be forever Jiyeon."
 
"Eish~~ Forever eh?" He shook his head with a smile and set aside the accessories.
And now, he took the album that was full of his high school memories.
First pictures that greeted him was pictures of him with his friends. Sunggyu, Dongwoo, Woohyun, Hoya, Sungyeol and Sungjong.
They were his buddies that time and he lost contact with them since he went abroad to study.
It was pictures of him with them eating, playing, chatting, or just being wacky at some places. He chuckled when he saw the depry looks of his friends.
"I should meet them before I fly back to Japan." He muttered with a smile but then quickly fades away. "But how?"
 
Soon, he was now flipping the album with pictures of him and her.
The smile on his face was never wiped as he scanned each pictures of him with her.
Pictures of him being handsome as always, and her being derp as always.
"She never had a nice picture with me. It's always her being a derp." He chuckled when he saw a really crazy picture of her.
He then saw a picture of him and her wearing a couple varsity jacket. It was a black and pink varsity jacket.
His and her favorite color.
He smiled as he stared at that picture. "I wonder how is she already? I.... hope she found a better guy."
 
. . . . . . . .
 
"Are you alright Byunghun? You can go home if you want." Jiyeon worriedly asked Byunghun.
He was a different Byunghun now. He looks so down, sad and his eyes were really swollen.
Unlike the normal Byunghun who's so bright, full of confidence and has a mesmerizing eyes.
He just nodded his head, looking down. "I don't want to get more absences."
She sighed and just stared at him. "Cheer up Byunghun-ah.."
He forced a smile and nodded.
 
. . . . . . . .
 
Soon, Myungsoo was now walking around the neighborhood.
He had decided a few hours ago to walk around to see what's new around Seoul.
His hands were inside the pocket of his leather jacket and the scarf around his neck was covering half of his face.
It was really cold right now in Seoul. "Damn, it is colder here."
He passed by the parks, coffee shops, and more shops. He smiled when there are just little things that's gotten new.
"It was still almost the same uh?" He entered the cute coffee shop. He has been there always when he was in Highschool.
He looked around and inhaled the coffee scent inside the shop and headed to the counter.
He ordered an Americano and Sungyeol quickly came into his mind. He chuckled mentally and thought, 'I wonder if Sungyeol still loves Americano.'
Soon, he went out of the shop when he got his order and started walking again.
 
He then stopped walking when he arrived in the front gate of Seoul's university.
He scanned the place and he remembered her wish when they were in highschool.
I wanted to take Hotel and Restaurant Management in Seoul's university oppa but I don't know if I can cook. So.. maybe I'll just take Business Management.
He smiled softly when he remembered how defeated-looking she was back then when she gave up HRM because she's not confident with cooking.
"Babo. HRM is not all about cooking." He chuckled and then he saw students walking out of the gate.
He watched them one by one and sighed softly. "I wonder if she entered this university?"
 
 
Just then, he saw her.
His eyes widened and his heart skipped a beat.
She was walking beside a guy with a blonde hair.
She was like, talking nonstop, trying to cheer up the guy who's looking really sad beside her.
But that didn't mind him. All he was minding now is her.
She's gotten really prettier. And the way she wear her clothes made her look so fashionable unlike when they were in Highschool, she looks boyish with her loose clothes.
 
He gulped and watched her walked straight ahead with that guy who was now smiling with her.
"Is... he... Is he her new boyfriend?" He muttered,stuttering, to himself as he watched them.
He bit his bottom lip and turned his heels. "I'm happy for you then."
He forced a smile and went home.
 

 

Ho... ho.... ho....

How's your Christmas day? :DD
So.. here's an update!

It was about Myungsoo going back to Seoul and memories were being replayed as he saw the things he kept when he was in Highschool HAHAHHA

and .. he saw her. LOL and for the skipping heart beats etc..

That's what you feel when you saw someone you like from the past right? So yeah.. don't misunderstood yet that he still has feelings for her.

But.. there is. or maybe just a little.. lol ...so.... it's just that he wasn't sure yet if there is still since from what he knows, he loves Nana more.

So... yeah hahahaha

ENJOY~~~~~~