Final.

One love that is not noticed.

 

It was just another day. Another flight to another destination. Another crowd of fans that they would have to fight their way through. Yixing loves his fans, don’t get him wrong. He really does cherish every single one of them, but sometimes that get a little hard to deal with. Is it so much to ask if they could possible try to not knock them down while passing through the airport? Yixing puts on a smile anyway because he doesn’t want to show his discomfort or his anger.

Luhan has been having it hard lately. They’ve been working so hard and Luhan hasn’t been able to rest because he keeps getting a few dance steps wrong for their comeback song and he would have to stay and start from the beginning. Yixing tries to help him as much as he is able to, but he himself has been having troubles with his aching body.

Yixing is pulled from his thoughts when the manager tugs on his coat. “We are going to miss the flight if you don’t pick up the pace, Yixing.”

Yixing bows in apology and begins to walk faster. They make it through the front entrance with ease, but making it through the airport made for greater difficulties. It was so crowded and so much noise was being made by screaming fans trying to grab EXO-M’s attention. Yixing stuck close to Kris at first because there was less of a crowd around him. Kris looks behind him as Yixing clings to the back of his coat and grabs a hold of Yixing’s hand to pull him in front of him. “Why is it so crowded every time we come to the airport?”

Kris shrugs and puts his arms around Yixing’s waist to keeps him from falling. “What do expect? We have become massively popular since debut. It was bound to happen.”

“But how do they even know when we will be at the airport?” Yixing asks.

“It’s because of stalker fans.” Kris answers.

A fan calls out to Yixing while holding a bag out to him. He looks over and smiles. She smiles back and shouts to him, “Can you give this to Xiumin oppa?” Understanding why she asked him instead of giving it to Xiumin herself, he nods in response and kindly takes the bag from her.

“Why do you do that?” Kris asks Yixing while leading him around a fallen barricade.

“Why do I do what?” He answers with another question.

“Accept gifts from fans for Xiumin. Why do you do that?”

Yixing smiles sadly. “It’s because I don’t want him to think that he doesn’t have fans out there. Nor do I want Chen to think that.”

“You always care about the members more than yourself.” Kris comments.

Yixing looks over at Xiumin and his smile fades as he sees Luhan protectively hugging Xiumin from behind. His heart felt like it was behind held in place by very thin ropes. Yixing pulls his eyes away and pulls away from Kris’s grasp. He tries to force his way to where Luhan and Xiumin are and nearly falls in the process. He would have fallen if Luhan didn’t let go of Xiumin to catch him. Yixing didn’t fall on purpose, but he sure was happy that he did because now Luhan was holding on to him and not Xiumin. “Thank you, Luhan.”

“You’re welcome.” Luhan says with a smile.

They make it past the barricade of security and make their way to the escalators. Yixing sighs in relief that they were free from being so crowded, He steps onto the same escalator that Xiumin stepped on and waits. As Yixing makes an attempt to stand behind Xiumin, Chen comes up behind Yixing and steps in between them.

Chen starts to talk to Xiumin about something that Yixing didn’t care to listen to. All Yixing was focused on was the urge to scream. He tried his hardest not to scream, but the more Chen stood there, the more Yixing wanted to explode.

Luckily the manager called Chen or Yixing might have caused a scene that would have ended terribly for him. Chen walks on ahead of them to stand next to the manager, leaving an opening for Yixing to step behind Xiumin. He steps behind xiumin, but makes sure to leave enough space to keep him close and to keep anyone from stepping in. He puts his right hand onto his right bag strap and looks around for any prying eyes. He smiles slightly when he catches none. Looking back at Xiumin, he whispers to himself, “This is my chance.”

He closes the space between them and leans into Xiumin slowly. He pucker his lips, ready to kiss the back of Xiumin’s head, but ends up missing and kissing air. He watches as Xiumin steps off of the escalator and looks up to hide the tears that he didn’t expect to form in his eyes. As he looks up, he catches a gaze of a young woman with long hair and a nice camera, smiling at him. “Damn it.” He breathes and looks back down as Kris begins to drag him to their plane.

~*~

“So I found this interesting picture on the internet.” Kris tells Yixing.

“What picture is that?” Yixing asks while keeping his eyes on Xiumin smiling and laughing at whatever Chen is telling him.

“It’s a fan taken picture actually.” Kris brings it up on his phone and leans over to show it to Yixing. “It’s of you and Xiumin.”

Yixing pulls his eyes away from Xiumin and Chen to look at the picture on Kris’s phone. His eyes widen and he pulls Kris’s phone from his hand. “How was that uploaded so fast?”

“Why does it look like you were going to kiss his head?” Kris asks and pulls his phone back.

Yixing didn’t answer. He didn’t know how. He just sat there staring into space. He finally thought of something to say and said it as calmly as he possibly could. “Someone bumped into me and I was about to fail, but I caught myself before I did.”

“Do you know how illogical that sounds, Yixing?”

“Why should you care anyway?” Yixing retorted. “It doesn’t hurt your image, so why should you care?”

“I care because you are one of my best friends and I care about your well being which also includes your feelings.” He says warmly.

“Well, that’s awfully soft hearted of you, Duizhang.”

“Why are you acting like this?”

“It’s because I am tired of trying to get noticed by Xiumin and being blocked, interrupted, or missing my chance.” Yixing shouts quietly.

“Hey, Yixing?” Xiumin call out to Yixing.

Yixing looks over in his direction and puts on a smile. “Yes?”

“Thanks for collecting that girls gift for me.” He smiles and goes back to talking to Xiumin.

“That’s a start isn’t it?” Kris says.

“He always thanks me for getting his fan gifts for him.” Yixing says sadly.


Author's note:

I had to write this one shot. It was killing me not too. I don't even ship Xiulay like that, but all because of this one picture that I seen.

1,171 words length. I really hope you like this one shot and if you are curious as to where I got the idea, I go it from this picture: