Fight Or Flight

Bloodlust❤ (hiatus until further notice)

 

 

Myungsoo’s POV ____________________❤

It was cold.

The weather must be trying really hard to even make beings of our kind feel cold.

I hugged my knees to my chest and rested my head on my knees.

I was sitting on the rooftop of Jiyeon’s house.

Moonlight glinted on the white, falling snow and I brushed snow that was starting to collect off my shirtsleeve.

It was a peaceful night. I heard an owl hoot. The wind was still, with occasional teasing of my hair.

A bunch of teenagers strolled past our street, smoking and kicking stones off out of their way. These punks, they weren’t going to be alive for long if they do this every night.

I was safe up here, because no one could see me.

Nights like these made me think through things.

What am I doing all these for? Do I really like her?

I guess I’ll probably never find the answers to these questions. I chuckled softly to myself and almost fell off the roof when the balcony door slid open all of a sudden.

Jiyeon was in her pyjamas and bunny slippers. She rubbed her hands together and slid the balcony door close softly, just like how she opened it.

Her long, brown curls fell over her shoulders messily, as if she had just woken up from a bad dream.

I stared at her from the rooftop, tilting my head from left to right occasionally.

She leaned her slender frame against the railings, and from here I could see tears streaming down her face.

She smiled sadly and wiped off her tears with the back of her hand, laughing softly to herself while doing that.

“Why are you crying? Did you have a bad night?” I whispered to myself.

As if she heard me, she turned at looked exactly at the spot where I was sitting at. But I knew she couldn’t see me, I’m invisible.

“Turn back, pabo, go back to sleep.” I laughed at her sleepless face.

As if on cue, she walked back into the house. I rested my arms behind my head and closed my eyes.

 

Morning(Back to your POV) ____________________❤

“Yah, Park Jiyeon, we’re late for school! Hurry and wake up!” I heard Ginny’s shrill voice as she rushed around the house to get her things.

“Where’s Myungsoo? I thought he was supposed to wake us up and bring me to school?” I sat up groggily and rubbed my eyes.

“I saw him walking to school with another girl.” She stopped whatever she was doing and said softly.

I stopped rubbing my eyes and stood up. I didn’t know why, but a pang of disappointment hit me.

“Geurae?” I tugged my school uniform out of the hanger from my closet and slammed the door shut.

“By the way, where’s Minhyuk?” I tried changing the topic and went into the bathroom.

“Ah… He’s late for school too~ I woke up only when I received his call,” Ginny said with an apologetic tone.

I opened the bathroom door and stared at her. She fidgeted with her shoes sheepishly and stuck out her tongue. “Kim Myungsoo, you’re so dead.” I said through my clenched jaws and closed the door.

 

We were already 30 minutes late for class when we arrived at school. Minhyuk only caught up with us about 10 minutes after we left the house. He had dark circles under his eyes and his hair was obviously uncombed.

“Yah, why were you late?” Ginny swiped at his tousled hair, which made it even messier.

“I-I was busy last night,” He kicked at the snow on the ground.

“What were you doing up so late at night?” She kicked his foot and I stifled a laugh.

“Aish, I was busy!” Minhyuk became impatient and stamped his feet.

“What a kid,” I commented.

“What did you just say?” He stared daggers at me and I looked away. Too much, too much. No human being could ever possibly hold a vampire’s strong gaze like that.

“Hey, you lot, come over here, I have to note your names down,” a girl with long black hair and blood red lips approached us. She looked so pretty.

“That’s the girl that Myungsoo walked to school with,” Ginny whispered to me.

“How did you know?” I whispered back.

“I saw them when I woke up today, she was outside of his house, and then he came out and walked away with her.”

“Jang Ginny, Park Jiyeon, Lee Minhyuk, Yook Sungjae…” Her girly voice trailed off as she typed our names into her tablet, reading it off out name tags.

“Sungjae?” Minhyuk whirled around. We turned too.

