Negotiation

Bloodlust❤ (hiatus until further notice)

 

 

 

Classroom 15B ____________________❤

The bell for next period rang and students began filing out of the classroom. Only Suho and the teacher remained in the room.

“Why did you allow them to meet?” Suho asked coldly.

“Nothing lasts forever, Suho.”

“Did you foresee anything?”

“What if I say yes?” The boy fiddled with the glass marble in his hands.

“What did you see?”

“Interesting things. That girl is going to bring about a big change in the peace between the clans.”

 

School Ended____________________❤

I stood at the school gate. Ginny and Minhyuk had gone off to the local library so I decided to hang out with Baekhyun today. My arm still felt sore after letting Myungsoo lie on it for so long. I rubbed it and pouted.

A pair of arms slid around my waist from the back. I laughed and turned around, finding myself face-to-face with Baekhyun.

“Jagiyah, what shall we do today?” Baekhyun took my backpack and slung it over his shoulder.

I blushed. It was the first time he ever called me ‘jagiyah’. “Molla~” I rested my head against his shoulder as we walked out of school.

“Yah, Park Jiyeon.” I heard a familiar voice. I turned and saw Myungsoo, crossing his arms and staring at us like were both fugitives.

“Have you forgotten what your umma told you?” He narrowed his eyes.

“What’s wrong? What’s going on?” I felt Baekhyun’s tone becoming tense.

I made an expression that signaled Myungsoo to shut up. He grinned like a badass.

“Kim Myungsoo, what do you want?” Baekhyun clenched his fists.

“Maybe you should ask her.” Myungsoo flipped his hair at my direction and went off, his posture and actions clearly showed that he was mad. Fuming mad.

A pang of guilt bit me in the chest. I had forgotten that Myungsoo would be waiting for me after school everyday to walk me home. My entire mood dissipated. I had no urge to go out and have fun anymore. My eyes lingered on Myungsoo, his backview becoming smaller and smaller, until it was just a tiny speck of black in the white, falling snow.

 

“You’re clearly hiding something from me, aren’t you.” Baekhyun pierced me with his strong gaze until I had to look away.

“Aniya.” I bit my lips. A really bad habit of mine when I’m telling lies.

“Tell me.” The tone of his voice clearly showed that he was angry.

“I said no. Nothing happened. I’m not hiding anything.” I looked him firmly in the eye.

“Don’t lie to me.” He stared back at me.

“I’m not lying,” I protested, fighting the urge to look away. If I looked away, it will mean that I’m guilty.

“I don’t want us to have fights or quarrels anymore. Can you please come clean with me?”  He grabbed my elbow.

“Let go.”

“Not if you tell me what’s going on.”

“Fine! Myungsoo has been walking me from home to school and back home for a period of time! And now he’s mad because I didn’t let him know beforehand that- that-…” I couldn’t find the right words to put in.

That Baekhyun and I got back together?

That we were even together?

That I’m not walking home with him anymore?
I wrenched my elbow out of his grip and walked away. Then, I turned and walked back towards him, pulling my backpack from his shoulder and walking away again.

 

The Meeting ____________________❤

All of them, except for one, sat around a huge, ebony white table.

“Where’s Baekhyun hyung?” The youngest one asked.

“We don’t need him, period.” Suho replied without looking at him.

“His foolishness is going to cause trouble to all of us, endanger his own life, as well as ours. That boy just doesn’t learn from his mistakes.” He tapped the edge of the table with his fingers.

“So…” Tao whispered.

“Yes. We do what we did to Sae Eun. We kill the girl.”

“Count me in,” Xiumin got up from his seat and walked out of the room.

Luhan shifted absentmindedly in his seat. “I don’t want to kill her. She’s a pretty noona.”

“Me too.” Kai looked up at Suho, his lips set into a thin line.

“You guys are stupid, can’t you see the danger we’re heading towards?” Suho banged his fist on the table and snarled.

“You’re insane.” Chris shook his head.

“We were once murderers of Kim Sae Eun. She was just an innocent girl. I’m not doing it anymore.” Chanyeol looked at Suho incredulously.

“At the same time, I don’t want to hurt Baekhyun any further. Didn’t you see what happened to him when Sae Eun died? He was zombified. He didn’t take his meals regularly. He almost died. Losing him will be a great loss to us. The nature of us Elementals won’t be balanced anymore. Have you forgotten? Each element on earth has to have two guardians.” Sehun mumbled.

“We’ll be betraying Baekhyun a second time. I’m not doing it.” Lay got up and left.

“Suho, be rational. There must be a way out of this mess.” Chen patted his back.

All of the members took their leave.

We’ll see, Suho grinded his teeth as he watched them leave.

 

Baekhyun’s Nightmare ____________________❤

There she was. Smiling at him.

She clasped her hands together and closed her eyes.

Cloaks. There were people wearing red cloaks. They were everywhere.

One, two, three, four…

Nine, ten, eleven.

Eleven. There were eleven of them.

One of them grabbed her neck and snapped it like a twig.

She didn’t even get to open her eyes.

Eleven, there were eleven of them.

Three carried her and two set her on fire. Another picked her head up and threw it in the flames.

The others watched.

One of them pulled down his hood.

He could never see that person’s face no matter how many times he dreamt this dream.

Agonized screams. Ringing in his head.

His internal agony.

His strength. His consciousness.

Everything drifting away.

Away from him.

 

Foiled Plans ____________________❤

“You’re talking terms with us now?” Sungyeol drawled in a lazy tone.

“Nah. Myungsoo will never agree to it.” Sungkyu could feel the person’s mind boiling with anger.

He smirked and flicked imaginary dust off his uniform.

Suho narrowed his eyes at Sungkyu. “What do you mean by ‘Myungsoo will never agree to it’?”

“We’re not like you. We tolerate our clan members’… How should I put it...? Desires? You see, humans die, but we don’t. So why not have some fun with them?” Woohyun stared at a crawling bug on the surface of the staircase railings. The bug stopped moving and flipped upside down, dead.

“So do you mean Myungsoo likes that human too?” Suho’s eyes glinted.

“What if Baekhyun found out what I did to him after it happened? Will he be mad? Will he be so mad that he tears apart the whole mansion?” Dongwoo gave him a gummy smile playfully.

“Are you trying to threaten me?”

“It depends on whether you’re trying to threaten us or not.” Sungjong growled at him.

“We’re not touching the girl, and neither will we allow you to.” Hoya said in a firm tone.

 

It had always been their rule: Whatever Myungsoo says, they obey.

 

After Suho left, Myungsoo materialized out of thin air.

“Hyung, do we-“ Sungjong started.

Myungsoo held up a hand to stop him and shook his head.

“I’ll do it myself.” He blinked and pushed his bangs away from his eyes.

He had foreseen this. He knew Suho right from before they were turned. He knew what Suho will do, and can do.

This time, he’s all out to stop him.