Sworn Secrecy

* I n d u l g e n t --- Story Requests.

Requested by: kikichai
Requested idol: TOP/Choi Seunghyun
Requested storyline: OC is a sound technician at YGE that has a withdrawn persona and Seunghyun is curious about her.


Kyungsoon sighed and watched with bored eyes as the BIGBANG members walked around the stage for rehearsal. The maknae of the group pouted, "Kyungsoon noona! Can you turn up my ear buds?" She nodded, raising a thumbs up from her seat hidden behind the stage while raising a knob that controlled Seungri's ear bud volume on the sound board. He tested his microphone with various sounds when he finally smiled, "Okay noona!" She dropped her arm and propped an elbow on the table underneath her sound board, resting her chin on her hand. Checking her watch, Kyungsoon rubbed her tired eyes with her free hand and yawned, the blaring speakers becoming nothing but fuzzy sounds. After two days without more than three hours of sleep each night, maybe she could block out the sounds and snooze, just for a bit. Kyungsoon pushed her 'Get Out' snapback down, covering her eyes and pulled her hoodie up from her black Heartbreaker sweater.

Almost completely zoned out of everything that was happening, loud clap behind her suddenly caused her jerk or jump and immediately awaken. BIGBANG's manager smiled proudly at the five boys on stage while cupping his mouth, "Yah! TOP! Dance properly!" Kyungsoon focused on the eldest of the group and did not laugh like the others as he oddly moved to the music. A majority of the beings inside the dome were laughing but her. Seunghyun intended to look at their manager, only to catch Kyungsoon's blank gaze. He raised an amused eyebrow at her, expecting her to wave, roll her eyes or giggle - but nothing happens. Instead she parts her lips just a bit, probably letting out a sigh, and looked down at the sound board. He slowly stopped dancing, the laughter dying down with everyone thinking he was going to be serious for rehearsal from now on. Brushing off his curiosity, Seunghyun continued rehearsal with a heavy heart.

He loved being laughed at or bringing laughter.

As rehearsal ended half an hour later, the staff gathered behind Kyungsoon as she made sure she locked all the knobs so that everything was perfect for the real concert. The loud chatter of wishing the five BIGBANG members luck made her ears ring, so discreetly she pushed her ear buds into her ears, a soft melody playing. She sniffed, the music comforting her sore and worn out heart. The emotions constricted her heart causing tears to blur her vision, but thankfully not enough to fall. It was so sickening - having a song that could make her cry yet make her gently smile. It was like a movie of her life flashed before her eyes in a quick second, making her heart race, yet as it reached its , her heart stopped. Trying her best to keep quiet, quick uneven breaths left . Suddenly a loud eruption of laughter startled her from behind. She held a hand on her chest as she calmed down from the fright. Once again Kyungsoon had to jump as a hand landed on her shoulder, making who ever it was retract their hand quickly.

Slowly turning around, Seunghyun gave Kyungsoon an apologetic smile as she pulled her ear buds out. He rubbed the back of his neck, "Sorry for startling you." Kyungsoon kept her gaze on their feet, focusing on a dent on the ground. She nodded her head just a bit as a cold atmosphere surrounded the two. It wasn't that she was not close with everyone else working for YGE, including BIGBANG - okay, maybe she wasn't close to anyone. But it was just mainly because she was a quiet person. Someone who couldn't make themselves approach anyone else. She'd rather stay away, secluded in her own misery. An invisible light bulb appeared above Seunghyun as he smiled almost childishly, "We're all planning to eat takeout in the dressing room, would you like to join us?" Kyungsoon glanced up into his eyes which were known to be so intense, but even his current hopeful look made her head snap back down. She shook her head, forcing herself to speak to one of the people she worked for, "I-I'm not hungry, T- I mean S-Seunghyun-ssi." Seunghyun nodded, disappointed but kept a lopsided smile anyways, "Just come and sit with us." Without waiting for her answer, he grabbed her wrist and pulled her along.

The two entered the large dressing room and both sat down on the two separate large leather chairs. Six chairs surrounded a glass table, three on each side. Kyungsoon sat on the far left, beside Jiyong and across from Seunghyun. Various styrofoam boxes filled with steaming foods altered the air making the BIGBANG members their lips. Without anyone's consent, the five began to dig in at the exact same time, stuffing their handsome faces with foods that could make it seem like they were absolutely cheating on their diets. Maybe it was because they needed energy for the upcoming concert. With a full mouth, Daesung nodded the familiar sound technician and his only same-aged friend on board for the Alive concerts, "Aren't you going to eat, Kyungsoon?" She looked at him and shook her head, mentally telling herself she was going to eat in private - no matter how good the food looked. Jiyong tossed a pair of wooden chopsticks, landing on her lap as he smiled, "Just incase you change your mind." Nodding, she slipped the pair of chopsticks out of the paper packet, but instead of breaking them apart, she twirled them using her fingers.

Taeyang called over one of the stylists, asking for Boss and Gaho so they could eat as well. The two dogs rushed into the large room and obediently sat in front of the four dog bowls, two for kibbles and two for water, wagging their tails as they waited for BIGBANG's manager to fill them. As soon as Jiyong gave them the okay command, the dogs began to stuff their faces, burying their snouts in the silver bowl full of brown kibbles. Kyungsoon quietly sighed as the five members spoke among themselves, discussing something about their next comeback. Placing her left elbow on her knee and propping her chin on her hand, her eyes locked on her right leg. Unconsciously, she held the wooden chopsticks in her right hand between her thumb and index finger, letting the wood repeatedly tap her right shin covered with her grey sweatpants, a faint ting coming from each soft impact. No one seemed to hear as Kyungsoon was in her own world, each soft sound breaking her heart just a bit more.