To see Sungjae standing behind me, still half asleep. I jumped when my face almost knocked into his chest.

 “Annyeong.” He mumbled and backed off a little.

“I guess all of us are going to get it from the disciplinary firm,” Ginny shrugged and made her way into school.

I walked past the girl and read her name from her nametag. Kim Hyuna. I wondered if she was a vampire too.

“Is she Myungsoo’s girlfriend?” Ginny leaned in and asked me.

“How would I know?” I furrowed my brows, annoyed.

“Why are you so interested, by the way?” Minhyuk tugged at Ginny’s bag strap and pretended to want to break it.

“I think someone’s jealous~” Sungjae, who was finally awake, chipped in.

“Shut up!” Minhyuk turned to Sungjae and gave him a friendly punch.

 

School ended. I was surprised to see Baekhyun absent from school today. I didn’t see him anywhere, and he didn’t even go to his locker when I waited there.

“Girls, we have detention,” Sungjae handed Ginny and I a detention slip each.

“Are you kidding me? Three hours for just being late?” Ginny shrieked and stared incredulously at me. I shook my head and rolled my eyes. “This is school life,” I pouted and blew a strand of hair away from my eyes.

The first person I saw when the four of us entered the detention hall was Myungsoo.

Why was he late? Didn’t he come to school with Hyuna? Unless he went somewhere else before coming to school…?

I shook the thought off. His business is none of my business. I twitched my lips and went to sit in a corner of the detention hall.

I pulled out my sketchpad and began drawing random circles on it. Minhyuk, Ginny and Sungjae sat at the front. Sungjae fished a deck of poker cards out from his backpack and begin shuffling them.

I pursed my lips and sighed, wondering what to do for these three hours. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw Myungsoo nodding asleep as he leaned his head against the window.

Why is he always so tired? Was he hunting or something at night?

Just then, Hyuna entered the detention hall. “I need to collect your handphones, surrender them too me and I’ll return them to you when your detention time is up. Before the time ends, please do not leave this room. By the way, poker cards are not allowed but I’m going to make an exception for you lot because I understand how boring detention can get. Just in case any teacher discovers you playing with it, I do not know anything about it.” She patted the table and motioned us to place our handphones there. I sighed and pulled out mine from my backpack. No texts. Where was Baekhyun?

“I’ll be back after three hours. Your detention time starts now,” Hyuna said and kept all our phones in her bag and left the room.

I put my head on my arms and fell asleep on the desk.

 

I woke up when the detention hall’s door opened with a bang. “It’s over?” I mumbled, still sleepy. When I heard no reply, I looked up and froze.

Everything was happening so fast. Myungsoo threw himself in front of me and immediately dropped to the ground, holding his head in his hands.

I saw Xiumin; he was staring right at Myungsoo with a twisted smile on his face.

Suho, Sehun and Tao were standing at the door.

What was going on?

“I knew it was a mistake that day to help the both of you,” Suho walked slowly towards me. My eyes were locked on Myungsoo, who was lying unconscious on the floor.

“What?” A whisper escaped Ginny’s lips.

“You forgot? That day you got bitten by the vampire… And you, we should’ve killed you from the start,” he pointed to me and edged closer to the desk I was sitting at.

So they were coming for me.

“WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM?” I pointed to Myungsoo and screamed at Xiumin.

“Maybe I should let you feel it too,” his eyes was starting to turn into a shade of vermillion.

“Not so fast. We’re not invisible, you know.” Minhyuk scrunched his eyebrows up and in a second he was standing behind Xiumin.

“That lame ability of yours… I have an even improvised version of it,” Minhyuk sneered and threw a punch at him.

“I can make you obey everything I want you to, I can even make you turn against your own filthy lot. Elementals, eh?” he threw another punch.

Suho grabbed me by my collar and I was flung across the room, my head hitting something hard as I landed. I felt something warm and sticky trailing down my forehead.

“Myungsoo ah, here’s the things you wanted me to-” My eyes were still closed after the heavy impact on my head, but I heard another voice. Please, help us.

