The Boy With the Voice

The boy at the piano

 

 

Kyungsoo's voice was like his smile; velvet like silk and as soft as butter. Listening would literally cause melting on the spot, until a broken mess of feelings, tears and laughs were left on a bundle before his feet. It was emotional and raw, a direct highway to Kyungsoo's pure soul, and so very clean though on the same time so husky. Jongin found himself lost in the depth of it, waiting, longing to hear it. Longing to see that perfect smile of his.

 

Jongin had never been one to believe in love at first sight, still didn't in fact, but there had been a certain connection between the two, between their souls as they let it all go in the music room and became one through the music that bound their bodies together. He with his piano, Kyungsoo with his voice.

In that half darkness a spark had ignited. Jongin could still feel the fire, feel the burns he had gotten. He saw it in Kyungsoo's eyes as well. Whenever they played together, sitting next to each other on that bench, looking each other deeply in the eye, the fire was burning, brighter than ever, stronger than ever. Jongin knew what it meant but dared not speak the words. He was scared, scared he might have misinterpreted it, might make a fool out of himself.

 

It was a burden, an unknown, unfamiliar one at that. Jongin was self confident, he knew how attractive he was, knew how his smile could melt the hearts of fangirls at school, and some boys too, but this, this was different. The people in the past had meant little to him, they had been blurred faces in a crowd of blurred faces. This though, Kyungsoo, his picture was sharp as the edge of a blade, as clear and bright as sunlight, and honestly, Jongin had no clue what he was supposed to do. Just play his stupid instrument, he guessed, and so he did.

 

 

The last school bell had rung, the sun was shining mildly through a window in a room where two boys sat by a piano, one playing, the other singing. Jongin and Kyungsoo had once again met in the hidden classroom, like they did a lot these days. Half a month had past since Kyungsoo had transferred, and that half month had been spent mostly in the room they found themselves in at the moment. The more time they spent there, the more Jongin felt it change. Earlier the room had had a fresh scent of fresh air and flowers from the few that stood outside the low windows, but as the room became not only Jongin's but also Kyungsoo's, the scent of the wide eyed boy mixed with the other smells, the scent of sweet warm chocolate, peppermint and something else...something Kyungsoo. Jongin couldn't put a finger on it, but it made his mouth water and made him wonder if it would taste like the scent indicated, if he were to kiss the innocent looking boy.

 

Thought's trailing away, running steadily in a dangerous direction, Jongin's hands abruptly stopped in their track, the piano growing silent. He was lost in the train of his thoughts, lost in his imaginary kiss with the boy next to him, so close and warm, so beautiful. Slowly, as if dreaming, Jongin turned his head, looking at Kyungsoo his eyes hazy. So, so beautiful; his dark hair framing his pale face, his eyes like liquid chocolate.
The sun that was flowying through the window was colouring the spikes of his hair, giving them a slight golden shine. Kyungsoo's lips were slightly apart, due to his confused expression, and in Jongin's state of mind, they were inviting him to have a go, begging him to come closer, luring him into a sweet trap of glorious taste.

 

Jongin inched closer, eyes fixated on the full lips in front of him, his mind completely gone, every sense and shame left him. Those pretty lips, so well shaped and soft. The taste so good, he hoped, so sweet.

 

He didn't reach them and didn't get to taste. Kyungsoo flailed away from him, falling of their shared chair in the process. His eyes wider than Jongin had ever seen them, his mouth open possibly even as wide, his expression one of shock, blush high on his cheeks.

 

Tension, silence and the unsteady in and out take of breath from Kyungsoo. That was all there was in the massive eternity of the universe, with all it's stars, planets, galaxies and a music room occupied with two boys, one on the floor the other still at the piano, both motionless as they stared into the other's eyes. Deep, brown, a battle of emotions fighting against on another, both obviously not in control of what they felt and was happening in their bodies.

 

“.. I.” Jongin croaked out, eyes searching, roaming. He looked apologetic but was in fact beyond regret and sorrow. He loathed himself for having stepped on Kyungsoo's personal space bubble. No, not stepped on it, not just stepped on it, but completely violated it. He had taken a poop covered shoe and smudge it all over the bubble. He was quite sure Kyungsoo would never forgive him again for what he had done.

 

Searching the eyes, Jongin was astonished to realize that none of the hate he had been seeking in the dark eyes of Kyungsoo was to be found. None of the disgust and hurt he'd been sure would be clearly visible was dulling the shine of those orbs. Only the chock, the chock that was fading and getting replaced with nervousness, which the soft bite of the lip also indicated. Kyungsoo stared with his wide eyes into Jongin's, he too searching things, things Jongin could only guess of. 
In the silence Jongin scooted away from him to give him some space, scared of making the other feel uncomfortable, but much to his surprise Kyungsoo would have none of that. With a sudden pull Kyungsoo hived Jongin to him by his tie, fingers strong and his eyes no longer unsure and nervous. There was determination there and his face was set in stone.

 

For a split second Jongin was as chocked and surprised as Kyungsoo had been, his eyes too wide, boring holes into Kyungsoo's, but then Jongin saw no more emotion in the brown orbs, saw nothing in fact, for his eyes had fluttered shut and all his senses had focused on only one thing. Kyungsoo's lips on his. Those soft, plump lips pressed lightly onto his own full ones, a billion unspoken words whispering between their connected mouths. Out of those words a melody was created, a light weight, beautiful and simple melody that captured the hearts of the to men and knitted them together tightly; a string of notes that cut through skin and bone, and connected their souls and inner, beings.

 

For a ghostly second that stretched much farther than a second was supposed to, the two kissed, eyes shut tightly, feeling more than seeing each other and the beauty they each withheld, letting go of the fear and themselves. Then their lips parted and their eyes opened, their world opened. Foreheads against each other, Jongin smiled carefully at Kyungsoo who returned it happily, humming the sweet melody that warmed Jongin's heart and made their bond stronger.

 

 

From that moment on the two were inseparable, not physically but spiritual. The bond they shared, the music that constantly flowed through them, keeping them united in ways not even they understood but was a part of nature and life itself, never wore down and never stopped tying them together. They were like two sides of the same coin. A coin that kept it's shine till the world had stopped spinning, and the sun had disappeared into the sea of stars, never to return.  

 

---

Ahahah.. So this took a while, and I'm not even sure how happy am I with it.. but as long as you sequel-loving-people like it, I'm happy. ^^ "I ".. oh yes. Nice use of words there Jongin. Well almost anyway..