Ting.
His face flashed before her eyes.
Ting.
The of her life played in front of her again.
Ting.
Another pair of eyes in the room noticed her actions as he zoned out of BIGBANG's chatter.

The ears of the two dogs perked up as a high-pitched sound stopped them from eating. Both dogs located the reason for the sound and their tails began to wag again. Gaho and Boss lunged for Kyungsoon's right shin, their teeth having a tight hold on her leg. The sudden jump and yelp of the dogs and Kyungsoon caught everyone's attention. All eyes in the room widened, the stylists, managers, and the rest of the staff didn't know what to do. Growls escaped the throats of the dogs, only proving how hard they were biting onto her shin. Jiyong instinctively grabbed his big, wrinkled dog and tried prying the animal off of her, "Gaho! Release!" Taeyang rushed over and grabbed his black and white dog, trying just as hard as Jiyong to get his pet off of Kyungsoon, "Boss! Stop!" The panic in the two dog owners only rose as they noticed Kyungsoon's petrified look, tears forming in her eyes as her hands squeezed the arm rests of the chair as if her life depended on it. Her breathing was uneven as her lungs needed air from the fright.

With one hard pull the dogs were forced to let go of her leg, sighs of relief leaving everyone's mouth. Kyungsoon was soon suffocated with questions, asking if she was alright. Jiyong and Taeyang held their dogs, keeping the animals away as their eyes showed that they still wanted to bite her leg. Occasionally the dogs barked, fighting the hold of their owners. For each bark, Kyungsoon flinched from fear. Jiyong stuttered from his mini-heart attack, "I-I'm sorry Kyungsoon-ah. T-They aren't usually like t-this..." Taeyang mumbled his apology as well, shocked from his usually obedient dog's behavior. Swiftly Kyungsoon wiped her tears, making everyone's heart ache, "I-I'm okay. Just a l-little shaken." Seunghyun approached her and crouched down to check her leg when she grabbed his wrists, stopping him and taking him by complete and utter surprise.

"No!"

Heads snapped towards Kyungsoon after her yelp, worry making them crease their foreheads. She stood up, almost as if she was careful and in pain, "I-I..." clogged up as the attention just raised the fear. She could only look at air, anywhere but at a face, "Excuse me." Running out of the scene, guilt spread through the dog owners. Kyungsoon ran into an empty corridor, forgetting the tears b her eyes as she leaned on a wall, catching her breath. Hastily making sure no one was around, Kyungsoon slightly pulled up her sweats on her right leg, stopping just above the scratches made by Gaho and Boss. Her fingers ran over her shin, a shiver making her deeply frown.

"This is what you're hiding? Your prosthetic leg?"

Immediately Kyungsoon let go of her pants, snapping her head up to lock gazes with a worried face. "S-Seunghyun-ssi..." Instead of letting her talk, he crouched in front of her and pulled up her pants again, pulling it until he found the metal stopped at where her knee once was. The back of his fingers the cool metal with four small scratches ruining the smooth texture. Pulling her pants back down, he got up and leaned on the wall opposite from her, using his signature intense gaze to make sure she didn't look away, "How?" Kyungsoon sighed and closed her eyes, leaning her head back on the wall, "You really don't want to kn-" He interrupted, "What happened?" Sighing, she looked away from him, gazing at the empty hall with empty eyes. "I was coming home with my boyfriend after our date. We were just laughing when a drunk driver crashed into us." A shiver went down her spine as the memory of the headlight of the car flashed before her. She flinched as she remembered the numbing impact, but she continued. "I woke up after a few minutes. Something was holding my legs down... I-It hurt so much..." Tears rolled down her cheeks and immediately Seunghyun stood in front of her, wiping her tears with his thumbs. "He was gone... Jiho was gone. I tried to escape, but it only hurt more. I remember someone pulling me out and laying me on the ground, saying I was covered in blood. I was trying to find Jiho, and when I did..." Sobs erupted form her chest and Seunghyun instinctively pulled her face to look at him. He held Kyungsoon in a soft embrace, "He was hanging from a tree Seunghyun... Blood was seeping out of him nonstop... I-I thought he was a goner..." Seunghyun's designer shirt soaked her salty tears as she gripped his shoulders, crying like a full-on tap. She cared more about losing her lover rather than losing her leg.

Seunghyun closed his eyes and rocked them side to side as she sobbed. His heart ached knowing someone so young went through so much - just like Daesung. His grip tightened, trying to quiet her sobs. As her sobs gradually stopped, her leaned away and wiped her face, "Is that why you're so quiet?" Kyungsoon avoided his eyes and murmured her explanation, "People surrounded me when I tried to get to Jiho. I saw people get him down the tree, and they said he was awake. B-But it was because of people having their attention on me that I couldn't tell him I loved him. It's all their fault I couldn't say goodbye." Seunghyun sighed and gave her a sad smile, "Your secret is safe with me, Kyungsoon." She smiled and thanked him, her voice almost inaudible from her sobbing. Seunghyun smiled, "Promise me you'll try to be comfortable with everyone. Maybe then you can tell others about what makes you so beautiful." She raised an eyebrow at him, it was as if Seunghyun reminded her of Jiho. She scoffed, "What makes me so beautiful?" Seunghyun leaned his forehead on hers, their noses brushing and his breath crashing onto her face, "Your leg. It's beautiful how you survive living with something others can't." Kyungsoon giggled and he smirked, "That's a beautiful sound. Now promise me, Kyungsoon." She looked into his eyes and bit her lip, a new feeling of hope finally spreading through her body after years of living in the lonely darkness.

"Promise."