Across the room I heard a scream; I forced my eyes open and saw Sehun hovering over Ginny, his hands on her shoulders. From her expression I knew that he was exerting force on her shoulders, a lot of force.

I heard bones snapping, tissues tearing.

“What are you doing? Let go of her,” Minhyuk turned towards them and Xiumin slowly got up behind him.

“Minhyuk, behind you!” Sungjae warned. Tao threw a ball of fire at him.

My eyesight blurred. I saw Suho in front of me, his hands reaching for my throat. “You should have been dead from the start,” he spat into my face.

I braced myself for the worst and squeezed my eyes shut. Nothing came. I opened my eyes.

Sungyeol was dragging Suho across the room. “I knew it, man. We warned you, didn’t we?” He glared at Suho as if he was some dirt.

“We’re not touching the girl, and neither will we allow you to. Did you forget that?” Hoya appeared beside Sungyeol, and lifted Suho up effortlessly without even touching him. Hoya’s face twisted into a smile. “You like to play games with us, don’t you?” He grinned widely at Suho, who was still hovering mid-air.

I saw Tao dropping to the floor with a thud. In Sungjong’s hand was a red glowing orb of light. He caught me staring and winked at me. “Just stealing some if his energy. Don’t worry, he’s not dead. Yet.”

The whole detention hall was in ruins.

“Myungsoo you bastard, how the hell did you get into detention? You weren’t even late for class!” Sungkyu helped Myungsoo, who was now conscious, up.

So he wasn’t late? Then why is he in detention?

“I think we know,” Woohyun replied, and grabbed Sehun’s collar, throwing him out of the detention hall with just one hand.

“Oh,” Sungkyu gave a small grin and Myungsoo glared at him.

“You okay?” Myungsoo walked towards me. Before I realized what was happening, he was dabbing my forehead with his crisp-white shirt. I saw blood everywhere.

“. Why are you bleeding so much?” This was the first time I’ve heard Myungsoo curse. I giggled, but no sound came out. Something was wrong.

His whole shirt was now blood-red. I tried shifting my head a little and the pain came. It was as if someone pierced my head directly with a knife.

“. We have to get that thing out of her head immediately.” Sungkyu stared at me, his eyes wide with horror.

“Jiyeon, listen to me. This will hurt a lot. You may bite me if you want to,” Myungsoo looked at the spot at where Sungkyu was staring at and bit his lip.

“Hyung, I need your help. Get a cloth, anything to wrap around her head or she’ll die of bleeding.” I realized the seriousness of the situation I was in now.

“I’ll pull it out as gently as I can, just bear with it, okay?” He extended his arm and placed it in front of my face. “Bite me.”

I wasn’t prepared for this. I saw him tugging lightly. The pain immediately hit me and I opened my mouth and bit into his bare skin. I tasted something sweet, as sweet as sugar. Mmm, his blood is sweet.

I opened my eyes again when the pain was over and saw him holding a thick metal baseball bat, split into half. The end was dripping with blood, so much blood. My blood.

“Am I going to die?” I smiled and asked Myungsoo weakly.

“I won’t let that happen,” his face was grim as he wrapped a piece of cloth from the curtain around my head.

 

I tilted my head a little and saw Ginny. She was covered in blood too. Minhyuk was carrying her.

“Is my friend okay?” I lifted my hand, which was shaking so badly, and pointed at their direction.

“Don’t worry, I’ll take her home.” Minhyuk heard me and headed out of the hall.

I was finally able to close my eyes after hearing that.

 

DEAR READERS,

♡I know it's getting boring because of the lot of characters I have in my fanfic here TvT I'm trying to improvise, really. And maybe kill off some people to quicken the process /evil laughing/

AND FINALLY, A REALLY LONG CHAPTER FOR THE FIRST TIME. IT TOOK UP 5 MICROSOFT WORD PAGES.TvT

Thanks for reading.♡