The Bet (1/2)

All Because of a Bet

 

“BOYS, RISE AND SHINE! UMMA’S GOT SOME BACON AND EGGS WAITING FOR YOU IF YOU GET READY QUICKLY!”

In case you are unsure of where this story is currently taking place, I will shine some light on the situation. That, a moment ago, was Kyungsoo and Baekhyun’s mom. They are twins with strikingly similar personalities, but completely different looks. They even have the same social status as each other, nerds. Ignored by the rest of the school, these boys spend their time studying and making flash cards even though it is clear that they could pass without them. Let’s continue…

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun simply pulled each one of their blankets over their heads while refusing to get up from the bunk beds.

“YOU LAZY…IF BOTH OF YOU DON’T FINSH GETTING READY IN 30 MINUTES, YOU’RE DEAD MEAT.”

“Ugh, Kyung, go retrieve my stuff. I’ll awaken eventually,” Baekhyun mumbled, trying to be loud enough so his brother could hear.

“Mffmmf, no. It is your responsibility, you preposterous, lagging, careless doofus,” Kyungsoo retorted. Neither of them could refrain from using higher level words. I mean, he could’ve just said, “No. Do it yourself, you lazy bastard.”

“That is no way to speak to your hyung. Do it or I’ll tell everyone you like that tan playboy.”

“HYUNG! He is NOT a playboy. The girls throw themselves at him. Would you be able to refuse such pretty young ladies? And you can’t tell anyone! That will be like the Americans losing the Revolutionary War! By that, I mean a major disappointment. I find their persistence very influencing and I don’t know what I would do if we hadn’t been taught-”

WHATEVER…floats your boat. Now are you going to accomplish my orders or just sit there and rant on and on about….umm.…the topic you were just ranting about?” Baekhyun said with his head still buried in his pillow. The threat that he gave Kyungsoo was completely unharmful since he had no one to tell anyways.

“Fine, hyung,” Kyungsoo said as he trudged to the bathroom. He was going to have to wake up his brother in 5 minutes. Even though it would more than satisfy him to make Baekhyun skip breakfast, their mother would lecture them both.

Once he reached the bathroom, he brushed his teeth and decided that he would shower later, considering his mama’s time limit and all. After that, he brushed his hair that was cut way too short (because of a certain someone’s bubblegum) and contemplated on what to wear. Eventually, he picked a polka-dotted polo shirt and brown khakis. His school doesn’t have a uniform, but he and Baekhyun liked that this style was comfortable…even if it looked “unfashionable”. Kyungsoo couldn’t even imagine how tight those skinny jeans that everyone wore were. When he was done, he admired himself in the mirror and went to wake his brother.

Honestly, both of the brothers were very handsome. Kyungsoo had huge, adorable eyes and plump, luscious lips that would make a girl jealous. However, that was all blocked by his large, squared glasses and old-fashioned sense of style. Baekhyun was nearly the same, with ugly helmet hair distracting people from his cute eye smile and soft, thin lips. They could probably even become popular…

Kyungsoo made his way to their bedroom to wake up his 3-minute-older-hyung. As expected, said person was still lying face down on the bed. He went over and kneeled next to the bed so that he was close enough to Baekhyun’s ear.

“Chanyeol is here, and he loves you.”

At this, Baekhyun jolted up and looked around in expectation. He saw Kyungsoo cheekily smiling and realized the situation since it was oh so familiar as all of his other mornings. Baekhyun only woke up when hearing his mom or something in which sparks up his interest. As little kids, it was, “The pan and oil are ready for you Bacon,” and once he had crushed on a certain happy virus, it became anything about him.

Anyways…

“Hyung! Get ready for school! If we don’t mama’s gonna give us a lecture again!” (A/N: Author doesn’t have time to look for synonyms of all of their dialogue, so just assume that they use big words.)

“Arasso! You think I’m stupid or something?!” You know, Baekhyun was never a morning person.

“Fine, fine. I’ll be downstairs eating breakfast.”

Tch, impatient . He can’t even wait for his own twin to be finished. I don’t think he remembers anything that I taught him as his hyung. Is he THAT disrespectful? Huh, I never knew. I thought he was an innocent little owl, but he even had the heart to betray his brother like this! I will never do anything for that little fart ever again…

By the time Baekhyun had finished his mental tantrum, he was done changing. He went to brush his teeth and do his morning business. When that jazz was done, he went downstairs to eat breakfast with his brother and mom. Nice and peaceful…NOT.

“Fnially! I thought I would have to go up there and pull you down!” their mom, Ae Sook, said. “Sit, sit! Growing boys need good nutrition!”

“Alright, calm down umma! I’m gonna eat it right now,” Baekhyun obediently said.

“Yah, Kyungie! Umma wants you to eat with your brother, NOW!” Ae Sook wanted her sons to be close, even closer than they already were.

“Umma, I’m right here,” Kyungsoo replied calmly. He was sitting right next to her, but it was normal for her to ask before she checked.

“Oh, I was just making sure.”

The boys began eating their food…kind of. Every time their food was about 2 inches from their mouths, they would see their mom staring directly at them with a motherly smile. Too motherly.

“Uh…do you need something, umma?” Kyungsoo asked, clearly uncomfortable. Usually, their mom would be watching TV or something, but today, she showed no signs of leaving the table.

“Oh, well, there’s this friend of mine who has a son about your age and she told me that he’s got a girlfriend. Since she knows and I have absolutely no idea, I wonder why that is, I just wanted to know…do you boys possibly have girlfriends?”

 Kyungsoo nearly choked on his eggs. “UMMA!”

“No? Then what about boyfriends?”

This alarmed both of them. “UMMA!”

“What? I am an open-minded person, and if I support it, you know your father will too. Oh, you boys would look so cute with taller, toned ones!” Did I mention that their mom was a bit of a fan?

“Ugh, I’m done with breakfast. Let’s go Kyungsoo.”

“Neh, hyung.”

They grabbed their backpacks and left while their mom was still in “ Fantasy Paradise”. Together, they walked to a nearby bus stop and got on. Because the rest of the bus was filled with old people, the lack of sound they longed for since morning was given. Ultimately, their school came to view. They paid their fare and got off, barely prepared for the crazy day yet to come.


"Love is like friendship caught on fire. In the beginning of a flame, very pretty, hot and fierce, but still light and flickering. As love grows older,  out heart becomes mature and our love as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.."

❤ Bruce Lee ❤

Message from Baekyeol_12 - I'll be doing these quotes thingy on every chapter, if you don't mind :)

~ • ~ • ~ •  ~

Hi everyone! :) This is part 1 and I will probably put up part 2 tomorrow. This chapter is boring, but I had to introduce everything to you guys. For those subscribers that read my other story, I've Got a P e r v e r t e d Master, I’m VERY sorry that I haven’t updated and that I raised your hopes up. :( Something every unexpected happen on the day I told you I would update. I’ve been slacking lately and I will try my best to update more! Baekyeol_12 will probably write the chapter after part 2 for this story. HEARTS, <3s, HARTTS to all of you! (I have no shame in self-advertising.

^-^)